Better Record/Deeper post season run: Bulls or Clippers?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

fast-break
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,858

Re: Better Record/Deeper post season run: Bulls or Clippers? 

Post#21 » by fast-break » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:54 am

1. Clippers - Assuming Rose misses some time (Hopefully not) or has a slow start (more likely)
2. Bulls - Considered by most, the team or one of the teams "to beat", chances of making it to the Conference Finals are much stronger than the Clippers as they continue to fail to advance further, as the West is a bit deeper.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#22 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 am

JoeyCrawford wrote:
Purch wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:That's fair enough. They have to prove they can do it. I just feel they have everything in place to get it done. I do feel hca could be big this year. I like what clips have done this summer with rivers in his 2nd year it should make them even better.

Both spurs are okc are amazing teams so it will be damn tough that's for sure.

If Griffin dominates the league this season then you never know. I think it was clear as of last season that Griffin has become the best player on the team, and the best 4 in the nba

True Davis is is beast it's just whether Griffin can stay ahead even for another year.
anarchy24
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Post#23 » by anarchy24 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:24 am

The Bulls on both questions. Why? They're in the Eastern conference.
Purch
Veteran
And1: 2,053

Post#24 » by Purch » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:01 pm

At some point mid season I'll revisit this thread
Ice the knees
Veteran
And1: 618

Post#25 » by Ice the knees » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:08 pm

This won't even be close. Bulls for both. Easier conference, better defense, deeper team.
Mikey111690
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#26 » by Mikey111690 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:30 pm

1. Clippers
2. Bulls

I don't see the Clippers making the WCF while I do the see the Bulls making the ECF.
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#27 » by Flopper » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:51 pm

The Clippers are a more talented team, have a little more continuity, and fewer injury concerns with their core players. Blake looks poised to take another step forward and be a serious candidate to win the MVP this year (especially with KD out for a couple months).

The Bulls have a lot of new and young players being added to the rotation, plus issues with Rose rounding back into form, and Noah's lingering knee issues from surgery over the summer (I'm more worried about Noah at this point). I fully expect a slow start to the season for them.

So despite the stronger conference, I think the Clippers will have the better regular season record and possibly a higher seed. I think both teams have a an equally good chance of being eliminated in the second round, but the Clippers won't be as much of an underdog against their likely conference final opponent as the Bulls would be against the Cavs. So a slight edge for the Clippers on this one too.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#28 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Clippers are the much better team but Chicago plays in the JV league so they will have more wins and make it deeper in the playoffs.
KyletheDingbat
Veteran
And1: 1,656

Post#29 » by KyletheDingbat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Clippers. CP3 is going to have a career year. After that OKC travesty I think the Clips bounce back and win it all.
consultant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#30 » by consultant » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:53 pm

I don't think either team makes the finals. The Bulls will struggle against Lebron like they always have and the Clippers still don't play any D. In terms of regular season wins - probably the Bulls because they play in the east and Thibs treats every game like game 7.

The Bulls have a lot more unknowns though, particularly Rose's health and the play of their rookies. You have to at least entertain the possibility that Rose won't make it through the season.
Purch
Veteran

Post#31 » by Purch » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:17 pm

KyletheDingbat wrote:Clippers. CP3 is going to have a career year. After that OKC travesty I think the Clips bounce back and win it all.

If the clips win it all, it'll be much more about Blake taking the next step, than Paul having some type of bounce back year. IMO, Blake has already clearly surpassed Paul in terms of impact
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,717

Post#32 » by HotRocks34 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Clips. Especially with Durant out now, I think they have a great shot at WCF. So do the Bulls (ECF), but the Clips are just a better team than Chicago, IMO.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#33 » by PDX MM » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Clippers x2
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Post#34 » by og15 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:50 pm

Purch wrote:
KyletheDingbat wrote:Clippers. CP3 is going to have a career year. After that OKC travesty I think the Clips bounce back and win it all.

If the clips win it all, it'll be much more about Blake taking the next step, than Paul having some type of bounce back year. IMO, Blake has already clearly surpassed Paul in terms of impact
No, not yet for Blake, they are about equal, Blake was behind Paul, Durant and Westbrook in the OKC series, but if the Clips win it all it will likely be about being a much improved defensive and rebounding team.
Purch
Veteran

Post#35 » by Purch » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:21 pm

IMO, last seasons Griffin was better than every version of Paul outside of 07-09, but you're right, the defense of the clips was worse than under VDN if I remember correctly.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,095

Post#36 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:31 pm

I think Blake has taken a real next step, but the East is pretty easy to go through, and the Bulls have the best frontcourt in the conference. I really like Noah and Gibson guarding the perimeter and playing in the paint on offense, allowing Gasol to guard the paint and block shots and also play in the high post on offense, where he thrives. If Rose is just good then they are a tough out in the East. And I don't feel comfortable crowning the Cavs (the only other real contender) until they get another C or TT proves he can play it. AV will get hurt at some point.

The Clips will be very tough, but the West is obnoxiously difficult to get through. And I think OKC still outs them in 7 if they see each other again. As well as the the Spurs. Then it gets tough with Dallas, Portland, maybe Houston. I just see the Bulls with an easier road and a similarly talented team.
Purch
Veteran

Post#37 » by Purch » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:01 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think Blake has taken a real next step, but the East is pretty easy to go through, and the Bulls have the best frontcourt in the conference. I really like Noah and Gibson guarding the perimeter and playing in the paint on offense, allowing Gasol to guard the paint and block shots and also play in the high post on offense, where he thrives. If Rose is just good then they are a tough out in the East. And I don't feel comfortable crowning the Cavs (the only other real contender) until they get another C or TT proves he can play it. AV will get hurt at some point.

The Clips will be very tough, but the West is obnoxiously difficult to get through. And I think OKC still outs them in 7 if they see each other again. As well as the the Spurs. Then it gets tough with Dallas, Portland, maybe Houston. I just see the Bulls with an easier road and a similarly talented team.

Similar thoughts on my end
lukeman89
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#38 » by lukeman89 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:01 pm

chris paul chokes when the pressure is on, blake and deandre can't shoot free throws. bulls will have a deeper playoff run
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,449

Post#39 » by Mk0 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Doesn't matter how good the Clips are. In the west a high seed always the chance to be bounced in the 1st round.

Its always about match ups.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Post#40 » by og15 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:39 pm

lukeman89 wrote:chris paul chokes when the pressure is on, blake and deandre can't shoot free throws. bulls will have a deeper playoff run

Well at least you got one thing right, yes, DJ can't shoot FT's

Return to The General Board