Blake Griffin Frustrated With The Cheap Shots.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Re: Blake Griffin Frustrated With The Cheap Shots. 

Post#141 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Griffin rigging games to steal wins has been a part of his M.O., and he almost gets away with it. Except for this one time:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMxi870aRw4[/youtube]

That ejection nearly got him traded to the New York Knicks for Carmelo Anthony. The talks were indeed happening, but they happened too internally, and right after Griffin producing three 30+ PTS games in a row: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... hony-trade

If Griffin does snap and do the things everybody on this thread wants to see, we could have a Malice At The Palace 2.0.
TrueChampion
Junior
And1: 37

Post#142 » by TrueChampion » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:06 pm

QRich3 wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:So in your eyes Blake is the innocent little boy he plays in post game press conferences? lol

Jesus, is that all you took from what I said? no wonder y'all fall for all this evil floppers narratives, you're actively looking for heroes and villains.

Everybody flops, your favorite player flops, your whole team flops, and all of the guys you play against flop. Everybody takes cheap shots at some point, and everybody will trip their grandma if it gives them a better chance to win. Some media will shine a light on some players to sell some kind of good/evil narrative, like they did when the corrupt big three plotted for years to go to Miami, and y'all will fall for it like the simple minded boys you are. Then they'll sell you Lebron's redemption cause he really wants to go back home, and you'll buy it all over again. The same way the spotlight gets on Paul and Griffin's flopping like they're the only ones doing it, or Harden not playing defense like he's the only guy doing it. I don't even know why I'm bothering tbh.

I completely agree with your sentiment, but I do think you're giving Griffin and Paul a pass here that they dont deserve. I've never seen the blatant, absolutely contact free spinning, falling, flailing, head grabbing, writhing in pain antics in 20 years of watching basketball that I've seen from these 2 players. I think there is a line between 'flopping' in the traditional sense (exaggerating contact on a charge call, yelling when you're hacked driving to the basket) and the completely made up, fabricated contact, or the pulling other guys to the ground or wrapping guys up to get calls on them that you see from these 2 players. The latter group of antics is just plain dirty and can cause injury, and for that I will never be a fan of this Clippers team
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Post#143 » by og15 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Sure, he should be frustrated. He plays an aggressive game, he dunks on people, he pushes people, he annoys other players, he even flops, and then guys hit him, a lot. He gets hit more than any other player except Dwight. Dwight gets hit more while on the ground while Blake gets hit more while going full speed to the basket or about to jump in the air with momentum, so it's obviously going to look worse.

With guys like Ibaka and Randolph and all the like, there's no "good guy" or "bad guy" stuff, these are guys who are frustrated with each other, or just adrenaline charged and sometimes it plays out poorly. There are few NBA situations like that where just one person is at fault.

Also with the flopping, Blake flops, he needs to stop it, but he really he didn't flop last season, though of course people are on the look out for him to flop now, so anything is a flop for him now, that's what happens when you get any sort of reputation. That said, of course everyone knows (I hope) that flopping isn't relegated to one team or one player. Sadly most of these guys actually adopt flopping as part of their NBA learning experience. Floppers do win in the NBA, ask SA and Miami.

Is Blake dirty? I don't really see much evidence for that, but that doesn't mean he's never done anything we could consider "dirty" before. Pushing Morris for example was unnecessary and uncalled for. Would he do it again? Nope, he doesn't go our trying to push guys in the air. Dirty is a characteristic. There's a difference between making a dirty play and being a dirty player. The stuff with Ibaka,there's no innocent party there. These clips are the culmination of players interactions over a whole game, similar to the Booker one. Blake's reaction wasn't specifically because of the foul, but because they had been having some tussles all game, and when that happens, the assumption is made that anything done is now intentional. Booker wasn't trying to hit him in the face or anything, just trying to stop the easy basket, but hands hit the wrong places all the time and an overreaction ensues.

On the other hand, Blake is also an instigator. Most times unintentionally with just being physical and pushing, but sometimes intentionally, usually when there has been some reaction and he's still thinking he's the innocent party and then he does things like tangle some arms or whatever other nonsense. The narrative is that guys are taking him out of his game, but I'm not really sure about that. He himself tends to get under other players skin because he plays with a lot of brute strength and physicality and he still dunks on you and he's not scrub. This pretty much sums it up:
Why do people seem to get into it with you so much on the court?
I like to play physical, and I'm a big guy, and I think sometimes—maybe sometimes I am pushing somebody and I don't realize how hard I'm pushing them. And then they do it back, and it's kind of like, "Jeez!" You know what I mean? It looks worse because it's kind of almost like their reaction to me. And then at the same time, sometimes I'm like, okay, maybe it's just because I'm big and I play physical.

You're pushing guys, but you don't think it is that hard, while they are annoyed by it thinking you're being a jerk. They react and then you are wondering what is wrong with them and why they are reacting like that. Then it sometimes just continues to escalate from there.

