Gerrard crying after a win - Why dont we see that in NBA?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Zappa012
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,001

Re: Gerrard crying after a win - Why dont we see that in NBA 

Post#101 » by Zappa012 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:09 pm

my respect towards Steven Gerrard is second only to my captain Javier Zanetti.

None of his success was easy, he has tried hard 'til the end.

He's just like a Lebron James assuming he stayed in Cleveland and would have won it all.

He could cry the Mississippi imho. Still the best.
Do you know TurboZone?
RaptorsLife wrote:we can trade for lebron but casey will still find a way too make us lose
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,375

Post#102 » by Scalabrine » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:20 am

Subway Token wrote:In the NBA and all professional American sports, there is no repurcussion of losing. Nothing bad happens when you lose. You don't get relegated. Nothing. Things just reset next season and you go on to try to win again, or to tank and try to get a good pick so you can win eventually.

These guys fought for something.

good point but your talking about Liverpool here... they arent gonna be relegated.

Different people have different emotions, not everyone in soccer cries. I think eventually, when the Dleague gets stronger a relegation system could be great, not now but I could see it in the future...
Go Knicks!
thewhat
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#103 » by thewhat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:35 am

I would not trust my captain crying. Plus its EPL. The best football is played in Germany and Spain. Them dudes don't cry.
I heard mofos saying they made Kobe/ Made Kobe say, "Ok so, make another Kobe"
Massamba
Starter
And1: 1,141

Post#104 » by Massamba » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:57 am

Crying isn't a felling, it's a behavior. You can feel the same passion and don't cry , because it's not your "culture" to act like that.
Kmartshopper
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#105 » by Kmartshopper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 am

this is an awful thread. Seriously, wtf guys.
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#106 » by symbiotic » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:08 am

EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#107 » by EscapoTHB » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:42 am

NBA players cry when they actual win the NBA championship. Because that's the game that matters.

It's a different set up in europe where it's more about the regular season or champions league. Also no NBA team has a hillsborough thing in their past history. Or a Munich thing. Thank god.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#108 » by EscapoTHB » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 am

thewhat wrote:I would not trust my captain crying. Plus its EPL. The best football is played in Germany and Spain. Them dudes don't cry.

Google messi crying. It's like forty billion pictures of the different times dude's been crying. Soccer players cry out on the field a lot in all of the leagues, after a big loss. It's not a big deal over there like it is here.
MillerTheKiller
Senior
And1: 269

Post#109 » by MillerTheKiller » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 am

Nuntius wrote:
giberish wrote:The game also was also a 25th anniversary of a disaster where a bunch of fans died at Liverpool. Including a close friend (or cousin?) of Gerrard.

Fortunately there isn't a similar situation in the NBA.

That matters as well although it isn't the exact anniversary since the game was played in March 13th and the Hillsborough disaster happened in March 15th. It was the closest thing that they had to a 25th anniversary, though.

April
MillerTheKiller
Senior
And1: 269

Post#110 » by MillerTheKiller » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:17 am

thewhat wrote:I would not trust my captain crying. Plus its EPL. The best football is played in Germany and Spain. Them dudes don't cry.

Nah the EPL is 10x better than the Liga BBVA and 30x better than the Bundesliga.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,585

Post#111 » by Nuntius » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:23 am

MillerTheKiller wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
giberish wrote:The game also was also a 25th anniversary of a disaster where a bunch of fans died at Liverpool. Including a close friend (or cousin?) of Gerrard.

Fortunately there isn't a similar situation in the NBA.

That matters as well although it isn't the exact anniversary since the game was played in March 13th and the Hillsborough disaster happened in March 15th. It was the closest thing that they had to a 25th anniversary, though.

April

You know, for some reason I was under the impression that March was the 4th month when I wrote that post. I don't believe that I screwed up so much :lol:
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#112 » by Canada_7 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:37 am

Rosque wrote:Stop being delusional :D I like Arsenal the most in the Premiership but I gotta admit that it'd be nice if L'Pool breaks their curse.

