Race to the MVP pt. III

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

TheExpert91
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Re: Race to the MVP pt. III 

Post#1401 » by TheExpert91 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Like coach Spo said, Lebron makes greatness look easy. MVP of the 1st half, and it aint close.
Anyways, I'm predicting Lebron's decline in this brief piece, check it out http://tinyurl.com/8z6jgzx
TheKiteDesigner
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#1402 » by TheKiteDesigner » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:35 pm

As soon as Mr Nice Guy Durant picke up that T on a play where no one fouled him the whistles started to blow insanely in the Thunders favor. Even then, if you only look at the box score it doesn't speak at all at how much LeBron was dominating KD all game. The only thing defensively OKC did this game game not to put KD on LeBron at all cause history shows LeBron always puts him in fouls trouble early.
actrived
Senior
And1: 9

Post#1403 » by actrived » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:03 pm

TheKiteDesigner wrote:As soon as Mr Nice Guy Durant picke up that T on a play where no one fouled him the whistles started to blow insanely in the Thunders favor. Even then, if you only look at the box score it doesn't speak at all at how much LeBron was dominating KD all game. The only thing defensively OKC did this game game not to put KD on LeBron at all cause history shows LeBron always puts him in fouls trouble early.

KD played defense on LeBron. Obviously not all of the time, but he still did match up against him.

Pertaining to the MVP:
I can't stand LBJ (and the Heat in general) but it's preposterous to deny how unbelievable he has been on the court this season. I want KD to win MVP, badly, but I can't seem to find a leg for him to stand on.

James deserves the award and should win it. I just hope he doesn't...
"Being good is good, that'll get you Drew Gooden. But me I want Jordan numbers, [DRose] footin'. Can't guard me, Vince Lombardi, John Wooden."
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,104

Post#1404 » by therealbig3 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 pm

BTW, for all the people that made fun...THIS is what people meant when they said LeBron was coasting. You think he just woke up and all of a sudden had the ability to just start playing a ridiculous stretch of basketball, or do you think he was conserving energy and was saving his best for the home stretch?
RubiosBeard
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,951

Post#1405 » by RubiosBeard » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:34 pm

DavidStern wrote:"Kevin Durant shot only 4-for-10 with two free throws and four turnovers with James guarding him. Durant was 8-for-14 against other Heat defenders."

Figured this was the case. Lebron James = MVP
TheKiteDesigner
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#1406 » by TheKiteDesigner » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:45 pm

actrived wrote:
TheKiteDesigner wrote:As soon as Mr Nice Guy Durant picke up that T on a play where no one fouled him the whistles started to blow insanely in the Thunders favor. Even then, if you only look at the box score it doesn't speak at all at how much LeBron was dominating KD all game. The only thing defensively OKC did this game game not to put KD on LeBron at all cause history shows LeBron always puts him in fouls trouble early.

KD played defense on LeBron. Obviously not all of the time, but he still did match up against him.

Pertaining to the MVP:
I can't stand LBJ (and the Heat in general) but it's preposterous to deny how unbelievable he has been on the court this season. I want KD to win MVP, badly, but I can't seem to find a leg for him to stand on.

James deserves the award and should win it. I just hope he doesn't...

He rarely played on LeBron. Where as prior games he started out on LeBron and would wind up in foul trouble. There's no way you can tell me that OKC changed their defensive assignments in LeBron and Durant on James was a rare occasion.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,497

Post#1407 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Durant is getting more calls them prime MJ, never seen anything like it. truly disgusting.

Congrats LeBron, another MVP earned.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
ThePersianFreak
Suspended
And1: 1,072

Post#1408 » by ThePersianFreak » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:31 pm

as i said before , lebron will own kd for probably nex 3-4 years , as much as it hurts , it's the reality.
Nobymoby
Starter
And1: 532

Post#1409 » by Nobymoby » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:Durant is getting more calls them prime MJ, never seen anything like it. truly disgusting.

That last qtr was a riot. My brother and I couldn't stop laughing as it was unfolding.
Fear the refs! :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ThePersianFreak
Suspended
And1: 1,072

Post#1410 » by ThePersianFreak » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:31 am

osamu
Starter
And1: 249

Post#1411 » by osamu » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:48 am

Nobymoby wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Durant is getting more calls them prime MJ, never seen anything like it. truly disgusting.

