Do you Think your team will ever win a title?

Moderators: Morten Jensen, tsherkin, Blame Rasho, Yuri Vaultin, NO-KG-AI, magnumt, Flash3

The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 831
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
   

Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#1 » by The Infamous1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 am

If your a fan of a team who has either

A. Never won the nba title at all

Or

B. never won in your life time

How confident are you that they'll eventually win a title? Maybe not this year but eventually? Be honest on why or why not
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
User avatar
sunskerr
Suspended
Posts: 4,469
And1: 620
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
 

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#2 » by sunskerr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:03 pm

It looks pretty bleak for the them right now, I must admit. But I'm sure the Suns will win in my lifetime! There's always a shot.
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 72,311
And1: 18,145
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: ITT
 

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#3 » by Dupp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:11 pm

The 2011 mavs give us all hope
hermes wrote:
another vote for honda fit
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 831
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
   

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#4 » by The Infamous1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Dutuctive Depp wrote:The 2011 mavs give us all hope


You have a point. Most Mavs fans didn't really believe they were going to win a title before that. Especially considering the 2006 finals and the early playoff exits from 07-10
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
User avatar
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,679
And1: 129
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#5 » by TwentyOne920 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Can't be in this thread, my team is gunning for number 5...
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong


bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
Beard
Banned User
Posts: 1,728
And1: 26
Joined: Dec 29, 2011

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#6 » by Beard » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm

As a Sixers fan, I've waited a long time since the last championship in 1983. The 2001 run was the most fun I've ever had watching basketball. Even more fun than winning in 83 to be honest with you, despite coming up short.
allweneedisLOVE
Banned User
Posts: 2,742
And1: 26
Joined: Dec 06, 2009

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#7 » by allweneedisLOVE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Timberwolves. No.
User avatar
StartingBench
Pro Prospect
Posts: 907
And1: 59
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#8 » by StartingBench » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:37 pm

As a Raptors fan, it looks pretty doubtful. Toronto in general has been bottom feeding in every major sport for the last 20 years. I'd be happy if any Toronto team made it to the semi's in the next 10 years.
User avatar
toddlincoln
Junior
Posts: 309
And1: 42
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
Location: Chicago, Il
     

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#9 » by toddlincoln » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:48 pm

Bobcats fan here. Nope. Unless we somehow luck out and draft the next Tim Duncan, I'd say our chances are close to 0%
User avatar
TylerTheDebater
Veteran
Posts: 2,502
And1: 57
Joined: Oct 15, 2011
Location: Toronto

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#10 » by TylerTheDebater » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:51 pm

No, but I'm going to follow baseball again so I can watch the Jays win one again this year.
Image
Andre3822
Rookie
Posts: 1,096
And1: 219
Joined: Dec 14, 2010
   

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#11 » by Andre3822 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Luckily I had the chance to see Boston win in 08.

I think the teams with the bleakest future out there are Milwaukee and Phoenix, I just don't even see a direction there. At least perennial treadmill teams such as Houston are actively TRYING and making moves.
User avatar
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,679
And1: 129
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#12 » by TwentyOne920 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Andre3822 wrote:Luckily I had the chance to see Boston win in 08.

I think the teams with the bleakest future out there are Milwaukee and Phoenix, I just don't even see a direction there. At least perennial treadmill teams such as Houston are actively TRYING and making moves.


And they did just land a superstar in Harden
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong


bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
User avatar
Miasma
Pro Prospect
Posts: 833
And1: 766
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Blackwater Park
     

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#13 » by Miasma » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm

TwentyOne920 wrote:Can't be in this thread, my team is gunning for number 5...


Yet somehow, you still are.
User avatar
Higga
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,897
And1: 546
Joined: Jan 29, 2007
Location: Tyson's Corner, VA

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#14 » by Higga » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Wizards. I actually think there is a chance. Washington is a big market and players would come here if we could build a half decent team. As of now though, with our current FO, there is no chance.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
branny
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 27
Joined: Jun 01, 2012

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#15 » by branny » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Won in 11 so that was nice. Not expecting one for a while unless a miracle off-season happens. NBA needs the talent spread around more..
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,339
And1: 831
Joined: Mar 14, 2012
   

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#16 » by The Infamous1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 pm

TwentyOne920 wrote:
Andre3822 wrote:Luckily I had the chance to see Boston win in 08.

I think the teams with the bleakest future out there are Milwaukee and Phoenix, I just don't even see a direction there. At least perennial treadmill teams such as Houston are actively TRYING and making moves.


And they did just land a superstar in Harden


Yeah. Harden is looking like a superstar. Houston's future looked bleak before that but now they have a potential top 5 player locked up for most of his prime. I'm not saying they're ever going to win a title with him but its a start
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
eagereyez
Rookie
Posts: 1,118
And1: 962
Joined: May 05, 2012
     

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#17 » by eagereyez » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Sonics fan here. I'd say yes, considering we drafted Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook OH WAIT **** ME NEVERMIND
User avatar
spearsy23
General Manager
Posts: 7,830
And1: 1,073
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#18 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:10 pm

OKC fan here and we drafted Durant and Westbrook so I'd say we have a good shot, but there's never an actual guarantee. Honestly, I don't expect it to happen because I'm always pessimistic about our chances...
bertrob wrote:You can't drive past Fisher when his shorts are pulled up
impossible, not even Michael Jordan can do it
eagereyez
Rookie
Posts: 1,118
And1: 962
Joined: May 05, 2012
     

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#19 » by eagereyez » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:12 pm

spearsy23 wrote:OKC fan here and we drafted Durant and Westbrook so I'd say we have a good shot, but there's never an actual guarantee. Honestly, I don't expect it to happen because I'm always pessimistic about our chances...

Image
User avatar
spearsy23
General Manager
Posts: 7,830
And1: 1,073
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Do you Think your team will ever win a title? 

Post#20 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm

eagereyez wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:OKC fan here and we drafted Durant and Westbrook so I'd say we have a good shot, but there's never an actual guarantee. Honestly, I don't expect it to happen because I'm always pessimistic about our chances...

Image

Poor poor sonics fan. Seattle is a city, not a franchise :wink:
bertrob wrote:You can't drive past Fisher when his shorts are pulled up
impossible, not even Michael Jordan can do it

Return to The General Board