The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#301 » by Jon1798 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks boogie. Any clue why it wasn't working for me?
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#302 » by boogie-reke » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 pm

I think the URL you gave was too long or not good (probably you saved it in ur favorites then copied?)

Not a computer wiz though so I don't actually know, but that's my guess.
hangntuff
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#303 » by hangntuff » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:24 am

Yeah, I said those two things in the same breath. Can you point out the contradictions? You're acting like i'm calling him a scumbag, or demanding a suspension when when In fact I admitted that I actually sorta admired him for it.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by basically calling you stupid (aren't you the observant one lol), but please drop the paragon of message board civility routine after you came out calling me deluded.

Nah, it was poorly couched.

You obviously care about this way more than me, but I'll just say that it isn't some sort of reach to think that Shved knew what he was doing. It's a pretty classic, and obvious cheap shot.

You cared enough to post it originally and to provide evidence in support of your assertion.

The whole point is that it's suppose to look like, and it generally does, a completely natural basketball ball accident. When you come out to contest a guy taking a jumpshot, You generally just know where the guy is going to land. It's not as clear as Artest's elbow on Harden, but I guess I have the complete opposite immediate reaction when I see that sort of play.[/quote]

I didn't want your opinion on this to go unchallenged. Especially when the video you provided actually provided the opposite of what you are claiming.

Anyway, I have refuted your claim and any others that may have cared to view your video and draw a conclusion have probably done so also. Leaving nothing more to discuss. You made a claim and it was disputed. I am glad Irvings attempt to draw a foul didn't result in any serious injury. (See how easy it is to turn nothing into something)?
Ziggy Stardust
Banned User
And1: 96

Post#304 » by Ziggy Stardust » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 am

hangntuff wrote:Yeah, I said those two things in the same breath. Can you point out the contradictions? You're acting like i'm calling him a scumbag, or demanding a suspension when when In fact I admitted that I actually sorta admired him for it.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by basically calling you stupid (aren't you the observant one lol), but please drop the paragon of message board civility routine after you came out calling me deluded.

Nah, it was poorly couched.

You obviously care about this way more than me, but I'll just say that it isn't some sort of reach to think that Shved knew what he was doing. It's a pretty classic, and obvious cheap shot.

You cared enough to post it originally and to provide evidence in support of your assertion.

The whole point is that it's suppose to look like, and it generally does, a completely natural basketball ball accident. When you come out to contest a guy taking a jumpshot, You generally just know where the guy is going to land. It's not as clear as Artest's elbow on Harden, but I guess I have the complete opposite immediate reaction when I see that sort of play.

I didn't want your opinion on this to go unchallenged. Especially when the video you provided actually provided the opposite of what you are claiming.

Anyway, I have refuted your claim and any others that may have cared to view your video and draw a conclusion have probably done so also. Leaving nothing more to discuss. You made a claim and it was disputed. I am glad Irvings attempt to draw a foul didn't result in any serious injury. (See how easy it is to turn nothing into something)?
[/quote]

hahaha

Yeah I cared enough to post about it on a message board, and I must care about more that I actually thought considering I'm still replying to you. You and two other "disputed" me. One I ignored and another who admitted that what he did is a pretty old trick by dirty players (aka Bowen) but he'd have to know more about Shved's history to really consider him dirty, and that act in general as being on purpose. I disagree with that opinion, but it's at least reasonable unlike you just completely losing it.

You act like i'm out to get Shved. I could really not care less about him, I was just watching that game, saw that play, and posted my opinion of it because the guys a rookie and this is the rookie thread. If theirs one thing you really haven't done is dispute my claim. The thing is that you seem to avoid most of my actual thoughts on the play, and history of such tactics. All you've done is thrown **** at the wall, gone in circles trying to twist my words and motivations around, and have generally done everything in your power to get into a useless pissing contest.

