ARE THE CAVS, THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,645

Re: ARE THE CAVS, THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM 

Post#21 » by C_Money » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:01 am

JV4MVP wrote:Way more importantly...

Cavaliers fan who invaded court to see LeBron allowed back into arena

James Blair, the young man who famously invaded the court at Quicken Loans Arena when LeBron James' Heat were in town and was subsequently banned from The Q for life, has had his ban lifted.

Blair, who entered the court area and walked up to James with a t-shirt that read "We miss you" on the front and "2014 come back" on the back during a 2013 game between the Cavs and Heat, tweeted the news himself on Friday.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/585160

LOL what a dork.
The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,496

Post#22 » by The Realist » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:49 am

NO THEY ARE NOT

GOOD THREAD THOUGH
meh
KyletheDingbat
Veteran
And1: 1,656

Post#23 » by KyletheDingbat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:49 am

James Blair, the young man who famously invaded the court at Quicken Loans Arena when LeBron James' Heat were in town and was subsequently banned from The Q for life, has had his ban lifted.

Blair, who entered the court area and walked up to James with a t-shirt that read "We miss you" on the front and "2014 come back" on the back during a 2013 game between the Cavs and Heat, tweeted the news himself on Friday.

I feel this guy's story will be a movie one day. Great build up, climax and pay off.
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#24 » by King Stannis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 am

Eduardo wrote:Cavs aren't getting first seed :lol: Their combination of lack of depth and defense will make them 2nd to Chicago. Thibs loves them regular season wins.

He loves them so much that he willing to run his players into the ground over useless games so that his guys are toast by the playoffs.

Brilliant.
Bend the knee.

The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,496

Post#25 » by The Realist » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:07 am

C_Money wrote:
LOL what a dork.

Cavs fans hating Miami LeBron to worshiping him after he return: "What losers"

Cavs fan worshiping Miami Lebron and wishing he would come back: "What a dork"

Seems to me that dude was one of the few keeping it real, still shouldn't have come on to the court.
meh
Naija Boy
Banned User
And1: 2,242

Post#26 » by Naija Boy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:10 am

The Cavs will be the 1st seed.

I'm not sure how any team with LeBron can be "overrated". Talk less of a team with LeBron, Love and Irving.
King Stannis
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by King Stannis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:29 am

Notorious23 wrote:
Jonatton Yeah wrote:WRITING IN ALL CAPS TO GET GB ATTENTION IS CERTAINLY OVERRATED

Dunno why the cheap shot is at the Knicks is necessary either. Hey, go Cleveland. I actually like the town and always go underdog. But posts like this are just gloating before the season has even started. Cleveland, sans the jealousy concerning the load of high picks and Toronto's obsession with the 2011 NBA Draft, has built up some good will in these parts. But faux-arrogance like this will render itself into caustic hatred pretty quickly; and then, I'm sure, you'll feign victim of "haters." :noway:

Your use of a comma is also atrocious.

Considering it was making fun of a Knicks fan post makes your comments all the better. Especially because no one called his thread out for any of it.

That seems lost on people. Maybe they should look at the board first....
Bend the knee.

SmoothKobra
Starter
And1: 638

Post#28 » by SmoothKobra » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:31 am

I'd say we're very much overrated at this point. Kyrie is no Wade in 2010. Love is no Bosh either (yes, defensive rotations and rim protections count). The Cavs have significant defensive issues across the board, minus LeBron. We're going to struggle to keep perimeter players out of the lane. We're going to be a revolving door at the rim, with Tristan and Love both giving up near 60 percent on shots there. Vareajo, Kyrie, and Love all have significant injury risk, and there is a gapping hole at center after Varejao goes down with his yearly injury.

Blatt is completely unproven, and people forget that for all of Mike Brown's misgivings, he coached the team up on defense. Byron Scott's Cavs were like 27th in defensive efficiency, and Brown got them all the way to 17th. The Cavs will likely struggle on defense under a 1st timer.

That said, the Cavs still have LeBron and some all-stars. Tristan and Dion have their issues, but they are both probably looking at pay-days after a year of playing with LeBron. LeBron's greatness probably carries this team past its undersold issues to 50, 55 wins. But in terms of the playoffs, who knows? The Cavs SHOULD get to the ECF, but it's a crap shoot after that. This team has real issues that people love to gloss over because they're enamored by big names.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#29 » by tmorgan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:53 am

IS THIS COMMA --> , THE MOST OVERRATED COMMA

Anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? This is more proof we're headed there. Ex-professional wrestler President with the sponsored middle name of Mountain Dew, here we come.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#30 » by EscapoTHB » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:41 am

Who knows? We won't know how the Cavs are until probably closer to the playoffs next year. It usually takes time for teams like this to gel, if they gel at all. New coach, players who haven't played together in brand new roles. Hard to predict.

Sometimes it ends up like the Heat or Celtics and two titles. Other times it explodes like the Lakers.

Remember when the Lakers were going to have a lineup of Nash, Kobe, Pau, and Dwight? You just never know how it's going to work out.

Injuries could play a part too. Irving and Love are very injury prone, as is Varejao. It wouldn't be totally shocking to see Lebron playing a lot of games this year with Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters as his support players--and then what is the expectation? You don't know until it happens.

I do know this. The Spurs are being underrated again. This is a team that dismantled the NBA last year, and could have won a title the year before. They seem to just keep getting better. I think we're ignoring one of the great NBA teams of all-time right now, just because the best player in the NBA doesn't play on their team.
King Stannis
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by King Stannis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:21 am

SmoothKobra wrote:I'd say we're very much overrated at this point. Kyrie is no Wade in 2010. Love is no Bosh either (yes, defensive rotations and rim protections count). The Cavs have significant defensive issues across the board, minus LeBron. We're going to struggle to keep perimeter players out of the lane. We're going to be a revolving door at the rim, with Tristan and Love both giving up near 60 percent on shots there. Vareajo, Kyrie, and Love all have significant injury risk, and there is a gapping hole at center after Varejao goes down with his yearly injury.