Agreed. But as a fellow Arsenal fan, boy has this season been hard to watch after Ramsey went down. He was an absolute monster before going down with injury.

poeman wrote:Gerrard has played with Liverpool almost 20 years and he is about to win the league for the first time as a captain...He has every other accolade...Basically this is like Ray Borque winning a stanley cup with the Colorado Avalanche and the impact it had. Now just imagine those Avs were his original Boston Bruins team

Albeit Gerrard did manage to win the Champions League back in 2005 while Borque didn't get a chance really at anything until winning it with the Avs (followed hockey a lot back then...boy was I happy for him). Crazy that Liverpool came back to win it in a penalty shootout during that 2005 final against AC Milan after being down 3-0 at the half. Legendary performance.
90sAllDecade
Starter
And1: 793

Post#113 » by 90sAllDecade » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:06 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGAMSVaEAU[/youtube]

Had to do it guys :(

On serious note, it's okay to show passion or cry, you wouldn't be human otherwise. :)
NBA TV Clutch City Documentary Trailer:
https://vimeo.com/134215151
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#114 » by Rosque » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:57 am

Canada_7 wrote:
Rosque wrote:Stop being delusional :D I like Arsenal the most in the Premiership but I gotta admit that it'd be nice if L'Pool breaks their curse.

Agreed. But as a fellow Arsenal fan, boy has this season been hard to watch after Ramsey went down. He was an absolute monster before going down with injury.

Ramsey going down with injury and Lord being our main striker really sealed the deal for us. Damnit. Stevie G deserves the title.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
kameba
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#115 » by kameba » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:25 pm

MillerTheKiller wrote:Nah the EPL is 10x better than the Liga BBVA and 30x better than the Bundesliga.

Nope, in terms of top 3-4 teams' quality it's BBVA>Bundesliga>EPL and in terms of general quality of the games it's EPL>Bundesliga>>>>>>>BBVA.

While I agree with "the best football is played in Germany" part, writing/talking/thinking that players cry more in England than Spain is just :lol:
pootpoot
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#116 » by pootpoot » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:39 pm

kameba wrote:
MillerTheKiller wrote:Nah the EPL is 10x better than the Liga BBVA and 30x better than the Bundesliga.

Nope, in terms of top 3-4 teams' quality it's BBVA>Bundesliga>EPL and in terms of general quality of the games it's EPL>Bundesliga>>>>>>>BBVA.

While I agree with "the best football is played in Germany" part, writing/talking/thinking that players cry more in England than Spain is just :lol:

Huh? The top clubs in the EPL are right there with the (2) big spanish clubs (watch atletico get demolished by chelsea, and they **** on barca not just in the CL LOL), who else is big in Germany besides Bayern? Dortmund?? Hahah...

They are all top tier leagues, if you think the EPL is below those 2 leagues though you're just being a dope
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,323

Post#117 » by og15 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Stringcheese wrote:
Impacien wrote:
Stringcheese wrote:
I'm not an "american kid", I was born in Europe. The cultures are different, Europeans are far more liberal sexually and emotionally than Americans are. For the record, I love America and wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world - just making an observation.

Everything else you said is your opinion. And just because you used the phrase 'cult of virility', doesn't make it right. http://www.gadling.com/2011/04/24/top-20-least-sexist-countries-in-the-world/

Lastly, chill out dude. It's not worth the ulcer

I'm in Europe. In fact, as any mod could tell by checking my ip, right now I'm about half a hour away from Spain. I'm in Spain very regularly. You're flat out lying, this isn't a matter of opinion. No, not pretty much every beach in Spain is a nude beach - they're a negligible amount relatively to all Spanish beaches, you need to be previously informed to find one because you won't do it by mere chance and walking randomly into one. No, it's not common to find naked people laying around and it's not customary to just ignore them. You probably read somewhere that nudism was legal in Spain and wrongly deduced; or read someone else wrong deductions and repeated it. Just like American men get emotional in public all the time.

