How Far Can The Wizards Go In The 2014 Playoffs?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

How Far Can The Wizards Go In The 2014 Playoffs?

Eastern Conference Semifinals (second round)
30%
Eastern Conference Finals
54%
NBA Finals
6%
NBA Championship
10%

Total votes: 93

relinquishy
Senior
And1: 190

Re: How Far Can The Wizards Go In The 2014 Playoffs? 

Post#41 » by relinquishy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:38 am

Saintsteven wrote:Not very far, in fact they should be down 0-2 to the Bulls right now in spectacular fashion.
This isn't hate though. According to Wizs fans, Randy Wittman is the worst coach in the history of anything, and he is severely holding back the 50 win potential of the Zards.
Never mind that Wittman has exposed Thibs and those Bulls as regular season die hards who blow their load well before the playoffs start, that is just a fluke.
PJ Carlisemo would be an upgrade according to the Wiz board.

SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#42 » by SlowPaced » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:58 am

ECF. They're actually a bad matchup against the Heat as well but Playoffs Heat is a different animal.
Sting3r
Head Coach
And1: 209

Post#43 » by Sting3r » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 am

First round.. I still have the bulls winning out.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#44 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:48 am

I think they make it to the second round and face indiana who gets there under a hot streak of paul george and better defense

Against indy, washington doesnt match up well

Hibbert has the size to guard Gortat

West is strong and can keep nene from getting position

George and stephenson can help guard Wall or beal

Defensively at least indiana has the defense to match up with wizards

However their offense is a mystery

Id expect a 6 game series

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#45 » by Froob » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:54 am

amcoolio wrote:I'm happy for the Wiz but...damn they are blessed with getting the 5 seed. If Charlotte hadn't blown that game late at Boston, Washington would be playing the Heat right now I believe in a three way tiebreak.

Just goes to show that every game matters.

And we'd have sole possession of the 4th worse record in the league :banghead:

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
EuroPacer
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#46 » by EuroPacer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 pm

The Wiz have been solid all season, it isn't really a surprise that they are playing well against the Bulls. They have various offensive weapons, a good inside presence with Gortat and Nene. I had the Wiz winning this series in my predictions and I wasn't alone :)
Vogel is Dutch for Bird.
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#47 » by Dupas » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:15 pm

If they pass the bulls , efc. I dont see pacers whinning them tbh. They have size to match pacers inside and wall/beal combo will bomb.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#48 » by Upperclass » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:37 pm

They matchup very well with the Heat. However, they dont match up well with TOR, IND or BK. So 2nd round might be their stopping point.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#49 » by hands11 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Optms wrote:Heat are gonna sweep em if they meet, but anything past the second round would be a win for WSH.

God, the East sucks.

Have you watch many WIZ vs MIA games when they are at full strength.

Wizards actually match up well with them. Beal really gets up to play Wade. Nene/Gortat in the post.

They actually play them really well.

Not saying they would win the series because MIA in a ECF series will be tough but I wouldn't count them out either. If they make it that fair, they their young players will have gotten a lot more playoff experience by then and that was one of the big concerns for this team. Another was Randy Wittman and so far, he seems to be stepping up his coaching. Actually he core message all year about defense defense defense seems to be working out great.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#50 » by hands11 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:43 pm

20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:ECF but if Brooklyn somehow beats Miami they could make it to the finals which is just crazy. The Wizards have Brooklyns number.

They would be the ideal match up. They swept BRK this year.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,680

Post#51 » by Sign5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:51 pm

hands11 wrote:
Optms wrote:Heat are gonna sweep em if they meet, but anything past the second round would be a win for WSH.

God, the East sucks.

Have you watch many WIZ vs MIA games when they are at full strength.

Wizards actually match up well with them. Beal really gets up to play Wade. Nene/Gortat in the post.

They actually play them really well.

Not saying they would win the series because MIA in a ECF series will be tough but I wouldn't count them out either. If they make it that fair, they their young players will have gotten a lot more playoff experience by then and that was one of the big concerns for this team. Another was Randy Wittman and so far, he seems to be stepping up his coaching. Actually he core message all year about defense defense defense seems to be working out great.

