Jazzfan1971 and FloppyMoose's Offseason Preview - Kings

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Re: Jazzfan1971 and FloppyMoose's Offseason Preview - Kings 

Post#61 » by teerfour+40LG » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:30 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:These predictions are quickly becoming an embarrassment to read.

prophetic.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#62 » by floppymoose » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:48 pm

We should probably start a tracking thread for all the predictions as a whole rather than bumping 30 different threads. As for the Kings, they are a real surprise to me. If DMC keeps it together they could have a good season.

Where were you guys when we had the prediction contest,btw? For some reason you didn't enter.
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,274

Post#63 » by laploutocratie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Floppymusings:
I'm going to come out and say it: The Kings should trade Cousins for picks/youth and move on.
☘ x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#64 » by BadWolf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:04 pm

It almost looks like you missed last season of the NBA. Cous had a break out party.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,969

Post#65 » by AussieCeltic » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:33 pm

floppymoose wrote:We should probably start a tracking thread for all the predictions as a whole rather than bumping 30 different threads. As for the Kings, they are a real surprise to me. If DMC keeps it together they could have a good season.

Where were you guys when we had the prediction contest,btw? For some reason you didn't enter.

I didn't see it. I guess that means I'm not able to make an opinion on a basketball site made for that specific reason.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
GoldenGoose
Pro Prospect
And1: 547

Post#66 » by GoldenGoose » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:24 am

BadWolf wrote:It almost looks like you missed last season of the NBA. Cous had a break out party.

Dion had a "breakout party" in the second half of last year as well. Barnes had a "breakout party" in the playoffs the year before that. It is impossible to accurately predict half of what will and won't happen. How many of you, aside from kings fans, actually thought the Kings were going to be as good as they are right now?

Also, they've played ten games. Bump this ish at the end of the year, if you must bump it at all.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#67 » by KF10 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:10 am

GoldenGoose wrote:
BadWolf wrote:It almost looks like you missed last season of the NBA. Cous had a break out party.

Dion had a "breakout party" in the second half of last year as well. Barnes had a "breakout party" in the playoffs the year before that. It is impossible to accurately predict half of what will and won't happen. How many of you, aside from kings fans, actually thought the Kings were going to be as good as they are right now?

Also, they've played ten games. Bump this ish at the end of the year, if you must bump it at all.

One of the reasons I bumped this thread is that I saw the Laker's offseason preview on the first page in GB. So, might as well bump this one if that one is still active.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#68 » by Winsome Gerbil » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:51 am

GoldenGoose wrote:

Not even remotely the same "break out parties". I've been trying to open people's eyes on Cousins for a couple of years now around here, but last year was particularly bad. The guy had one of the greatest statistical big man seasons of all time for a 23 year old player. I've done the numbers too many times to bother throwing them out here again. Suffice it to say, Hakeem, Duncan, you want at look at per minute even Shaq weren't producing at a much higher rate than he was last year. And still nobody was paying attention. At times I felt like the only guy with league pass.

I understand people missing that who didn't watch, what I didn't get was not watching and still pretending to know because a media guy wrote an article last year or something like that. And with Cousins there was a whole lot of that floating around.

BTW, I did do the prediction thread thing. I was higher on the Kings than most, but I still think that that only meant I went 38 wins or something like that. I was hedging my bets there, thought they might hit 40 wins, but not wanting to gamble on it. Had more doubts about the team as a whole than Cousins though. Cousins was better than Aldridge year. Maybe better than Blake. He was ready to rough up the league. All it took to know that was watching him play last year.

Return to The General Board