That last qtr was a riot. My brother and I couldn't stop laughing as it was unfolding.
Fear the refs! :lol:

Durrant's a great player but the officiating tarnishes his image. Me don't like
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#1412 » by UDRIH14 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:54 am

has durant even improve his game this season?
WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Post#1413 » by WinisKing » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:14 am

UDRIH14 wrote:has durant even improve his game this season?

The dude is only shooting 50/40/90 from the field and doubled his assist total....
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,556

Post#1414 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:19 am

Do you have some alternate theory? I mean, the team lost Harden and yet has gotten drastically better whenever Durant's on the floor compared to last year. I understand being skeptical that Durant's changed that much because of him still being the same mold of player he was before, but there's been a rather crazy result based around Durant this year. If you don't think Durant is a major cause of it, what on earth would it be?
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
osamu
Starter
And1: 249

Post#1415 » by osamu » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 am

People don't realize how young Durrant is. He's going to control the league in a few years. But for now Lebron has it all there mentally and physically.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#1416 » by PCProductions » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:44 am

I am a bona fide Lebron fan, but KD's vast improvement from last season is really becoming severely underrated and it's sickening. He's 24 and is a country mile above the 3rd best player in the league.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#1417 » by NaturalThunder » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:30 am

PCProductions wrote:I am a bona fide Lebron fan, but KD's vast improvement from last season is really becoming severely underrated and it's sickening. He's 24 and is a country mile above the 3rd best player in the league.

Pretty much this. I'm an OKC and Durant fan, and so it kinda of irks me, but I somewhat understand why it's happening. I have no problem in saying LeBron is clearly the MVP and is the best player in the NBA right now but a pretty good margin. It does seem like Durant has gone from being maybe getting too much attention to barely getting talked about at all. It feels like the "Race to the MVP" threads have done a complete 180. For the first few months of the season everyone was talking about Durant and why he was the MVP while acknowledging the excellent numbers LeBron was putting up but, due his team's record and some so-so stretches where they were losing 2 or 3 out of 5 games, he wasn't getting the amount of recognition he probably deserved. However, all of that is pretty understandable.

But it's not like Durant has completely fallen off or anything. He's still averaging 29-7.5-4.5-2-1 on 52/43/91 shooting with a .657 TS% and .572 eFG%. And he's still averaging 31-7-5-2-1 on 52/44/91 shooting over his last 20 games. But due to OKC's 13-7 record during that stretch I think people either don't realize it or just assume he's playing worse.

I guess it just goes to show you how amazing LeBron has been this year and especially lately. Durant is still having a ridiculous season, and there's still a somewhat decent sized gap between he and LeBron.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1418 » by kingkirk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:36 am

Are you joking or trolling?
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1419 » by kingkirk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:40 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
PCProductions wrote:I am a bona fide Lebron fan, but KD's vast improvement from last season is really becoming severely underrated and it's sickening. He's 24 and is a country mile above the 3rd best player in the league.

Pretty much this. I'm an OKC and Durant fan, and so it kinda of irks me, but I somewhat understand why it's happening. I have no problem in saying LeBron is clearly the MVP and is the best player in the NBA right now but a pretty good margin. It does seem like Durant has gone from being maybe getting too much attention to barely getting talked about at all. It feels like the "Race to the MVP" threads have done a complete 180. For the first few months of the season everyone was talking about Durant and why he was the MVP while acknowledging the excellent numbers LeBron was putting up but, due his team's record and some so-so stretches where they were losing 2 or 3 out of 5 games, he wasn't getting the amount of recognition he probably deserved. However, all of that is pretty understandable.

But it's not like Durant has completely fallen off or anything. He's still averaging 29-7.5-4.5-2-1 on 52/43/91 shooting with a .657 TS% and .572 eFG%. And he's still averaging 31-7-5-2-1 on 52/44/91 shooting over his last 20 games. But due to OKC's 13-7 record during that stretch I think people either don't realize it or just assume he's playing worse.

I guess it just goes to show you how amazing LeBron has been this year and especially lately. Durant is still having a ridiculous season, and there's still a somewhat decent sized gap between he and LeBron.

It's a combination of OKC losing games they shouldn't, Miami surging and Lebron activating god mode.

Durant has still been unbelievable himself, but the attention has rightly moved to Lebron.

Credit to you though for being objective about it.
Ninjek
Rookie
And1: 159

Post#1420 » by Ninjek » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:58 am

:lol:

he's established himself as clearly the second best player in the league at the age of 24 by about a mile.

that should tell you what you're asking

Return to The General Board