Steven Adams looking good so far..

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

GREENE1148
Sophomore
And1: 111

Re: Steven Adams looking good so far.. 

Post#81 » by GREENE1148 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snfiwXWrWYo[/youtube]
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,095

Post#82 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:36 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
shmito17 wrote:
He's definitely a starting caliber C right now. Lane intimidation, alters/blocks shots, active in the passing lanes, sets good picks, rolls hard and has a nice floater/jump hook. That's what I saw in that video. He may not be flashy, but gets the job done. Reminds me of Robin Lopez. Underrated, and knows his role.

in comparison to perkins yes. if you means he's going to break out into a poor mans varejo then i guess that's decent. I still think he's 1-2 years away

Well, from someone who actually watches Adams, I'd take him over Monroe. That description above you is spot on. He's huge and pretty athletic. Blocks shots, scores in the paint, passes well, has good hands yeah, sounds like a dud to me.

He definitely needs to grow still and get a better feel, better defensive positioning so he's not fouling as much as last year, but he works very hard and he can be a top 20 center by the end of this year providing what OKC needs down low.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#83 » by DrCoach » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:36 am

kdthunderup wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:Adams on 22/6 on 9/11 shooting

Lamb 23/6/4

Albeit, preseason...But when will people finally start admitting that the Harden trade wasn't as lopsided as many assumed it to be?

When Thunder win a chip and some of these guys play a key role.

How many chips does Harden have?
WOX_69
Sixth Man
And1: 1,486

Post#84 » by WOX_69 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:50 am

Adams is damn good, and if Brooks were smart he'd start him right now. Depending on what happens with Westbrook and Durant with their impending free agency they need lock him long term.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#85 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:52 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Well, from someone who actually watches Adams, I'd take him over Monroe.

Trolling statement and completely irrelevant to discussion

That description above you is spot on. He's huge and pretty athletic. Blocks shots, scores in the paint, passes well, has good hands yeah, sounds like a dud to me.

Everything perkins doesn't. Again the question being asked is what exactly has him as a break out player? There are plenty of big men who are huge, athletic, blockshots, score in paint, passess decent and has good hands. You make it seem as if this is unheard of. Like i said, he's poor man's AV. What will determine his progress is his consistency.

He definitely needs to grow still and get a better feel, better defensive positioning so he's not fouling as much as last year, but he works very hard and he can be a top 20 center by the end of this year providing what OKC needs down low.

His breakout year is going to get him into the top 20 centers in the league? does not seem like much of a breakout. To clarify again, i believe adams will be a good center in this league one day, i just don't see why this year he's going to break out. I have him breaking out 1-2 years.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#86 » by Kabookalu » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:02 am

WOX_69 wrote:Adams is damn good, and if Brooks were smart he'd start him right now. Depending on what happens with Westbrook and Durant with their impending free agency they need lock him long term.

Adams' handjobs aren't as good as Perkins', so Brooks will continue to start Perkins.
Read on Twitter
DudetheObscure
Junior
And1: 532

Post#87 » by DudetheObscure » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:13 am

kdthunderup wrote:
Choker wrote:

Lamb 23/6/4

Albeit, preseason...But when will people finally start admitting that the Harden trade wasn't as lopsided as many assumed it to be?

Those that think it's lopsided will remain thinking so because they'll always argue about value and how the Thunder could have gotten Kevin Love or something.

Do people also not remember that Harden's value wasn't even that great after a pathetic finals performance. OKC even tried to trade him for a rookie Beal and the Wizards didn't even pull the trigger on it. What makes people think they could of caught a bigger fish then what they did?

The Warriors said no on Klay Thompson as well. No way the Twolves would've traded KLove. Revisionist history.
Thomas Hardy abides
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#88 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:17 am

I'll say it now. This is over, Adams will start, even with Brooks. Brooks called it "open competition" with Perk injured in preseason, Adams has beasted. If he starts Perk, he loses credibility I think even to some of the players. Adams was supposed to be a D Leaguer last year who saw spot time this season, dude's gonna start.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#89 » by I Am Awesome-O » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:20 am

I freaking hate Steven Adams, especially because he's gonna be a really good player.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#90 » by Mr Peanut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 am

As a New Zealander this makes me moist.
Loud_city
Rookie
And1: 921

Post#91 » by Loud_city » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:39 am

I Am Aesome-O wrote:I freaking hate Steven Adams, especially because he's gonna be a really good player.

