Suns owner apologizes to fans for Spurs benching players

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,417

Re: Suns owner apologizes to fans for Spurs benching players 

Post#101 » by JonFromVA » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:26 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:Anyone who buys preseason tix for a nba game should expect:

big name players, especially vets will play about half the game or not even suit up at all.

10th through 15h men to play big chunks of minutes ams want to gauge thei play agaist nba caliber alent

There is a reason why its called preseason. Do fans expect the starters to play 30+ minutes. I mean, there are times when it happens, but I think its more exception than the rule when it happens in PS.

Sarver did a great gesture fo the fans, but he did not even need to say anything about who was playing. Hell, he guy couldve walked out and said thank you for coming we hae a gift for everyone who came today.

Everyone knows how this works, but Pops didn't even show up to the game to the endure the blowout he created. He keeps pushing the bounds of what's best for his team .vs. giving the fans (and networks) what they've paid for.
Purch
Veteran
And1: 2,053

Post#102 » by Purch » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

big name players, especially vets will play about half the game or not even suit up at all.

10th through 15h men to play big chunks of minutes ams want to gauge thei play agaist nba caliber alent

There is a reason why its called preseason. Do fans expect the starters to play 30+ minutes. I mean, there are times when it happens, but I think its more exception than the rule when it happens in PS.

Sarver did a great gesture fo the fans, but he did not even need to say anything about who was playing. Hell, he guy couldve walked out and said thank you for coming we hae a gift for everyone who came today.

Everyone knows how this works, but Pops didn't even show up to the game to the endure the blowout he created. He keeps pushing the bounds of what's best for his team .vs. giving the fans (and networks) what they've paid for.

And instead Fans got to witness Mennsia, one of the greatest European coaches in history
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,160

Post#103 » by druggas » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Purch wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

And instead Fans got to witness Mennsia, one of the greatest European coaches in history

They didn't pay to see him. They paid to see stars, not some scrub coach.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#104 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:08 pm

eh its preseason .Can we get to the REGULAR SEASON already.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#105 » by ChosunX » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:17 pm

druggas wrote:
Purch wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

They didn't pay to see him. They paid to see stars, not some scrub coach.

Is David Blatt a scrub coach?
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,043

Post#106 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:37 pm

druggas wrote:They didn't pay to see him. They paid to see stars, not some scrub coach.

Do some research...
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#107 » by realfung » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Well, some people may like to watch more Patty Mills or Diaw, lol.
Of course thou, stars are wanted

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Purch
Veteran
And1: 2,053

Post#108 » by Purch » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Lol scrub coach

Return to The General Board