How I view the East

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bluerain
Junior
And1: 19

Re: How I view the East 

Post#41 » by bluerain » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 am

TheBigBoss wrote:
bluerain wrote::lol: All that going on is bogus. Knicks are playing great ball now, IMO they are peaking too early. They are playing with so much intensity the same as the bulls when they had the top seed. That's why Nets and Knicks games been so close because both team are playing with sorta playoff intensity. This Knicks team can't play no better than this which IMO is they peak play.

LOL, WHAT? The Knicks for the most part have been coasting through alot of these games for 3 quarters just to turn it on in the 4th. And considering that we are still waiting on major pieces like Amare, Camby, and Shump to come back the team is far from peaking. Plus we have more guys with championship/playoff experience than the Bulls did.

You don't coast while breaking team records. You don't coast having new pieces that never played together before. Y'all have great chemistry, so no you are not coasting. Defense in fourth quarter excuse is weak, kidd was getting torch,and Dre was beating, until Avery bad rotations, he help your defense.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#42 » by Kampuchea » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:49 am

KingzAndQueenz wrote:Miami at the top with King James at the throne kind of like MCP from Tron.

Nets and Knicks are forced to battle each other mindlessly to the death knowing they have no hope of ever reaching the top.

lots of great info OP. Good read
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,941

Post#43 » by Woodsanity » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:52 am

GYBE wrote:It's going to be so funny to read RealGM after the Celtics beat the Knicks in the playoffs.

Cute.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#44 » by HEAT33 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 am

moocow007 wrote:
HEAT33 wrote:Obviously the Heat were not playing to there full potential against the Knicks.

Come playoff time, if the Knicks make it to the ECF, they will be exposed badly just like last year.

Ok...so the excuse for the 1st 20 point loss was Hurricane Sandy (even though the Knicks players who actually live in the affected area should have been more worn from it than the Heat players who don't live anywhere near the affected areas).

But what was the excuse for the 2nd 20 point loss was what? Bosh had his period?

Well the 1st game, Wade did not want to play and it looked like they didnt even try. I think they let the Knicks win to boost the morale of the home town people going through a rough period.

The second game, the Heat just didnt have it that day.

The playoffs is and will be a different story, the Heat will be focused and I cant see the series going past 5 games. The Knicks are just on a roll at the moment, we will see how they continue into the season.
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#45 » by truth serum » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:09 am

Pimpwerx wrote:Knicks fans are setting themselves up for some epic backlash when they inevitably stumble. The playoffs are a different beast. The positives are they play good defense and are good in the halfcourt. The worries are they are really getting helped a ton by abnormally high 3ball efficiency, and they are old as ****.

On the defense, Brooklyn carved them up inside tonight. That's not something Amare is going to fix. Also, the Nets-Knicks game had playoff intensity, and Brooklyn still almost took it while missing Bropez. They haven't quite proven they're among the elite in the league. However, they've certainly improved a lot from last year, and they're winning games in the regular season. Let's see if they have a playoff gear, because we know Miami and OKC do. PEACE.

You just said a whole bunch of nothing.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#46 » by StojkoVrankovic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 am

Woodsanity wrote:
GYBE wrote:It's going to be so funny to read RealGM after the Celtics beat the Knicks in the playoffs.

Cute.

The Celtics are a horrible match up for the Knicks and have been for years.
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 810

Post#47 » by NY2k1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:13 am

HEAT33 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
HEAT33 wrote:Obviously the Heat were not playing to there full potential against the Knicks.

Come playoff time, if the Knicks make it to the ECF, they will be exposed badly just like last year.

Ok...so the excuse for the 1st 20 point loss was Hurricane Sandy (even though the Knicks players who actually live in the affected area should have been more worn from it than the Heat players who don't live anywhere near the affected areas).

But what was the excuse for the 2nd 20 point loss was what? Bosh had his period?

Well the 1st game, Wade did not want to play and it looked like they didnt even try. I think they let the Knicks win to boost the morale of the home town people going through a rough period.

The second game, the Heat just didnt have it that day.

The playoffs is and will be a different story, the Heat will be focused and I cant see the series going past 5 games. The Knicks are just on a roll at the moment, we will see how they continue into the season.

Knicks-Heat ECF is going at least 6 games this year, maybe 7.

And lol at the Heat let us win the 1st meeting. The excuse for the 2nd game was that they didn't have it?
NY2k1
Starter

Post#48 » by NY2k1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 am

StojkoVrankovic wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:

Cute.

The Celtics are a horrible match up for the Knicks and have been for years.