And he cost memphis any chance of winning with his nudging of zbo.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#92 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:14 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/522192523755028480[/tweet]

6 of Westbrook's 12 assists to Adams on pick and rolls.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#93 » by Dcebucks11 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:34 am

just watched his highlights. very impressive. hes going to be very very good
Saintsteven
Junior
And1: 549

Post#94 » by Saintsteven » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:17 am

Check the calendar and slow down on the hype train people...

NBA regular season did not start, it is the PRESEASON!
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#95 » by JVL » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:27 am

Lamb 23/6/4

Let's see them do that in a WCF playoff battle first.

You guys are getting a massive hard-on over preseason shenanigans. Lebron went 2/8 against the Heat in Rio, we can safely conclude he's done then?

I mean, I'm happy for Thunder fans thinking they have something exciting to look forward to, and Adams might turn into a stud, but this is a massive overreaction based on preseason games. Let's see what he turns into over the course of an 82+ game NBA season + postseason, when opposing teams are actually trying.
You guys are making it sounds like the new Hakeem stepped up. All of a sudden, Adams is a unique breed of Big in the NBA who can do everything well: score, pass, block shots, play defense, fit into the offense, rebound, interrupt passing lanes, coach the team, run the organization and prepare the financial year-end closing.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#96 » by BadWolf » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:38 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:There are plenty of big men who are huge, athletic, blockshots, score in paint, passess decent and has good hands.

there are? who?

Gasols, Bogut, Noah, D12, DMC?
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#97 » by sipclip » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:28 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Well, from someone who actually watches Adams, I'd take him over Monroe.

Trolling statement and completely irrelevant to discussion

That description above you is spot on. He's huge and pretty athletic. Blocks shots, scores in the paint, passes well, has good hands yeah, sounds like a dud to me.

Everything perkins doesn't. Again the question being asked is what exactly has him as a break out player? There are plenty of big men who are huge, athletic, blockshots, score in paint, passess decent and has good hands. You make it seem as if this is unheard of. Like i said, he's poor man's AV. What will determine his progress is his consistency.

His breakout year is going to get him into the top 20 centers in the league? does not seem like much of a breakout. To clarify again, i believe adams will be a good center in this league one day, i just don't see why this year he's going to break out. I have him breaking out 1-2 years.

Who are these huge players with athleticism and skill that you are talking about.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#98 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:04 pm

bondom34 wrote:I'll say it now. This is over, Adams will start, even with Brooks. Brooks called it "open competition" with Perk injured in preseason, Adams has beasted. If he starts Perk, he loses credibility I think even to some of the players. Adams was supposed to be a D Leaguer last year who saw spot time this season, dude's gonna start.

Maybe I'm looking for an excuse that isn't there, but I always sort of felt the decision to play Perk so much came from up above in the FO and maybe wasn't all Brooks idea; at the very least he was working with the FO to reach the conclusion that Perkins was useful.

If it is all on Brooks how much they use Perkins he is an even more awful coach than I've imagined.
Cuban_Linx
Rookie
And1: 1,372

Post#99 » by Cuban_Linx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:As a New Zealander this makes me moist.

I imagine you looking a lot like your avy right now.
"If I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me."
- KD on not going outside anymore.
thunderup_0_35
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#100 » by thunderup_0_35 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Steven Adams hasn't even been playing basketball for that long and this dude has been making huge strides. He's a poor man nothing because he'll be a beast in Thunder offense. All he has to do is catch and finish witch he is great at. The dude might be the strongest and toughest dude on the court at freaking age 21. He had great performances in the playoffs so stop with the notion that it's just preseason. I predict he averages around a double double if he starts. Thunder has been waiting for a reliable C since there existence and boy do they have one.

Return to The General Board