Race to the MVP pt. III

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Re: Race to the MVP pt. III 

Post#1421 » by branny » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:15 am

UDRIH14 wrote:has durant even improve his game this season?

:lol:
KDgoat
Senior
And1: 19

Post#1422 » by KDgoat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 am

osamu wrote:
Nobymoby wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Durant is getting more calls them prime MJ, never seen anything like it. truly disgusting.

Congrats LeBron, another MVP earned.

That last qtr was a riot. My brother and I couldn't stop laughing as it was unfolding.
Fear the refs! :lol:

Durrant's a great player but the officiating tarnishes his image. Me don't like

Not really. KD can't help it, he'd be an idiot not to use it though.
dreamchaser
Banned User
And1: 166

Post#1423 » by dreamchaser » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:22 pm

the mvp race is far from over but lebron james definitely deserves to be in first place. the recent streak he went on having 6 games of 30pts & shooting 60% is legendary... durant still has a chance to come back if lebron goes on a cold streak in the second half of the season but i don't see that happening. also with everybody healthy on the clipppers can chris paul lead his team to another winning month? the second season is going to be interesting as far as who wins mvp...
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,493

Post#1424 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:04 pm

osamu wrote:People don't realize how young Durrant is. He's going to control the league in a few years. But for now Lebron has it all there mentally and physically.

Excellent point. It's shocking to think that Durant is still only 24 and that he's been a superstar since 21. NBA players typically don't peak until their late 20s and it's not because they magically develop some knew best skill but because they just get better at the nuances of the game.

It's interesting too because LeBron went through a similar thing. Once LeBron became a superstar in 2005 he plateaued for a while and people became comfortable with LeBron's level of play even as they knew he was young and by '08 many seemed to think LeBron wouldn't get better. Obviously he did.

LeBron remains the gold standard for talent in the post-Shaq era and rightfully so, but Durant's clearly emerging as an all-timer now too.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#1425 » by Tien » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Durant is a top 20 talent for sure.

But LeBron is a top 3 talent.

That's the gap between them.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#1426 » by Hero » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:59 pm

I agree with the above poster. Offensively KD is really good but his defense is nowhere near where it needs to be.

With the top 2 places pretty much cemented in place with LBJ and KD, I wonder if they will vote Parker in as 3rd. He deserves some credit especially if the Spurs can finish with the best record.
LeChosen1
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#1427 » by LeChosen1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Tony Parker gets underrated so Bad
ThePersianFreak
Suspended
And1: 1,072

Post#1428 » by ThePersianFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:31 am

TP is super efficient , smart
He's the best point guard in the league after CP3 and having a phenomenal year.
but the thing is , KD's been ridiculous this year , and LeBro has been in GOD-Mode.
LeChosen1
Banned User

Post#1429 » by LeChosen1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:43 am

tredigs wrote:
LeChosen1 wrote:Tony Parker gets underrated so Bad

Is this you making a case for him as MVP? I've seen better efforts.

I don't think anyone underrates TP. He's having his career year, and I've seen many people label him a top 5 player this season + #3 for MVP. Anything higher than that is ridiculous as there's a good case he's not the best player on his own team.

Wtf, :lol: people love to jump on somebody these days, I wasnt making a case for TP, just making an observation.
KUYJ
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1430 » by KUYJ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 am

I mean seriously, it seems like every time KD goes for a runner or a floater, just brushing against his jersey will be called as a foul :evil:Image
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#1431 » by branny » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 am

LeChosen1 wrote:Tony Parker gets underrated so Bad

True but I think he's starting to get more recognition now.. hopefully
LeChosen1
Banned User

Post#1432 » by LeChosen1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:53 am

@Tredigs He is being underrated by the media as Lebron barring any slip is the runaway MVP and Tony Parker doesnt get any mentions, since it is the media who votes and not Realgmrs
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1433 » by kingkirk » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 am

LeChosen1 wrote:@Tredigs He is being underrated by the media as Lebron barring any slip is the runaway MVP and Tony Parker doesnt get any mentions, since it is the media who votes and not Realgmrs

Parker, like his ball club are floating under the radar, despite being their incredible self.