"Nah, it was poorly couched"

I'm not one to get bent out of shape after seeing a typo or two, but I must have read this like 10 times and I still can't understand what you're trying to say.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#305 » by mandurugo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:49 am

Ziggy Stardust wrote:hahaha

Yeah I cared enough to post about it on a message board, and I must care about more that I actually thought considering I'm still replying to you. You and two other "disputed" me. One I ignored and another who admitted that what he did is a pretty old trick by dirty players (aka Bowen) but he'd have to know more about Shved's history to really consider him dirty, and that act in general as being on purpose. I disagree with that opinion, but it's at least reasonable unlike you just completely losing it.

Ah, I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I in no way think that Shved's play was dirty and he has no known history of dirty play. I will say it more clearly - in order to call a player dirty, you should be able to give some examples. To do it with the evidence you've provided makes you look foolish.
Ziggy Stardust
Banned User
And1: 96

Post#306 » by Ziggy Stardust » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 am

Maybe I did, or maybe you misunderstand me or weren't clear enough originally? I never said that you said that He was a dirty player or that the play was necessarily dirty, just that at the very least you recognized that it's not a new tactic that used by Dirty players (aka Bowen).

I actually just read over your last post Mandur, and it's literally how I characterized your opinion except for when I just simply said that you agreed that it has precident as being a purposely dirty move. So I'm wondering where we really have a problem?

No one here looks foolish except for people freaking out that I said it's a dirty play. I'm not going to look for dirty plays because I don't know where to start, I've never seen this guy play before, and from what I've heard he's not a hothead.

If you've never in your life played basketball, and have never even really followed the NBA for a consider amount of time then I could understand you being offended that somebody viewed what Sheved did as being on purpose. I said your opinion was respectable because simply recognized it as being a cheap shot tactic throughout NBA history but you needed more examples before you viewed him specifically as a dirty player, or that even was being something done on purpose.
Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Post#307 » by Mikez1919 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:40 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QfbV_5VT_k[/youtube]
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#308 » by Brapman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:49 pm

High scoring players interested in winning championships are going to start prioritizing coming to Detroit to play with Drummond, Monroe and Calderon - three players who are very willing to pass the rock and who aren't monopolizing the shots on a Pistons team that is screaming out for a lead scorer.

No chance in he!! that Drummond would have gotten past the 2nd pick if there were a re-draft. My goodness, he's even becoming a great interview. He's a fantastic talent and a great kid, and is going to become one of the faces of the league. No doubt about it.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#309 » by Left Side Drive » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Brapman wrote:High scoring players interested in winning championships are going to start prioritizing coming to Detroit to play with Drummond, Monroe and Calderon - three players who are very willing to pass the rock and who aren't monopolizing the shots on a Pistons team that is screaming out for a lead scorer.

No chance in he!! that Drummond would have gotten past the 2nd pick if there were a re-draft. My goodness, he's even becoming a great interview. He's a fantastic talent and a great kid, and is going to become one of the faces of the league. No doubt about it.

Is Drummond going to be part of the "superstars" club soon? He was sitting beside LeBron for All-Star Saturday events. That's pretty big.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Mikez1919
Senior
And1: 55

Post#310 » by Mikez1919 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Drummond got lots of praise during allstar weekend
"He already brings a lot with just his athleticism, his strength," Bulls All-Star center Joakim Noah said. "He's a presence down there.

"I think the sky's the limit for him if he keeps his head on straight and he keeps working. ... He's definitely the future of that organization."

"He's only 18, 19 years old?" Grizzlies All-Star and former MSU standout Zach Randolph said. "I mean, he has a crazy upside.

"They say the kid has a good work ethic, he works hard, and he's a good kid. You just got to encourage him. Tell him to keep working and keep getting better."

Cavs power forward Tristan Thompson: “He has raw ability that can’t be measured. The potential and amount of growth that can be in his game is kind of scary. He has the body of a 10-year veteran; he’s as athletic as a 19-year-old. … Now it’s just going and putting the work in. He has the right mind-set, and he will be one of the premier centers in this league.”

