is it disloyal if miami trades wade?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, UGA Hayes, Yuri Vaultin, Mark K, Doctor MJ, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, tsherkin

kingofcomedy
Banned User
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 09, 2012

is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#1 » by kingofcomedy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 pm

He seems to be at a decline and with his age and next yrs new tax penalties, would miami be disloyal if they trade him?
User avatar
Ignitowsky
Head Coach
Posts: 7,337
And1: 930
Joined: Oct 16, 2005

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#2 » by Ignitowsky » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes
Why must it always be pandemonium?

Nelson Van Alden
Felixano
Banned User
Posts: 630
And1: 76
Joined: Jul 02, 2012
Contact:

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#3 » by Felixano » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Makes no sense to trade him. He's a free agent next year, just resign him for cheap and see who else you can get along with him.
User avatar
Scout Taron
Starter
Posts: 2,227
And1: 16
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
   

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#4 » by Scout Taron » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Yes? Wade has done a ton for their franchise, including convincing Lebron and Bosh to come to Miami. They wouldn't do that to him.
frothbrain
Rookie
Posts: 1,228
And1: 253
Joined: Dec 04, 2011

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#5 » by frothbrain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Felixano wrote:Makes no sense to trade him. He's a free agent next year, just resign him for cheap and see who else you can get along with him.


inaccurate post.
kakaman
Banned User
Posts: 3,593
And1: 664
Joined: Mar 01, 2012

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#6 » by kakaman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Scout Taron wrote:Yes? Wade has done a ton for their franchise, including convincing Lebron and Bosh to come to Miami. They wouldn't do that to him.


Hakeem ended up in Toronto, Patrick Ewing played in Orlando. There is no loyalty in the NBA, it's a business.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 978
And1: 33
Joined: Oct 12, 2011

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#7 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes


People really dont know what regular season means.... At the time of playoffs you will understand why he is untradeable.... Dont look at his stats because Lebron handles the ball
YFZblu
Analyst
Posts: 3,729
And1: 230
Joined: Apr 12, 2010

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#8 » by YFZblu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Felixano wrote:Makes no sense to trade him. He's a free agent next year, just resign him for cheap and see who else you can get along with him.


I can see this happening.
kingofcomedy
Banned User
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 09, 2012

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#9 » by kingofcomedy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Felixano wrote:Makes no sense to trade him. He's a free agent next year, just resign him for cheap and see who else you can get along with him.

Wade isn't going to take a mle deal to stay, a 3 yr 45 million would probably still b offered from some team, as a mavs fan I'd give mayo and Kaman for wade
kingofcomedy
Banned User
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 09, 2012

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#10 » by kingofcomedy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes


People really dont know what regular season means.... At the time of playoffs you will understand why he is untradeable.... Dont look at his stats because Lebron handles the ball

He looked old and slow in the finals
User avatar
Scout Taron
Starter
Posts: 2,227
And1: 16
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
   

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#11 » by Scout Taron » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm

kakaman wrote:
Scout Taron wrote:Yes? Wade has done a ton for their franchise, including convincing Lebron and Bosh to come to Miami. They wouldn't do that to him.


Hakeem ended up in Toronto, Patrick Ewing played in Orlando. There is no loyalty in the NBA, it's a business.


Trading a very very old player away from a rebuilding team is a little different than trading away an early-30s player from a championship team
nesta
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,749
And1: 64
Joined: Jun 20, 2005

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#12 » by nesta » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:42 pm

miami marlins anyone?
User avatar
PRESTIGE
Veteran
Posts: 2,633
And1: 515
Joined: Jan 17, 2011
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
 

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#13 » by PRESTIGE » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:43 pm

He's only 30 years old, I don't know why he looks so bad. I'm pretty sure he's got something left in the tank, somebody is definitely going to throw a lot of money at him when he hits free agency.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 978
And1: 33
Joined: Oct 12, 2011

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#14 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:43 pm

kingofcomedy wrote:
GeneralNbaFan wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:Disloyal, no. Stupid, yes


People really dont know what regular season means.... At the time of playoffs you will understand why he is untradeable.... Dont look at his stats because Lebron handles the ball

He looked old and slow in the finals


Lebron looked also bad in 2011 but what happened in 2012..... the point is : Wade is still IMHO a top 5 player and you dont trade them.... plain and simple
kingofcomedy
Banned User
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 09, 2012

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#15 » by kingofcomedy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:47 pm

LeBron looked bad in the finals because he was being guarded by excellentdefenders, he was still athletic and explosive his shot was just off which he's never been a great shooter, wade now lacks explosiveness and he'll be 31 hitting fa
User avatar
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
Posts: 7,109
And1: 475
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
       

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#16 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Heat won't, nor should they trade Wade.

However, calling him a top 5 player at this point in his career is rather laughable. There is arguably 2 better players on his team alone.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 978
And1: 33
Joined: Oct 12, 2011

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#17 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm

kingofcomedy wrote:LeBron looked bad in the finals because he was being guarded by excellentdefenders, he was still athletic and explosive his shot was just off which he's never been a great shooter, wade now lacks explosiveness and he'll be 31 hitting fa


No one can guard Lebron, even excellent defenders.... my point : Wade had a bad playoff series , but who cares?With bad I mean bad for his standarts (which means still top 10)!

If he plays bad again the you are right, but until then you have to wait, because its still regular season!

And its not ridiculous to call Wade a top 5 player... Because after Lebron and Howard, Wade Kobe Durant Dirk and I think Anthony also, are arguable.....
kingofcomedy
Banned User
Posts: 859
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 09, 2012

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#18 » by kingofcomedy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:03 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
kingofcomedy wrote:LeBron looked bad in the finals because he was being guarded by excellentdefenders, he was still athletic and explosive his shot was just off which he's never been a great shooter, wade now lacks explosiveness and he'll be 31 hitting fa


No one can guard Lebron, even excellent defenders.... my point : Wade had a bad playoff series , but who cares?With bad I mean bad for his standarts (which means still top 10)!

If he plays bad again the you are right, but until then you have to wait, because its still regular season!

And its not ridiculous to call Wade a top 5 player... Because after Lebron and Howard, Wade Kobe Durant Dirk and I think Anthony also, are arguable.....

If he plays bad again at 31 his trade value plummets
User avatar
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
Posts: 7,109
And1: 475
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
       

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#19 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:07 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:
kingofcomedy wrote:LeBron looked bad in the finals because he was being guarded by excellentdefenders, he was still athletic and explosive his shot was just off which he's never been a great shooter, wade now lacks explosiveness and he'll be 31 hitting fa


No one can guard Lebron, even excellent defenders.... my point : Wade had a bad playoff series , but who cares?With bad I mean bad for his standarts (which means still top 10)!

If he plays bad again the you are right, but until then you have to wait, because its still regular season!

And its not ridiculous to call Wade a top 5 player... Because after Lebron and Howard, Wade Kobe Durant Dirk and I think Anthony also, are arguable.....


Quit being a homer man.

Lebron
Bosh
Kobe
Howard
Rondo
Durant
Duncan

Are all clearly better than Wade. This doesn't counter injured players like Rose and Love who are both better than Wade at this point in their careers also.

Wade has been vastly over-hyped, which I don't understand because Bosh has been vastly underhyped.
User avatar
Johnny Firpo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,984
And1: 1,124
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
 

Re: is it disloyal if miami trades wade? 

Post#20 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Yes, Wade is a special player for them. Of course in professional sports, nobody is untouchable forever, but i can't imagine the fanbase accepting a decision like that.

Return to The General Board