Blatt is completely unproven, and people forget that for all of Mike Brown's misgivings, he coached the team up on defense. Byron Scott's Cavs were like 27th in defensive efficiency, and Brown got them all the way to 17th. The Cavs will likely struggle on defense under a 1st timer.

That said, the Cavs still have LeBron and some all-stars. Tristan and Dion have their issues, but they are both probably looking at pay-days after a year of playing with LeBron. LeBron's greatness probably carries this team past its undersold issues to 50, 55 wins. But in terms of the playoffs, who knows? The Cavs SHOULD get to the ECF, but it's a crap shoot after that. This team has real issues that people love to gloss over because they're enamored by big names.

We can always count on you to rain on anyone's parade.
Bend the knee.

Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,860

Post#32 » by Phila Tough » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 am

tmorgan wrote:IS THIS COMMA --> , THE MOST OVERRATED COMMA

Anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? This is more proof we're headed there. Ex-professional wrestler President with the sponsored middle name of Mountain Dew, here we come.

Who cares? This is the internet bro. You and captain comma man should relax and focus on waving your grammar badges in meaningful real life situations, not on a sports message board. If someones chooses to not punctuate on the internet, then so be it.
EnigmaticProblem
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#33 » by EnigmaticProblem » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:47 am

KyletheDingbat wrote:

I feel this guy's story will be a movie one day. Great build up, climax and pay off.

This could be made into a great film if done with a style and tone that parallels Big Fan. That film is so severely overlooked. . .
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#34 » by SlobbaN » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:45 am

The Bulls are(and the Clippers, but they have been one of the most overrated since Paul joined).
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#35 » by marcush » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:57 am

Don't know about overrated or underrated but I just cant wait to watch the show. Love and James will be epic and fascinated to see how Irving handles being the third banana, I think his efficiency sharply increases. Watching Cavs in the early game and Spurs in the late one, should be a great year for LP.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#36 » by crazy_me_87 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:15 am

Overrated?

lets see... viewed by most as one of 2 Teams to come out of the East(Chi the other one)
viewed by most as a strong but not overwhelming contender for the title
hows that overrated?
there are a few who claim them to be the clear cut favourite.. but this people are few

even i as a Cavs fan expect a learning year,even with Love added
could that learning year go better than expected and we win a title.. well i guess with Lebron back anythings possible... but it is not garantied

it depends mostly on how healthy our Bigs can be and how good of a coach Blatt really is

still.. overrated.. no.. if you rate them as a strong contender but not clear favoutite right now,
and maybe the favourite once they get a Rim Protecting Center then i would say they are rated accurate
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Post#37 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:32 am

cavs4life03 wrote:This is a troll a lot of cavs fans are staying humble. Im still in shock of this offseason but I dont expect 70 wins I expect 55

Sent from my SPH-L710 using RealGM Forums mobile app

I think they will hit 58-62 and depending on the Bulls' record they could win the East relatively easily. It's a new team with a new coach, but that coach is simply too good, and that roster fits together like a glove which means even at 70-80% of their theoretical output, they will win many-many games. That bench is already nasty if they can stay healthy and I don't think they are done roster-wise yet either. They will get their big man one way or another.
Cycklops
Sixth Man
And1: 2,080

Post#38 » by Cycklops » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:45 am

crazy_me_87 wrote:Overrated?

lets see... viewed by most as one of 2 Teams to come out of the East(Chi the other one)
hows that overrated?
there are a few who claim them to be the clear cut favourite.. but this people are few

Probably more like a learning month. I'm more concerned about their defense than I am about them figuring each other out. They know who their leader is...and they know who plays what position etc...
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#39 » by crazy_me_87 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:55 am

Cycklops wrote:
crazy_me_87 wrote:Overrated?

hows that overrated?

Probably more like a learning month. I'm more concerned about their defense than I am about them figuring each other out. They know who their leader is...and they know who plays what position etc...

well if it was only a learning month im a happy camper :D

well i honestly think their defensive problems are a bit overblown

James can anchor a whole peremiter defense on his own,especially now where he doesnt need to score EVERY possession

Vareajo isnt a Rim Protector but a good Post defender(on the Ground) and a great Pick&Roll defender

either Waiters or Miller are solid but not "bad" defenders

Love and Kyrie are both better on defense than everyone thinks.. Love is above average for a PF.. and Kyrie was really solid with Team USA on defense(it at the very least shows he can be better when motivated)

Marion,Haywood,Delladova,Thompson,Amundson make a pretty good defensive bench!

as i said in some posts before they wont be the 2004 Pistons... but they wont be the 2006 Suns either.

if everyone who roots against them relies on their defense to hinder them so bad that they wont be a true contender with a real shot at the ring this season... then theyre in for a rude awakening.

the Cavs will propably be 8-12 on the defensive standings.. not elite.. but not bad either.. not great but solid
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#40 » by lakersin4 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:56 am

Nope that title easily goes to the Bulls.. Even with a healthy Rose I'm not sure they're better than the Wizards, & I highly doubt Rose will be healthy.. Yet it seems nearly everyone considers them at worst the #2 team in the east. My main complaint with the Cleveland hype is noone seems to mention that Love & Kyrie will most likely miss around 30 games each while their starting C will be lucky to play in 30 games.. But even then you still have Lebron, who has shown that he's enough to get the 1 seed in the East solo last time he was in Cleveland.

Return to The General Board