Magic Giannson

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Down To Buck
Senior
And1: 306

Re: Magic Giannson 

Post#61 » by Down To Buck » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:49 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Dupp wrote:Fast becoming one of the most overrated players of all time.

Because every positive post about him is followed by a dozen derp, he's a bust posts? :-?

There is no one in this thread saying he's a bust, much less a dozen people, in fact you are the first to use the term in this thread (except for one presumably facetious post containing nothing but). Though you have somewhat of a point. I've said it before: when there's a player with as much hype against as little production as Giannis, there will be some negativity. Where is the hype for a player like Khris Middleton, who is the real best player on the Bucks? It doesn't exist because he doesn't tweet about smoothies and is kinda ugly and is from South Carolina.

I'd say the Giannis PG experiment was not very successful. He looked tentative and basically dumped the ball to Pachulia as soon as he could. It's like someone told him that a real PG doesn't look to score, ever, EVER, but also told him that a real PG looks to pass as soon as possible.

Unfortunately tonight's game wasn't televised, because he seemed to do much better. 19 and 9, now let's see if he can do it in the regular season and I can start getting hyped.
Check out my NBA Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/DownToBuck
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#62 » by Kabookalu » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:58 am

Down To Buck wrote:There is no one in this thread saying he's a bust, much less a dozen people, in fact you are the first to use the term in this thread (except for one presumably facetious post containing nothing but). Though you have somewhat of a point. I've said it before: when there's a player with as much hype against as little production as Giannis, there will be some negativity. Where is the hype for a player like Khris Middleton, who is the real best player on the Bucks? It doesn't exist because he doesn't tweet about smoothies and is kinda ugly and is from South Carolina.

I'd say the Giannis PG experiment was not very successful. He looked tentative and basically dumped the ball to Pachulia as soon as he could. It's like someone told him that a real PG doesn't look to score, ever, EVER, but also told him that a real PG looks to pass as soon as possible.

Unfortunately tonight's game wasn't televised, because he seemed to do much better. 19 and 9, now let's see if he can do it in the regular season and I can start getting hyped.

Just wanted to say keep up the good work with the youtube highlights my man. GD Highlights and Dawk Ins are the ones everyone goes to, but I have you up there side by side with them.
Read on Twitter
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,817

Post#63 » by HotelVitale » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:52 pm

mattg wrote:You made a definitive statement that was flat out incorrect, if you can't handle getting called out on that without getting butthurt then don't post.

I made the statement that Odom was posting really productive lines when he was Giannis' age. When Odom was Giannis' age--19.8 years--he started his rookie year and put up 17/8/5. I'd bet the farm on Giannis not posting that this year. Not b/c he sucks, not b/c he's a bust, but because gaudy production isn't where he's at now.

I'm not sure where your emotional stake comes in--as a Bucks fan, you should know that 'Giannis will be Odom 2.0, but way better!' is not accurate or useful. You're hoping Giannis becomes a wing who creates constant mismatches can do some of everything from the perimeter, not the oversized slasher that Odom was.
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#64 » by WTFsunsFTW » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:00 pm

The Suns rolled out a 3 PG lineup this week, and everyone flips out at a single tall person at PG.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#65 » by Alfred » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Down To Buck wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Dupp wrote:Fast becoming one of the most overrated players of all time.

Because every positive post about him is followed by a dozen derp, he's a bust posts? :-?

There is no one in this thread saying he's a bust, much less a dozen people, in fact you are the first to use the term in this thread (except for one presumably facetious post containing nothing but). Though you have somewhat of a point. I've said it before: when there's a player with as much hype against as little production as Giannis, there will be some negativity. Where is the hype for a player like Khris Middleton, who is the real best player on the Bucks? It doesn't exist because he doesn't tweet about smoothies and is kinda ugly and is from South Carolina.

I like your youtube descriptions.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#66 » by Diggr14 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:35 pm

Both Parker and Magic Giannson killed Wiggins yesterday.

Two best players under 20 in the NBA right now, on top of the fact they both have tremendous upside. Period.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.

Return to The General Board