If you could pick one move

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Waive salmons
Sophomore
And1: 117

Re: If you could pick one move 

Post#21 » by Waive salmons » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:06 am

I like ross bit i would take drummond over him in a heart beat even if we already have JV.

Or ( im cheating a bit) trade bosh for gsw. 009 draft pick (curry)

Best: draft derozan
Sagittaron
Senior
And1: 150

Post#22 » by Sagittaron » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:34 am

Move I would take back: Break up of the 2011 championship team (aka I would resign Tyson Chandler)

Best move: Signing Parsons (still too early to judge but I like the fact we got a young up and coming player in FA for once)
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,363

Post#23 » by WiggOuts » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:04 am

-The worst thing the Raptors ever did was draft Andrea Bargnani. Not so much for how good/bad he played but for everything else that came with it. Drafting a player that played the same position as our best guy, The fact that they tried to become this international team, The fact that they were gonna take LA (Boshs boy) and didn't, the idea that BC took Bargs because he was tryna help out his fellow Italian...Lets not forget the coddling they showed him that clearly could not have sat well with his peers and created bad blood with the coaching staff...for all I know Id probably love Leo Rautins if I didn't have to repeatedly listen to him talk about that 7 footer out there

-Firing Bryan Colangelo
DeadHorse
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#24 » by DeadHorse » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:13 am

WiggOuts wrote:-The worst thing the Raptors ever did was draft Andrea Bargnani. Not so much for how good/bad he played but for everything else that came with it. Drafting a player that played the same position as our best guy, The fact that they tried to become this international team, The fact that they were gonna take LA (Boshs boy) and didn't, the idea that BC took Bargs because he was tryna help out his fellow Italian...Lets not forget the coddling they showed him that clearly could not have sat well with his peers and created bad blood with the coaching staff...for all I know Id probably love Leo Rautins if I didn't have to repeatedly listen to him talk about that 7 footer out there

-Firing Bryan Colangelo

That wasn't in the past five years though.
HireTZ (And Bruno).
DeadHorse
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#25 » by DeadHorse » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 am

Hiring Masai was the best thing we've done in the past five years

Not trading bosh was the worst thing we did
HireTZ (And Bruno).
DwnShft2Xcelr8
Pro Prospect
And1: 913

Post#26 » by DwnShft2Xcelr8 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:20 am

Hiring Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson.
Hide in car on Friday nights so cat thinks I have a social life crew
Telemarketers hang up on me crew
Jehovah's Witnesses close my door for me crew
Parents get upset when I visit crew
Homeless people won't accept money from me crew
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#27 » by Boarder Patrol » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:01 am

For the Knicks it's easily maxing out Amare (then picking up the team option on Billups, then amnestying him under new management instead of amnestying Amare).

If there were 1 move I'd be happy with it's bringing in Jackson as president. Love the Chandler trade for us, signed a good coaching staff (well, Fish is an unknown but our assistants check out well and I have hope for him), got Melo back at less than the max, and the Jason Smith signing/Acy & Outlaw trade were minor moves but still solid. Can't ask for anything more, though I'd hope some tax-evading moves are in the works.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#28 » by AdonisDeMarion » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:31 am

trading for Howard and Nash, should've traded Bynum to the 76ers for Iggy. Bryant Gasol and would've been pretty UNDER PJ

Bryant's deal
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#29 » by Austincys21 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:24 am

Worst - Trade for Nash

Best - idk getting Lin and a 1st for free

Randle has yet yo play so idk if he's a good choice or bust. We shall see
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#30 » by Kabookalu » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:37 am

For the Raptors, he's balling out right now, but for me I might want to reverse the Lowry. The first pick that was used to get Lowry ended up being 12th in the 2013 NBA draft. Masai was in extremely hot pursuit of Giannis and exhausted all of his options into trying to acquire him, and didn't get him because he didn't have the assets nor a pick. If Giannis ends up becoming good for a really long time we're going to be looking back at that transaction as another terrible Colangelo move.

I'm not saying this was the worst move at all by any stretch of the imagination, but that if there was one move I'd undo it could be that.

Hopefully Bruno can soften that blow.

Best move: Bruno.
Read on Twitter
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,340

Post#31 » by Scalabrine » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:22 am

Eddy curry trade set the Knicks back so hard.

Traded the picks that became Noah and Aldridge. Would have had enough capspace for just under 3 max contracts in 2010. He was an important piece in the Melo trade but god. Worst move of Isaiah's many terrible moves.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Go Knicks!
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#32 » by SlowPaced » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:32 am

Amnestying Mike Miller. I feel like that had a lot to do with LeBron's leaving. He loved playing with Mike and Mike was a major contributor in both championships. Amnestying him was purely an economic move.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#33 » by montestewart » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:56 am

Wizards

Trading 2009 #5 pick for expirings of Mike Miller and Randy Foye, instead of drafting, oh, say Stephen Curry or Demar Derozen, or maybe getting back a later pick and nabbing Ty Lawson.

If that's considered too far back, then the whole 2011 draft: Vesely at #6, instead of Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, or Kemba Walker; Singleton at #18, instead of Faried; Shelvin Mack at #34, instead of Chandler Parsons. Neither Vesely, Singleton, or Mack are still with the team.

Taking Otto Porter over Noel may someday be considered the worst move. Too early to tell.
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#34 » by King Stannis » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:53 am

Not trading Ron Harper for Danny Ferry.
Bend the knee.

ballfan5
Junior
And1: 61

Post#35 » by ballfan5 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Knicks giving Stoudemire a fully guaranteed max contract with the health porblems he has would be my worst

Best would be having Phil Jackson take over
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#36 » by blind prophet » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Signing Carl Landry in Sacramento.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#37 » by Higga » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Trading our 09 1st rounder for Mike Miller and Randy Foye.

Even though we ended up with Wall the next year, we passed up on Rubio and Curry. Still sickens me to this day.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#38 » by j-ragg » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Worst - firing Stan van Gundy to appease that gigantic child who still wanted out after.

Best - hiring Hennigan to take over, trading Courtney Lee basically for VC and Ryan Anderson.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#39 » by funkatron101 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Taking Flynn over Curry. Even if Curry refused to work out for us.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
ballfan5
Junior
And1: 61

Post#40 » by ballfan5 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Scalabrine wrote:Eddy curry trade set the Knicks back so hard.

Traded the picks that became Noah and Aldridge. Would have had enough capspace for just under 3 max contracts in 2010. He was an important piece in the Melo trade but god. Worst move of Isaiah's many terrible moves.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

I cant even say Eddy Curry without a little vomit coming in my mouth after. That may be one of the worst moves in NBA history.

Return to The General Board