Really? Last couple of years have shown that the Knicks always have competitive games against the Celtics for the most part.
L3GEND4RY
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,188

Post#49 » by L3GEND4RY » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:19 am

Looks like some obnoxious fans are going to get humbled come post-season. Not to say there isn't a fair share of objective ones as well. But lol @ thinking just because you beat Miami 2x in the regular season you all of a sudden have their number or something. The Celtics blew them out last year too firing on all cylinders. Didn't work out too well if I recall. The post-season is nothing like the regular season.

Signature by freshcontrast
NY2k1
Starter

Post#50 » by NY2k1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:25 am

supremacy wrote:Looks like some obnoxious fans are going to get humbled come post-season. Not to say there isn't a fair share of objective ones as well. But lol @ thinking just because you beat Miami 2x in the regular season you all of a sudden have their number or something. The Celtics blew them out last year too firing on all cylinders. Didn't work out too well if I recall. The post-season is nothing like the regular season.

Pretty sure most of us know that.

Bulls swept the Heat in the regular season a couple years back, it didn't mean anything in the postseason.
HEAT33
Veteran

Post#51 » by HEAT33 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:42 am

I have a feeling the Heat might even sweep the Knicks if they meet. I mean they are just horrible in the playoffs and seem to choke all the time. They have won how many games in the playoff in the last 10 years?
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#52 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:42 am

2 regular season wins against the heat and they are going to the finals baby!!! :lol:
Donald Trump is an idiot.
HEAT33
Veteran

Post#53 » by HEAT33 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 am

And when Stat returns, his defense will put them over the hump

Illhavethelary
Senior
And1: 93

Post#54 » by Illhavethelary » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 am

Don't know why Knicks fans think Amare is going to help them. He's goes against everything thats making them good right now, spacing and good defense, neither of which he provides. I do think Shumpert will be another valuable addition though.
Knickz4life88
Senior
And1: 0

Post#55 » by Knickz4life88 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:57 am

yea comparing this knick team to the past knick teams that got spanked in the playoffs is smart..i mean its not like we added a whole bunch of players and smart veterans at that who are proven winners...you heat fans are (Please Use More Appropriate Word),,btw wade didnt give up ****..hes starting to go on the downside of his career..FACT
NY2k1
Starter

Post#56 » by NY2k1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:58 am

HEAT33 wrote:I have a feeling the Heat might even sweep the Knicks if they meet. I mean they are just horrible in the playoffs and seem to choke all the time. They have won how many games in the playoff in the last 10 years?

I hope the Heat team thinks of this Knick team as the one in the past 10 years.. :lol:

Sadly, the Heat are smarter than that : (
NY2k1
Starter

Post#57 » by NY2k1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 am

Illhavethelary wrote:Don't know why Knicks fans think Amare is going to help them. He's goes against everything thats making them good right now, spacing and good defense, neither of which he provides. I do think Shumpert will be another valuable addition though.

Amare will become the team's 2nd option.

Worse comes to worse, he'll come off the bench. But a healthy Amare makes this team even more deeper.
Illhavethelary
Senior
And1: 93

Post#58 » by Illhavethelary » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:12 am

NY2k1 wrote:
Illhavethelary wrote:Don't know why Knicks fans think Amare is going to help them. He's goes against everything thats making them good right now, spacing and good defense, neither of which he provides. I do think Shumpert will be another valuable addition though.

Worse comes to worse, he'll come off the bench. But a healthy Amare makes this team even more deeper.

He may become the 2nd option but does it really make the team better offensively? Right now NY is top 2 in offensive efficency. When Amare comes back Melo will have to go back to the 3 where he doesn't play nearly as well. It also messes up spacing. Not to mention the defense probably gets worse. If I were the Knicks I would bring Amare off the bench and let him get most of his minutes at the 5 when Chandler is out. He produced a lot better at the 5 then he did at the 4 last year. I wouldn't mess with NY's starting lineup.
702Celtics
Rookie
And1: 20

Post#59 » by 702Celtics » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:21 am

Man, isn't that the truth. The 3 ball offense won't work in the playoffs. Plus, NY is too old, who knows if Kidd, Wallace, Thomas, Felton, etc. will even be healthy.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#60 » by Kampuchea » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:23 am

Illhavethelary wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:

He may become the 2nd option but does it really make the team better offensively? Right now NY is top 2 in offensive efficency. When Amare comes back Melo will have to go back to the 3 where he doesn't play nearly as well. It also messes up spacing. Not to mention the defense probably gets worse. If I were the Knicks I would bring Amare off the bench and let him get most of his minutes at the 5 when Chandler is out. He produced a lot better at the 5 then he did at the 4 last year. I wouldn't mess with NY's starting lineup.

The PnR with Amare > Chandler. Tyson is great at getting alley oops off of it but Amare can either score at the rim or shoot a jumper so it is more effective. The Nets focused in on limiting those Chandler Oops effectively but if they played that way against Amare he would be left for an open jumper.

Return to The General Board