The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#421 » by Optms » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:22 am

Anthony Davis has been kind of quiet lately. I would like to see him pick it up in the second half because I'm going start checking out a few more Hornets games soon. Super high on him.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#422 » by GhostsOfGil » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:39 am

I just want to point out that I never said Beal was going to win ROTY. I just said he's closing the gap. And Shem, judging Beal off his rookie stats is misleading. He really struggled early on while Nene and Wall were out. His stats are not indicative of how well he's played.
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#423 » by orangeparka » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm

I actually like watching the Lillard highlights. Would love to watch some Beal/AD/Waiters once if people posted them more. Keep posting the vids dude.

On-topic, I'm REALLY liking Bradley Beal, and agree that he's "closing the gap". I feel a Steph Curry-like second half resurgence when Tyreke won it isn't out of the question.

I might even say if Beal played the entire season like how he's been with Wall and the other Wizards healthy, he'd be a coin toss with Lillard for ROY. He's really been that good.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#424 » by GhostsOfGil » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:37 pm

TheBigThree wrote: By the way, Patrick Beverly looked really nice today against my Wizards. It's just too bad he's a bit older but looks like he'd be a solid backup PG. Certainly better than Toney Douglas.

Ya I was impressed by Beverly. Any Rockets fans know why he's only played 17 games so far this year?
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#425 » by Left Side Drive » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm going to be on the lookout for Thomas Robinson now that he is a member of the offensive-minded Houston Rockets. His PPG and RRG should improve drastically. Hopefully Lin and Harden look to him for points in the paint.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#426 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:46 pm

orangeparka wrote:I actually like watching the Lillard highlights. Would love to watch some Beal/AD/Waiters once if people posted them more. Keep posting the vids dude.

On-topic, I'm REALLY liking Bradley Beal, and agree that he's "closing the gap". I feel a Steph Curry-like second half resurgence when Tyreke won it isn't out of the question.

I might even say if Beal played the entire season like how he's been with Wall and the other Wizards healthy, he'd be a coin toss with Lillard for ROY. He's really been that good.

Good to see a Heat fan appreciate Beal's game. Since January 2013 Beal might be the best rookie in the NBA. His poise at such a young age is very impressive. I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out as the best player from the class 5 years from now (Anthony Davis will probably be right up there too). Regardless Lillard has the award locked up and deservedly so but Beal should finish in 2nd place.
menten
Sixth Man
And1: 1,013

Post#427 » by menten » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
orangeparka wrote:I actually like watching the Lillard highlights. Would love to watch some Beal/AD/Waiters once if people posted them more. Keep posting the vids dude.

Good to see a Heat fan appreciate Beal's game. Since January 2013 Beal might be the best rookie in the NBA. His poise at such a young age is very impressive. I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out as the best player from the class 5 years from now (Anthony Davis will probably be right up there too). Regardless Lillard has the award locked up and deservedly so but Beal should finish in 2nd place.

you obviously havent seen drummond play
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#428 » by King d » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVpWiXSK8jk[/youtube]

Future top 5 SG
sir G Wallace
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#429 » by sir G Wallace » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:26 pm

nuposse04 wrote:
Shem wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:There is always a chance, and bringing up a stat like that doesn't bolster any sort of argument as far as I'm concerned. You just need to stop getting butt hurt at the notion that other rookies playing at level that is arguably analogous to Lillard (who I actually like btw). Lillard will most likely win because of aforementioned remote probabilities, but to be so dismissive with regards to other rookies just makes you look pathetic. Try growing up?

I'm just pointed out how bad Lillard would have to play to lose the award at this point of the season because Beal is averaging 13.7 PPG and 2.5 APG and how Lillard would have to almost not do anything for 27 games to be around the same numbers Beal is at now. But you're more than welcome to continue to have your emotions cloud your judgment.

If he tanked that bad I'd have a way less opinion of him then now, so cute stats like that don't mean anything. Carry on with the butt hurt.

Your post is so moronic I cant even understand why you think you made a good argument. You are talking down about Lillard's character based on something he hasnt even done and most likely would never do.

Lillard's stats are cute but they also have substance. He runs a talented NBA team very well as a rookie and has always found ways to bounce back well after bad games. He is the ROY this year without doubt.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#430 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Wow, some ridiculousness going on today.

Shem has a right to post whenever and however much he wants. You don't like it, figure out how to block his posts. Telling someone they shouldn't post, or trying to control the content of what someone posts, is or should be against forum policy. I am not a moderator, but perhaps we need clarification on what is appropriate.