First of all, I believe Wade missed a game or two.

2nd of all regular season =/= post season. However, you will soon find that out eventually if Wizards actually do make it.
Harmoo
Banned User
And1: 526

Post#52 » by Harmoo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Game 7 against the Bulls
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#53 » by dr3am » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:58 pm

IMO they have a legitimate shot to make it to the ECF
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#54 » by nuposse04 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:20 pm

If the pacers wake up, I don't see us getting past them, as many alluded to, it isn't our best matchup. When we're firing on all cylinders we can hang with anyone except probably the spurs, but we need to just focus on game 3 right now :P
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#55 » by CellarDoor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Assuming they close out Chicago...

they can beat Atlanta. I think they match up horribly with Indiana and would likely lose that match-up.

The farthest they could possibly go would be the finals if they beat Chicago, drew Atlanta, and Brooklyn/Toronto somehow beats Miami. I don't think they have the match ups for Indy or the talent for Miami.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Gwynplaine
Banned User
And1: 903

Post#56 » by Gwynplaine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:37 pm

TheBabyMaker wrote:
kingkoopi wrote:Knee jerk reaction thread making at its finest

The Wizards are **** awful, if they were in the West they'd be an 11th-12th seed

Awful enough to be the crap out of Miami twice this year. :D

Please don't consider him to be a HEAT fan or take any of his opinions seriously. He's been trolling and trying to create a problem/bad name for heat fans on the GB. Most of the HEAT fans back on our board seem to think that the wizards have a great chance to get to the ECF. And then who knows..

The wizards are offensively good from 1-5 and that is always going to be a challenge for any team. Gortat and Nene are also a handful for any frontcourt (when healthy).

I see more people from other teams proclaiming a HEAT sweep and other stuff when compared to the actual HEAT fans posting on our board.

Despite what people like to say blindly, if not for a rough start by the young/new teams due to an adjustment period (see Wiz, Cats, Raps & BKN) and derailment via injuries (Rose, Horford etc), the Eastern Conference has been pretty decent and there are a lot of interesting up and coming teams. Even the Cavs started stringing together wins towards the end of the season.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using RealGM Forums mobile app
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#57 » by deneem4 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm not worried about the pacers...they're honestly jus the bulls with a healthy season...hawks have no defense for paul george but ariza can do some good on him
west nor hibbert can stop nene if noah can't stop him....it's not jus nene size it's his footwork and moves...I'm just saying noah is the best defender in the league and neither him nor taj could shut nene down

the Stephenson drama jus makes it better for us...beal could no doubt get under lance skin..

The wizards beat the pacers the last game....it was actually a blowout win..i dont see the pacers as a threat honestly as long as we have a healthy nene were one of the more well balanced teams in the league
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,350

Post#58 » by nate33 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:42 pm

I agree that the Wizards aren't particularly built to match up with Indiana, but with the way Indy is playing they're certainly beatable.

The Wizards have actually played very well against Miami over the past two seasons. They're 3-5 against Miami over the past 2 seasons. Nobody is saying the Wizards will defeat Miami or anything, but I think they could give Miami more trouble than any other East team with the exception of Indy.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,543

Post#59 » by dice » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:47 pm

game 7 of the first round
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Novocaine
Veteran
And1: 1,584

Post#60 » by Novocaine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:51 pm

I think they have better chances of beating Miami than Indiana.

Just because the Pacers and the Bulls are strong defensive teams, it doesn't mean their defenses are similar. They have different strengths and flaws.

And even though the Pacers offense is mediocre, it isn't as atrocious as the Bulls offense. A .490 to .470 difference in eFG% is substantial; the difference in Ortg isn't larger because of the Bulls offensive rebounding - something that tends to be neutralized in the playoffs versus any team with solid defensive rebounding (like the Wizards are).

If they end up facing Atlanta, they'll run over them.

Return to The General Board