Brooklyn Nets away jersey leaked

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Re: Brooklyn Nets away jersey leaked 

Post#41 » by Luigi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am

I like the rebranding.

The black and white, and rusty stadium, with these jerseys will look classy. People in Brooklyn will like wearing the gear, and it will stay looking nice for a long time. I just hope they don't disappoint early on. It's hard to get that taste out of your mouth, and you don't want that getting attached to your new look.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#42 » by jamesnamida » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:57 am

looks to me like the antagonist teams style in sports movies xD
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#43 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Really not a fan of the font. Lettering seems a little too small and not spread out enough. We'll see how it looks at the official unveiling.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 260

Post#44 » by diablerouge » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Luigi wrote:I like the rebranding.

The black and white, and rusty stadium, with these jerseys will look classy. People in Brooklyn will like wearing the gear, and it will stay looking nice for a long time. I just hope they don't disappoint early on. It's hard to get that taste out of your mouth, and you don't want that getting attached to your new look.

this. the nets were clearly thinking about merch with the logos and the uniforms. it may seem plain on a court but a black brooklyn deron williams t-shirt (who wears jerseys anymore?) will look good with jeans. they're already selling tons of snap backs.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#45 » by cpfsf » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:41 pm

PersianCeltic wrote:

I think it's time for you to take a break from this thread

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
rj2496
Starter
And1: 111

Post#46 » by rj2496 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Not really sure how I feel about these yet. I'm just glad they aren't those hideous ones that were leaked before. I think I'll like them a lot more when I see the whole uniform set up. No matter what, I'll be getting a D-Will jersey on the 28th.
Stills12
Lead Assistant
And1: 380

Post#47 » by Stills12 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

justinandimcool wrote:
lol @ OKC jerseys being garbage. their home uniform is one of the best in sports.

What's so good about their home jerseys? Plenty of teams have done White & Blue a lot better then them with their own unique take (Dallas, Magic, Denver, Memphis..). What Thunder have is a generic jersey design and an overused colour combination IMO.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#48 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:21 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Really not a fan of the font. Lettering seems a little too small and not spread out enough. We'll see how it looks at the official unveiling.

These look like child replica jerseys. You won't see those on the actual jerseys.
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#49 » by 83SixersRocked » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:58 pm

PersianCeltic wrote:Trying too hard. Too gimmicky. Building a new arena and updating your jerseys shouldn't be a focus. Maybe they should try building a quality team.

Well Mr Troll, when you move to a new place you have to have an arena. Uniforms would be nice too; street clothes would be gimmicky. If you're going to troll, at least be good at it.
Wet Js
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#50 » by Wet Js » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:36 pm

diablerouge wrote:
Luigi wrote:I like the rebranding.

this. the nets were clearly thinking about merch with the logos and the uniforms. it may seem plain on a court but a black brooklyn deron williams t-shirt (who wears jerseys anymore?) will look good with jeans. they're already selling tons of snap backs.

Yup, it's all about corporate branding, and marketing your name. I've seen people rocking BK Nets gear, and they're not even fans. I'm sure Jay-Z had a say in a lot of this, and I'm glad to see that it's working. Now they just need to prove it on the court...
iceman3699
Senior
And1: 69

Post#51 » by iceman3699 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Love it so far. Here is a quick PS I did for the home.

C-izMe
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#52 » by C-izMe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Wow. They are ugly. Spurs FTW.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#53 » by PetroNet » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:54 pm

PersianCeltic wrote:Trying too hard. Too gimmicky. Building a new arena and updating your jerseys shouldn't be a focus. .

Building a new arena should be a focus? they moved to a new city, where should they have played? the outdoor courts on atlantic ave?

New uniforms shouldnt be a focus? should they continue to wear "New jersey Nets" uniforms while now being the "brooklyn nets"?

Maybe they should try building a quality team

Right, cause its not like they just invested 200-300 million on two current all-stars, a former all-star, a 20ppg center, 2 excellent rebounders, the leading scorer in europe, among several others.

the nets will obviously stink because they should have invested that marketing and arena money into the roster. :roll:
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#54 » by PetroNet » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:58 pm

PersianCeltic wrote:Y
Not waste money on Joe Johnson and not trade for injury prone overrated Wallace.

so you'd prefer a lineup of:

Dwill/Brooks/Bogans/Hump/Lopez

to

Dwill/Johnson/Wallace/Hump/Lopez

really? you'd prefer team A, especially when both teams would be over the salary cap?
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#55 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:41 pm

yeah those are the child replicas...the actual jersey will obviously be better quality but thats probly the same format

JR : Next Gen
litex
Veteran
And1: 425

Post#56 » by litex » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:26 pm

i really like this. Everything about the Nets these days looks cool, except the outside of the arena which literally looks like garbage.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#57 » by LakerLegend » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Anything's better than another team in red and/or blue.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#58 » by Luigi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 pm

litex wrote:i really like this. Everything about the Nets these days looks cool, except the outside of the arena which literally looks like garbage.

:lol: I was worried about it, too. When I saw a demo with lighting, it looked a lot better.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
PersianCeltic
Rookie
Location: Read REALGM for many years before I started posting

Post#59 » by PersianCeltic » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Lakerfan17 wrote:Anything's better than another team in red and/or blue.

Haha I agree! Why teams don't use more original colors is baffling.
PersianCeltic
Rookie
Location: Read REALGM for many years before I started posting

Post#60 » by PersianCeltic » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Whoever thinks that the Thunder uniform looks better than this is fooling themselves. At least it looks serious. The Thunder wear baby blue and orange.

Return to The General Board