It is perfectly acceptable for people to post opinions about who should win ROY, and no one should attack another poster because of their opinion. Disagree with it, sure that is fine, but do so respectfully and objectively. It is also perfectly acceptable for posters to post high-light videos of rookies in the rookie impressions thread; if you think there need to be more videos of Waiters or Beal, by all means please do. I see Lillard in most of his games so I don't need to watch the highlight videos, but I do love seeing what other rookies are doing. However, you cannot tell someone they are posting too many videos, if you don't like it, either skip the post or put the poster on your ignore list. It is easier than making a fuss about it.
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#431 » by TheBigThree » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 pm

King d wrote:Future top 5 SG

In order to do that he's going to have to improve his game off the dribble, but given his ridiculous improvement in his play since the new year I think anything is possible.

Just went to check and in January and February Beal is shooting 49% from 3 on 4.2 attempts per game. Insane.
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
And1: 93

Post#432 » by Cro_Ruption » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 pm

who cares about rookie of the year award

let's see who the best player in the draft is in 3-4years.
SharoneWright wrote:I would not trade Bargs for Roy.

Monster or no.

i said it. And I live in a flame retardent suit.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#433 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:37 pm

sir G Wallace wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
Shem wrote:I'm just pointed out how bad Lillard would have to play to lose the award at this point of the season because Beal is averaging 13.7 PPG and 2.5 APG and how Lillard would have to almost not do anything for 27 games to be around the same numbers Beal is at now. But you're more than welcome to continue to have your emotions cloud your judgment.

If he tanked that bad I'd have a way less opinion of him then now, so cute stats like that don't mean anything. Carry on with the butt hurt.

Your post is so moronic I cant even understand why you think you made a good argument. You are talking down about Lillard's character based on something he hasnt even done and most likely would never do.

Lillard's stats are cute but they also have substance. He runs a talented NBA team very well as a rookie and has always found ways to bounce back well after bad games. He is the ROY this year without doubt.

Where did I say I believe that such a scenario regarding Lillard would occur? Your homer friend brought up the silly stat, and you're getting mad that there is some bad logic in such scenario (although we know he isn't going to tank that bad at all, or at all).

Your reading comprehension is moronic as well, I already said that Lillard will more than likely get the ROY a few pages back, but anyone who thinks Beal hasn't been playing at Lillard's level for the last month and a half is a fool. Lillard is ROY, but only cause Beal has to dig himself out of the futility that is the Wizards' FO. I didn't say Lillard's stats don't have substance either, your asserting things that aren't true regarding my opinion of Lillard. He is going to win it, cause its a season long award, but if its a "what have you done for me lately" type deal, Beal is absolutely in the discussion.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#434 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Cro_Ruption wrote:who cares about rookie of the year award

let's see who the best player in the draft is in 3-4years.

That'll prolly be Drummond or Davis, their potential is stupid good.
menten
Sixth Man

Post#435 » by menten » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:40 pm

i can see lillard having a okafor/steve francis type career. pretty good as a rookie but a dissappointment from there on out
sir G Wallace
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#436 » by sir G Wallace » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 pm

menten wrote:i can see lillard having a okafor/steve francis type career. pretty good as a rookie but a dissappointment from there on out

Based on what do you say that? Just a feeling you get? Or something actually objective?
menten
Sixth Man

Post#437 » by menten » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 pm

sir G Wallace wrote:
menten wrote:i can see lillard having a okafor/steve francis type career. pretty good as a rookie but a dissappointment from there on out

Based on what do you say that? Just a feeling you get? Or something actually objective?

just a feeling
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#438 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 pm

I think you can assume some levels of improvement across the board from Lillard, mostly on efficiency and defense. It isn't like he's a 25 year old rookie, if his prime ends up being 23-8-4 on above average efficiency I don't think he'd be a disappointment for a 6th overall pick.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#439 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 pm

menten wrote:
sir G Wallace wrote:

just a feeling

I could see it. Not so much that Lillard doesn't continue to improve, but that he doesn't extend the hype of winning ROY. I mean, a guy wins ROY, you have some expectations that he would work himself to top 5 at his position, and there is a big question whether Lillard can do that. I don't see him becoming the below average player that menten suggests, but because of the type of role he plays (scoring point guard), he might plateau early in his career. On the other hand, he might kind of be like Tony Parker - always a little underrated.

I like Lillard, I am a Blazer homer, but I have said before that there is a very real chance other players from his class surpass him. I am glad to see Beal doing well because he was a player I really liked from this class; like Lillard I thought he was one of the more NBA ready players.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#440 » by dolphinatik » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:09 pm

with Lillard I think it comes down to what Potland will do to surround him with talent. I mean if Okafor was on say the Lakers im sure his career would have been diffent. The team you are on and playstyle does make a difference. Lillard imo will be fine since Portland has been making good moves in the past few years. Batum Aldridge are nice pieces and if that Center they drafted could get stronger it will only help Lillard look better.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington

Return to The General Board