yardbarker

LeBron says Durant is his inspiration

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, Flash3, tsherkin, magnumt, UGA Hayes, Basti, KingCuban, Yuri Vaultin, NO-KG-AI

Post#1 LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:12 am by 28reloaded

I know there is someone, somewhere, trying to take my spot,” James said in the upcoming issue of Sports Illustrated in which the magazine celebrates him as its Sportsman of the Year. “And I know where he is, too. He's in Oklahoma.

He's my inspiration because I see the direction he's headed, and it's the same direction I'm headed. I know his mind-set, and he knows mine. It's a collision course.

“What's important to LeBron is what happens when he is facing KD again, or whoever it is in the Finals,” Heat president Pat Riley told SI. “He needs that player to look back at him and think, ‘This son of a b**** is too big, too strong, and his will is too great.”
28reloaded
Rookie
And1: 10

Post#2 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 am by EvilSperm

Finally Westbrook getting some recognition
EvilSperm
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#3 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:32 am by JunkYardSubs

EvilSperm wrote:Finally Westbrook getting some recognition

:lol:
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 123

Post#4 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:39 am by sportjames23

Well played.
sportjames23
Bench Warmer
And1: 20

Post#5 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:59 am by TheAlchemist

sportjames23 wrote:

Well played.

" I'm gunning for the top Lebron, step aside"
TheAlchemist

Analyst
And1: 766

Post#6 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:16 am by Brooklyn718

28reloaded wrote:
I know there is someone, somewhere, trying to take my spot,” James said in the upcoming issue of Sports Illustrated in which the magazine celebrates him as its Sportsman of the Year. “And I know where he is, too. He's in Oklahoma.

He's my inspiration because I see the direction he's headed, and it's the same direction I'm headed. I know his mind-set, and he knows mine. It's a collision course.

“What's important to LeBron is what happens when he is facing KD again, or whoever it is in the Finals,” Heat president Pat Riley told SI. “He needs that player to look back at him and think, ‘This son of a b**** is too big, too strong, and his will is too great.

A little premature to be talking finals when there's a guy in your own conference who has that same "mind-set" that you have to deal with first named Carmelo Anthony :D
Brooklyn718
Analyst
And1: 80

Post#7 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:49 am by OffTheWall2

Brooklyn718 wrote:
28reloaded wrote:A little premature to be talking finals when there's a guy in your own conference who has that same "mind-set" that you have to deal with first named Carmelo Anthony :D

A little premature to be talking anything until the Knicks get out of the first round?
OffTheWall2
Junior
And1: 27

Post#8 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:53 am by starquest52

sportjames23 wrote:

Well played.

+1 :lol:

starquest52
Junior
And1: 0

Post#9 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:28 am by GrandTheftRondo

I'm sure LeBron is Durant's inspiration.
GrandTheftRondo
Analyst
And1: 56

Post#10 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:35 am by cb4_89

Kevin Durant is a ****... ****...****...****...****...continuous source of inspiration for Lebron.

Damn filter. I am not even going to try.
cb4_89

RealGM
And1: 80

Post#11 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 am by EscapoTHB

If these guys aren't meeting in the next 5 finals something went wrong

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 401

Post#12 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:01 am by dwade3

Brooklyn718 wrote:
28reloaded wrote:

“What's important to LeBron is what happens when he is facing KD again, or whoever it is in the Finals,” Heat president Pat Riley told SI. “He needs that player to look back at him and think, ‘This son of a b**** is too big, too strong, and his will is too great.

A little premature to be talking finals when there's a guy in your own conference who has that same "mind-set" that you have to deal with first named Carmelo Anthony :D

Well, the quote by riley was before this hot start by the knicks and melo. Nobody thought before the season that the knicks will have this hot start.
dwade3
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#13 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 pm by KING CB4

Brooklyn718 wrote:
28reloaded wrote:

Melo needs to get passed the 1st round with the Knicks before we even talk about them playing Miami. The guy has only been past the 1st round once in his first 9 seasons. Durant has already been to the WCF and Finals.
KING CB4
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#14 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:16 pm by Michael Lucky

I have to say i'm a bit stunned that Westbrook can average 8.7APG and still have more FGAs than KD.
Michael Lucky
Analyst
And1: 340

Post#15 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 pm by MrBigShot

Michael Lucky wrote:I have to say i'm a bit stunned that Westbrook can average 8.7APG and still have more FGAs than KD.

Just goes to show everyone how ridiculously efficient Kevin Durant is...dude is averaging 27ppg on 17 shots. Unreal.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
MrBigShot
Lead Assistant
And1: 840

Post#16 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 pm by waltthewiz

Pretty sure LeBron doesn't know what inspiration means or how to use the word.
waltthewiz
Junior
And1: 7

Post#17 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:53 pm by Michael Lucky

motivation might have been a better word. Inspiration makes him look incredibly beta here.
Michael Lucky
Analyst
And1: 340

Post#18 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:55 pm by Elj4y

Michael Lucky wrote:motivation might have been a better word. Inspiration makes him look incredibly beta here.

:lol:

Maybe in the context of "Durant's inspiring me to become better". But then again, motivating would still be more accurate.
You either retire a champion, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Raptor.
Elj4y
Pro Prospect
And1: 11

Post#19 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 pm by freshtrinity46

freshtrinity46
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Post#20 Re: LeBron says Durant is his inspiration
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 pm by MrBigShot

lol. LeBron is not a journalist. I'm sure he doesn't carefully craft his diction and carefully decide what words he's going to use in his next interview. Some people missing the point.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
MrBigShot
Lead Assistant
And1: 840

Next

Return to The General Board