Knicks Evaluating Other Options At PF In Bargnani's Absence

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Knicks Evaluating Other Options At PF In Bargnani's Absence 

Post#1 » by Hero » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Per WT

The continued absence of Andrea Bargnani with a strained hamstring will allow the New York Knicks further opportunities to evaluate other options at power forward.

“He hasn’t been able to practice the last few days so it wouldn’t be smart to jeopardize him by putting him into game action tomorrow,” Derek Fisher said of Bargnani after the Knicks practiced for the fourth straight day Sunday in Greenburgh. “We’ve mixed the groups up a lot and we have some different guys in the frontcourt at times, different guys in the backcourt, so we’ll kind of reassess who has been effective this week and try to put a good lineup together.”

Quincy Acy has started the past three contests, but Fisher indicated Saturday that Jason Smith also is pushing for a starting spot.

I thought this was a terrible trade for the Knicks and it is turning out to be that way. Not only has he not been great on the floor but he also hasn't been able to stay healthy.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,000

Re: Knicks Evaluating Other Options At PF In Bargnani's Cont 

Post#2 » by NinjaBro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Best trade ever in the history of the NBA.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Re: Knicks Evaluating Other Options At PF In Bargnani's Cont 

Post#3 » by goodboy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Rumor has it that he's still lost in gravity thus his absence is causing a world wide panic.
Bright
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Re: Knicks Evaluating Other Options At PF In Bargnani's Abse 

Post#4 » by loserX » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:26 pm

Future headline:

"Knicks Evaluating Other Options At PF In Bargnani's Presence"

:wink:
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#5 » by Canada_7 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Wasn't aware Quincy Acy got moved to NY.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#6 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:31 pm

loserX wrote:Future headline:

"Knicks Evaluating Other Options At PF In Bargnani's Presence"

:wink:

Or even
"Bargnani Evaluating Other Careers in His Absence"
since he should..
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,123

Post#7 » by JDR720 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:34 pm

at least he tried....kinda
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#8 » by Hero » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 pm

The Knicks have about 55 million in payroll for Melo, Stat and Bargs this year . :o
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,340

Post#9 » by Scalabrine » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:38 pm

He had a few good games but I just don't see a place for him. He needs shots, and hes just not good at making them. He has the skills of a SF but the speed and body type of a C. He is actually a pretty good post defender, and he blocks shots occasionally, but I thought he was particularly exposed in our non-sensical switch on everything defense. He was constantly confused and late on switches and can't guard anyone thats fast then him on the perimeter.

We have no choice but to give him another chance, in a system that doesnt just expose him completely, but I think hes more of a backup C at this point and should only play limited PF minutes. Much more comfortable with Amare, Acy, Smith, Melo all playing the bulk of the PF minutes and then him and Outlaw occasionally.
Go Knicks!
Albanian Damien
Starter
And1: 639

Post#10 » by Albanian Damien » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:41 pm

JDR720 wrote:Image
at least he tried....kinda

the sad part is he might have been playing the best defense on that possession :lol:
My Starting 5:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Paul Pierce
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Patrick Ewing
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#11 » by Scalabrine » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:43 pm

We gave them an unprotected pick to essentially get out of Novaks contract. I dont really care about Bargnanis contract, I'm not paying him. It expires when the majority of our other deals expire. I would hope that our coaching staff will play who deserves to play, and not who makes the most money. The saddest part is, thats not even the worst trade this decade the Knicks have made.
Go Knicks!
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#12 » by Valard » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:22 am

Prior to the following I admit I am a raptors fan:

I went into the Bargnani experience with an open mind and felt after three years that there was something positive there. He showed flashes on the offensive end, in particular his stroke and his passing. Despite his struggles as a team defender his post defense was passable. It was clear he would never become a 'good' or even 'average' defensive player, but even as a 'meh' defender his offense had a chance to make him solid.

The Raptors pushed to try and improve his back to the basket game but his post arsenal looked like Forrest Gump dry heaving amidst a seizure with the results being equally as ugly.

During the time that he was working on his post game the rest of his game regressed tremendously and his jumpshot completely abandoned him.

As the fans got more and more down on him he just seemed to care less and less.

I never in a million years thought ANYONE would be dumb enough to trade for him. Cue the Knicks.

From everything I saw, read, watched, etc.... he just never seemed to care.

The Knicks are absolutely right to try and find someone else to put in at the PF spot. It's crazy to think that Quincy Acy is going to be the starter considering he just came from two different teams that could barely find him minutes. He isn't an nba starter and struggles at best to currently be a contributor off the bench (I am actually an Acy fan and hope that I eat crow for this). The fact that the Knicks want to start this guy and at the same time have hopes of being a playoff team and or contenders just points to delusion.

At this point I would play a lineup consisting of Calderon, Shumpert, Hardaway Jr, Melo, and Dalembert.
nrockwaychicago
Pro Prospect
And1: 719

Post#13 » by nrockwaychicago » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:25 am

So is Amare done playing 25mpg? Dude has still been productive even tho he's a shell of his former self
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#14 » by Bankai » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 am

Scalabrine wrote: He has the skills of a SF but the speed and body type of a C.

Imo he has more of the skills of a traditional SG and the body of a C. I didnt like Bargnani's game cause I always said he is not only a walking mismatch for the other team, but for his own team. He doesent play like a big man, he doesent play inside-out like a stretch PF and he is too big to play his strict perimeter game. The more you try to fit him in a spot somewhere, the more you realize, he doesent have a proper place at all. Like fitting a square peg in a round hole.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#15 » by will » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:37 am

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#16 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:51 am

The Knicks frontcourt is truly awful, specifically their 4's and 5's. Amare and Bargs are the definition of shells of themselves, and they both were far from all around quality players to begin with. Smith and Daly are role players at best, and Acy, who I'm sorry, is only a rotational guy as well. There's really no starting talent there at all, tons of injury issues, and hardly any defense. Smith might be the best guy, only because he busts his ass every second he's on the court.

The Knicks will have money to spend next offseason, but they need to spend it completely on a new set of 4's and 5's...preferably good ones. Eh...what a mess.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,189

Post#17 » by tsherkin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 am

Many thanks to the Knicks for that absurd trade. Bargs is a waste of skin; good for NY, moving on.
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#18 » by Scalabrine » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:01 am

digitaldropoff wrote:The Knicks frontcourt is truly awful, specifically their 4's and 5's. Amare and Bargs are the definition of shells of themselves, and they both were far from all around quality players to begin with. Smith and Daly are role players at best, and Acy, who I'm sorry, is only a rotational guy as well. There's really no starting talent there at all, tons of injury issues, and hardly any defense. Smith might be the best guy, only because he busts his ass every second he's on the court.

The Knicks will have money to spend next offseason, but they need to spend it completely on a new set of 4's and 5's...preferably good ones. Eh...what a mess.

Honestly, I think Cole Aldrich needs to get minutes. He has really improved since he first got here. He has great hands, a solid paint protector, and hes tough and aggressive. I think there are too many vets on contract years for him to really get minutes, which sucks, because I think the Knicks are better with him. silver lining is that next year, he probably wont be that coveted, and the Knicks can get him on a smaller deal.

I really hope that, if the season goes how many on this forum think it will, that some guys are released and we try out some of our younger players.
Go Knicks!
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#19 » by majortom71 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:02 am

PJ has his hands full cleaning up the mess that was left for him.
Might take a while to get it turned around.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#20 » by Wonderllama » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 am

Cleanthony Early is like 6''8', right? Screw it... put him in there!!!

Return to The General Board