So should he go fight someone? No, it doesn't accomplish anything. Doesn't matter whether he's a good or bad fighter or random made up assumptions as to which NBA players are tough and which ones are soft as tissue paper and all that irrelevant nonsense. Basketball doesn't benefit from fighting, and the only real option you have in basketball if you have any ounce of self control is to be a "fake tough guy". No "real tough guy" is going to be in the league very long, and 95% of the time, guys aren't going to be so out of control that they just start wildly firing punches. That's when keeping it real goes wrong.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#144 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Hold me back!
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#145 » by Nyk4lyfe » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:53 pm

michaelc204 wrote:
HeartBreaking wrote:Blake pussy. Im 5'10 165 pounds and would destroy him 1 on 1 in League of Legends

Fixed that for you

LMAOOOO
SenZu
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#146 » by SenZu » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Griffin rigging games to steal wins has been a part of his M.O., and he almost gets away with it. Except for this one time:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMxi870aRw4[/youtube]

That ejection nearly got him traded to the New York Knicks for Carmelo Anthony. The talks were indeed happening, but they happened too internally, and right after Griffin producing three 30+ PTS games in a row: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... hony-trade

If Griffin does snap and do the things everybody on this thread wants to see, we could have a Malice At The Palace 2.0.

That was one of the most BS ejections I've ever seen. The first technical came from an elbow he received
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR2Ehl4in74[/youtube]

and the second technical was his jersey being pulled.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#147 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:39 am

QRich3 wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:So in your eyes Blake is the innocent little boy he plays in post game press conferences? lol

Jesus, is that all you took from what I said? no wonder y'all fall for all this evil floppers narratives, you're actively looking for heroes and villains.

Everybody flops, your favorite player flops, your whole team flops, and all of the guys you play against flop. Everybody takes cheap shots at some point, and everybody will trip their grandma if it gives them a better chance to win. Some media will shine a light on some players to sell some kind of good/evil narrative, like they did when the corrupt big three plotted for years to go to Miami, and y'all will fall for it like the simple minded boys you are. Then they'll sell you Lebron's redemption cause he really wants to go back home, and you'll buy it all over again. The same way the spotlight gets on Paul and Griffin's flopping like they're the only ones doing it, or Harden not playing defense like he's the only guy doing it. I don't even know why I'm bothering tbh.

Nope. That's BS. GS Fan here....I've never seen Curry, Klay, Barners, Lee or Bogut flop. And let's not confuse the age old "and one" scream for a foul with what Wade, LeBron and Griffin are doing. Lee is the closet thing to a flopper on the Warriors but he's not close to the true floppers in the league.

So no...sorry...not everyone trys to cheat the game by acting out. Clippers have two of the worse in Blake and CP....and there are others like that....like Wade and LeBron...But for the most part ballers ball...and floppers like Blake and a handful of others are constantly flopping and trying to game the game.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
GoldenGoose
Pro Prospect
And1: 547

Post#148 » by GoldenGoose » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:56 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
QRich3 wrote:

Nope. That's BS. GS Fan here....I've never seen Curry, Klay, Barners, Lee or Bogut flop. And let's not confuse the age old "and one" scream for a foul with what Wade, LeBron and Griffin are doing. Lee is the closet thing to a flopper on the Warriors but he's not close to the true floppers in the league.

So no...sorry...not everyone trys to cheat the game by acting out. Clippers have two of the worse in Blake and CP....and there are others like that....like Wade and LeBron...But for the most part ballers ball...and floppers like Blake and a handful of others are constantly flopping and trying to game the game.

Steph has definitely flopped a fair few times..
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#149 » by NBAfan3024 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 am

But Jordan would get out the steel chair and stand over Bogut as time expires
Perkele
Senior
And1: 497

Post#150 » by Perkele » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:43 am

og15 wrote:

Is Blake dirty? I don't really see much evidence for that, but that doesn't mean he's never done anything we could consider "dirty" before. Pushing Morris for example was unnecessary and uncalled for. Would he do it again? Nope, he doesn't go our trying to push guys in the air. Dirty is a characteristic. There's a difference between making a dirty play and being a dirty player. The stuff with Ibaka,there's no innocent party there. These clips are the culmination of players interactions over a whole game, similar to the Booker one. Blake's reaction wasn't specifically because of the foul, but because they had been having some tussles all game, and when that happens, the assumption is made that anything done is now intentional. Booker wasn't trying to hit him in the face or anything, just trying to stop the easy basket, but hands hit the wrong places all the time and an overreaction ensues.

Partly I agree here, although I have to add that basically on almost every dunk atttempt he smashes his elbow right into the grill of the opposing player and never gets called for it. And as he does it so often, you could think that he does it on purpose. Scaring the opposing player that he won't even try to guard him on the next attempt. That's something he has to stop doing as it's a clear foul and he could easily injure the other player.

Return to The General Board