Knicks center Tyson Chandler: “I think he’s a very solid young player. You see a lot of players coming in with the raw talent to be really good players; it’s just all about the work ethic and how hard they’re willing to work in the summertime when nobody’s watching.”

As for his play on the floor, it drew the attention of the All-Stars he hopes to join in a couple of years. Heat forward-center Chris Bosh's eyes widened when he was asked of his impressions of the Pistons rookie.

"He's big, God," Bosh said. "I've never seen someone that big so young. He's huge."

David Lee, a forward for Golden State and two-time All-Star, loved how Drummond adjusted to the game so quickly, after an uneven year at Connecticut.

"He's physical, he's good when he crashes the boards," Lee said. "He's got a long wingspan, is a good rebounder and can finish inside. He can really block shots."

First-time All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge of the Portland Trail Blazers echoed Lee's feelings, when asked if he was surprised by Drummond's freakish athleticism.

"Yes, and his quickness, it's something that's allowed him to use his length," Aldridge said.
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#311 » by Brapman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 pm

From a Pistons fan perspective, I certainly hope that's true (Drummond joining the superstars club), and certainly it's a bit too early to say that for sure. But the national hype on this kid is starting to catch up to what we Pistons fans have been saying about him from the first month of the season - and growing in giddiness since then.

Look, you guys from all the other cities know the drill. Just about every player on your roster is eviscerated on the fan forums. But, I can honestly say, Drummond is different. Every Pistons fan, including the nastiest posters - the guys who are the most critical about everything Joe Dumars does and, hell, everything the guy eats, loves Drummond. We all see it. Add to the fact that everybody personally likes Andre - all the players, the coaches rave about his coachability and character, and he interviews so damn articulately - and you've got a super talented, incredibly athletic, hard working guy who looks like one of those very rare players who can own this league.

It doesn't hurt that the current best player on the team, is a rising all-star PF who himself is an outstanding and willing passer, and that the team just added a pure PG. Seriously, with all this going for this franchise, and with all the publicity Drummond is getting, why wouldn't star players in the league begin including him in their club?
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#312 » by Left Side Drive » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Mikez1919 wrote:
As for his play on the floor, it drew the attention of the All-Stars he hopes to join in a couple of years. Heat forward-center Chris Bosh's eyes widened when he was asked of his impressions of the Pistons rookie.

"He's big, God," Bosh said. "I've never seen someone that big so young. He's huge."

I want to defend Bosh but cmon that could easily be taken out of context lol :lol:
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#313 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Left Side Drive wrote:
Mikez1919 wrote:

I want to defend Bosh but cmon that could easily be taken out of context lol :lol:

:rofl: Was just about to post this. Really Bosh? Better word choice man
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#314 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 am

Just rename this the Drummond thread.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#315 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Just rename this the Drummond thread.

You seem to have a need for attention. You can talk about MKG all you want on here. No one is stopping you. The fact is the most exciting rookies are Davis, Lillard, Beal, and Drummond right now.
Ridian
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#316 » by Ridian » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:11 am

I like how the Lillard ppl got next to no friction.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#317 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Just rename this the Drummond thread.

You seem to have a need for attention. You can talk about MKG all you want on here. No one is stopping you. The fact is the most exciting rookies are Davis, Lillard, Beal, and Drummond right now.

Lol. I don't have a need for attention. Id talk about MKG if he would do anything half decent. No need getting all weird because I said they should rename it the Drummond thread. Not a knock on him at all.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#318 » by Han Solo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 am

Liver_Pooty has been one of the biggest Drummond-haters on this forum. I wouldn't get too upset with anything he says about Dre.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#319 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 am

Han Solo wrote:Liver_Pooty has been one of the biggest Drummond-haters on this forum. I wouldn't get too upset with anything he says about Dre.

Nah. I think hes a great athlete with the potential to be a great player. Not sure what else you would like me to say.
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#320 » by TheBigThree » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:39 am

Beal with a good 25 point, 4 rebound, 1 assist performance in an otherwise unwatchable game for the Wizards.

Return to The General Board