Seattle group gets Kings

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Re: Seattle group gets Kings 

Post#81 » by DusterBuster » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:04 am

yearsago wrote:
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Stern already blocked the NO deal and made them sell it to a local owner for less $$$, can't see why he wouldn't do it here too. Also the same thing happened in Minnesota. Again, we'll see.

They vetoed the min to Nola deal because of bad financials of the Nola group, not even close to the same situation

Agreed. Not to mention it's the worst kept secret in the league that Stern badly wants to get a team back in Seattle because of how much the Seattle/OKC debacle hurt his legacy. Not that this is much better, but considering that the Maloofs have been a stain on the blanket of the NBA for a long time, he's going to be happy to get them out of the league asap. If he can get a team back in Seattle in the same move, that works for him.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,505

Post#82 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 am

So committing a crime to cover up another one is okay, eh?
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#83 » by TwentyOne920 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:13 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:So committing a crime to cover up another one is okay, eh?

#CrookedBusinessmanLogic
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#84 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:30 am

DusterBuster wrote:
yearsago wrote:
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Stern already blocked the NO deal and made them sell it to a local owner for less $$$, can't see why he wouldn't do it here too. Also the same thing happened in Minnesota. Again, we'll see.

They vetoed the min to Nola deal because of bad financials of the Nola group, not even close to the same situation

Agreed. Not to mention it's the worst kept secret in the league that Stern badly wants to get a team back in Seattle because of how much the Seattle/OKC debacle hurt his legacy. Not that this is much better, but considering that the Maloofs have been a stain on the blanket of the NBA for a long time, he's going to be happy to get them out of the league asap. If he can get a team back in Seattle in the same move, that works for him.

If he thinks anything other than this being the biggest potential blunder in pro sports history if KJ has both barrels loaded like we all think he does, then Stern needs to check his head. This coming out of a lockout based around market size and such would be a completely devastating blow to anything they hoped to accomplish in the public eye. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is still ROBBERY. The situations in Seattle and Sac are not the same and they stopped being the same when the city of Sacramento stepped up to the plate last time this team was halfway out the door.

Word now is that this fight isn't over by a long shot and if it's as "done" a deal as some reports say, the NBA is going to have a hard time coming clean after this one.
ClayDavis
Head Coach
And1: 104

Post#85 » by ClayDavis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:33 am

ADoaN17
Lead Assistant
And1: 312

Post#86 » by ADoaN17 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:35 am

**** the Maloofs man. Kevin Johnson still has a shot and Sacramento isn't giving up.
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant
And1: 312

Post#87 » by ADoaN17 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 am

This gives KJ a price to match now at least.
Quinarvy
Bench Warmer
And1: 134

Post#88 » by Quinarvy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:39 am

I really hope the Sac group can convince the NBA to expand.

New Kings work their way into getting Wiggins or Parker, build through expansion draft and that draft pick. That would be justice.
D-ROSE. BIGGER. STRONGER. FASTER THAN YOU CHRIS PAUL.

- Stacey King
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#89 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:43 am

Quinarvy wrote:I really hope the Sac group can convince the NBA to expand.

New Kings work their way into getting Wiggins or Parker, build through expansion draft and that draft pick. That would be justice.

I'm pretty sure the expansion slot would go to Seattle because this now revolves around the idea that the NBA will force the Maloofs to sell to a local group. I've heard blurbs that Seattle getting an expansion team might be a part of KJ's presentation to the BOG.
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#90 » by Greg Stink » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:59 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

I'm pretty sure the expansion slot would go to Seattle because this now revolves around the idea that the NBA will force the Maloofs to sell to a local group. I've heard blurbs that Seattle getting an expansion team might be a part of KJ's presentation to the BOG.

Expansion? No freaking way. It would be a shame if Sacramento lost the Kings but further watering down the talent pool is not the response in any event. Jump on the Golden State bandwagon if they go?
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#91 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

You didn't hear that anywhere. Its over. Stern cannot force the Maloofs to sell to a local ownership group. That's has anti-trust written all over it. Hansen will out bid and outbid until he gets the Kings. The Maloofs are terrible businessmen, but its common sense at this point.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#92 » by LakerLegend » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 am

Expand to Vancouver and Sacramento, move OKC and New Orleans to the East.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#93 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 am

Lakerfan17 wrote:Expand to Vancouver and Sacramento, move OKC and New Orleans to the East.

The NBA does not need more lotto teams.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#94 » by MagicTownBaller » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:19 am

This is great news for Seattle fans but horrible news for Sacramento fans. Honestly, I hope Kevin Johnson gets the money together to buy the Kings and that Seattle gets an expansion team with the history of the Sonics.

One thing I don't want to see happen us, the NEW Sonics get the Sonic history and the Kings history dies. That wouldn't be cool.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
yaaar
Rookie
And1: 117

Post#95 » by yaaar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:21 am

Time to start putting together a one-sided documentary about this whole thing. Then fans can cry about it till they get a team back and pretend they feel bad about another city losing a team. When it comes down to it, no city deserves a team. "Kingsgate" has a nice ring to it.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. It sucks, but that's how it goes some times. You get stuck with a crappy owner and something has to be done about it. As a Laker fan I'm living through the horror of a transition from amazing owner to idiot son. As a Clipper fan I've lived through ages of crappy teams and a horrible owner being rewarded with a bonanza while still being horrible.
branny
Assistant Coach
And1: 28

Post#96 » by branny » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 am

Greg Stink wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Expansion? No freaking way. It would be a shame if Sacramento lost the Kings but further watering down the talent pool is not the response in any event. Jump on the Golden State bandwagon if they go?
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#97 » by blind prophet » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 am

yaaar wrote:Time to start putting together a one-sided documentary about this whole thing. Then fans can cry about it till they get a team back and pretend they feel bad about another city losing a team. When it comes down to it, no city deserves a team. "Kingsgate" has a nice ring to it.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. It sucks, but that's how it goes some times. You get stuck with a crappy owner and something has to be done about it. As a Laker fan I'm living through the horror of a transition from amazing owner to idiot son. As a Clipper fan I've lived through ages of crappy teams and a horrible owner being rewarded with a bonanza while still being horrible.

hopefully the lakers remain lottery bound for years, and the clips take over socal...

then the lakers can move to alaska
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#98 » by BubbaTee » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:33 am

GREY 1769 wrote:
bertrob wrote:
boogie-reke wrote:LeBron James ‏@KingJames

So the Kings getting sold for 525M!! And the owners ain't making no money huh? What the hell we have a lookout for. Get the hell out of here

Good to see him saying what needs to be said.

Yes, LeBron understands it so well :roll:

In this case he does, actually. The Maloofs purchased the Kings in 1998 for $156M. 15 years later they're getting $340M for it, that's a $184M profit - over a 100% return on investment.

Forbes valued the franchise at $300M in January of 2012. Today the franchise is worth $525M.

What Lebron understands is that even if teams take a loss on their operational income for a year or two, the value of NBA franchises are still appreciating during that time. And pretty much the only way to offset that built-in appreciation is a NO-type situation, where a natural disaster basically destroys the market through massive depopulation.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#99 » by DreDay » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:36 am

Seattle fans must be pissed about losing Durant and Westbrook.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#100 » by fart » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:41 am

Trolling and baiting Kings fans
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D

Return to The General Board