And I'm right about the cult of virility as anyone who had actually visited both places would know. It's way rarer to find a Spanish male crying or being emotional in public, it's way more common to find blatant demonstrations of sexism in Spain (also because southern Europe is easily the least politically correct part of the Western world, it's the same for racism, etc). The gender gap study is about political quotas, female literacy, economic participation, health and stuff like that - as you'd know if you'd actually at least glanced through it. The US actually leads Spain in every indicator except political participation because of Spain's (very stupid) political parity law that forces half of the political bodies to be composed by women regardless of who people want to vote for. Dont' confuse this with the society at large views on genders and whatnot. Not only you were flat out lying about the facts, you have the big picture completely wrong. What amuses me, as I said, is how popular that type of "first hand reports" has become in the internet. Finally, if you actually believe "men in America are called gay just for hugging" or that you "were in Spain and every beach is a nude beach", you should consider a medical checkout.

tl;dr. sorry bro

Good choice, lol
kameba
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#118 » by kameba » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:07 pm

pootpoot wrote:
kameba wrote:

Huh? The top clubs in the EPL are right there with the (2) big spanish clubs (watch atletico get demolished by chelsea, and they **** on barca not just in the CL LOL), who else is big in Germany besides Bayern? Dortmund?? Hahah...

They are all top tier leagues, if you think the EPL is below those 2 leagues though you're just being a dope

Of course they're all top tier leagues, the best three of them, actually. And I would rate EPL as #1 in terms of overall talent spread in the league. On the other hand English clubs have been a disgrace in CL lately (ofc I remember 2012 CL Final, that uberlucky win doesn't change my mind though).

In Germany you've got Bayern, which is still the best team in the world, healthy Borussia is a TOP5 team. I mean Jesus, we just got der Klassiker in CL final, of course Bundesliga is powerful.

In Spain you've got Real, which (with Ronaldo) is probably the 2nd best team in the world, Atletico which will hopefully win the BBVA title and crush Chelsea in semi finals, and Barcelona, currently weak as #@%$, but give them one transfer window after that ban expires and they'll be great again.

EPL? City? :lol: Chelsea? Maybe. Liverpool? Let's be real, they would get straight-up annihilated with that defense in CL.
ElTuco84
Bench Warmer
And1: 213

Post#119 » by ElTuco84 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:10 pm

I'm a NBA fan since my childhood, basketball is my favorite sport, but I can't deny that the atmosphere in football stadiums is more amazing than in the NBA.

Most of those football stadiums are like cathedrals for the people, everyone there is in a state of trance, cheering for your team is like defending your hometown in a war.

For a football player to be part of those teams is like belonging to a centenary elite with a huge legacy. Of course money is important, but it doesn't have the same relevance than in the US.

In the US for the mayority of the people going to games is a pastime, a hobby, just another choice to go out. There are some franchises with more passionate fans, but in the end most of the people go for entertainment purposes.
AgentDRL
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#120 » by AgentDRL » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:13 pm

It's been an argument for which football (soccer) league is the best in the world, or even Europe for that matter, for a long while now. The German league is admired amongst other top leagues because (and this is only what I've read and do not know if it is strictly true) every club is in profit. I suppose they're good and bad points to the top leagues in Germay, Spain and England. And each league does have a unique style in my opinion. The EPL is very fast and physical, whereas La Liga BBVA is a good deal slower.

In England, the EPL is heavily advertised as the best league in the world though (and would suspect this is worldwide as well), but I'm never too sure what exactly they base this on. For all I know Germany and Spain may well advertise the Bundesliga and BBVA repectively, in the same manner.

Personally, I don't watch a great deal of EPL as my team (Sheffield Wednesday) play in the league below.

Return to The General Board