He is likely having a career year, but i think Lebron, Durant and CP3 are all ahead of Parker at this point.

The NBA is in good hands with Lebron and Durant.

Lebron will go down as a top 15 player, at least, you would think, assuming he continues to grow and collect the team and individual accolades.

However, we're privileged to be watching KD as well. I mean, this kid could go down as the game's best scorer.

At 24, he has 3-4 seasons before he hits his prime. Its incredible.

Both Lebron and Durant, if both remain healthy, will likely be top 5 total point scorers when their career is all said and done.
anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Post#1434 » by anish23 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:44 pm

KingCuban wrote:
LeChosen1 wrote:@Tredigs He is being underrated by the media as Lebron barring any slip is the runaway MVP and Tony Parker doesnt get any mentions, since it is the media who votes and not Realgmrs

Parker, like his ball club are floating under the radar, despite being their incredible self.

He is likely having a career year, but i think Lebron, Durant and CP3 are all ahead of Parker at this point.

Lebron will go down as a top 15 player, at least, you would think, assuming he continues to grow and collect the team and individual accolades.

However, we're privileged to be watching KD as well. I mean, this kid could go down as the game's best scorer.

Both Lebron and Durant, if both remain healthy, will likely be top 5 total point scorers when their career is all said and done.

top 15 player?...

comeon now... if Bron continues to GROW as u say.. he might be the 2nd GOAT or even the GOAT.
Utah Jazz for Championship :)
arifgokcen
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#1435 » by arifgokcen » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 pm

KingCuban wrote:

Dude top 15.Come on.He is already top 15.Actually many put him at #11.Probably after this season he will be top 10 ahead of hakeem.
Sony17
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#1436 » by Sony17 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Barring injury bron will go down as top 5. Kd will also go down as top 15 outside shot at top 10.
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#1437 » by FlashFlare » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Sony17 wrote:Kd will also go down as top 15 outside shot at top 10.

Way too early to tell if KD will be top 15. Only 6 years in. It'd be like saying T-Mac back in the day would end up top 15 when he was an absolute monster but look at what happened to him. Way too early to tell.
100% WADEaboo
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#1438 » by NYK_89 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:56 pm

I will put it this way, from the looks of it KD will go down in the history books right about where Lebron is with half his career ahead of him, no point in really comparing. KD if he keeps it up will probably go around 12-16 Lebron basically already is #11 on your all time lists
bbms
Analyst
And1: 536

Post#1439 » by bbms » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:35 pm

DatD-Wade3 wrote:
Sony17 wrote:Kd will also go down as top 15 outside shot at top 10.

Way too early to tell if KD will be top 15. Only 6 years in. It'd be like saying T-Mac back in the day would end up top 15 when he was an absolute monster but look at what happened to him. Way too early to tell.

Durant has better accolades that T-Mac had back then. Going to 4th straight Scoring Title and All-NBA First Team, if he don't get the MVP award, he'll be 2nd in MVP voting for the 3rd time, and fourth straight top5 in MVP voting. Played twice the WCF, a trip to the Finals. Right now leading a team to a record that will surely be top3 in the NBA after losing a player that ended up being a top10 talent in the league...

T-Mac never had that kind of resume. However, the only argument Durant has to be in Top20 right now is that his current play is better than some Top20 All-Time players peak.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1440 » by kingkirk » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:00 pm

anish23 wrote:
top 15 player?...

comeon now... if Bron continues to GROW as u say.. he might be the 2nd GOAT or even the GOAT.

He will likely go down a lot higher than that, no question. I have no doubts about that, but the guy still has a lot of ball to play, and i don't want to put a jinx on him by saying he will be 'this' or 'that'.

I said top 15, because that's likely where he is right now, at worst, if his career was to be done at seasons end.

Just being conservative with it because its unfair to say he has had a better career through 9 years than some guys that have played 15+.

When he is in his 30s and closer to retirement, i agree, he will be in the top 10.

arifgokcen wrote:
Dude top 15.Come on.He is already top 15.Actually many put him at #11.Probably after this season he will be top 10 ahead of hakeem.

I certainly don't have him above Hakeem at this point, but for me, he is my favourite center of all time so i say that with some bias.

Return to The General Board