If your teams gets beat by the 76ers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,383

Re: If your teams gets beat by the 76ers 

Post#61 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:14 pm

They have beaten the Heat last season so it is possible.
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
ratrac
Sixth Man
And1: 706

Post#62 » by ratrac » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Edrees wrote:When was the last time a team you think is going to be the worst team is actually the worst? It won't happen every year someone thinks they are so smart making fun of the worst team then it turns out there are two or three teams worse than that one. 76ers won't have the worst record.

I believe we'll be the worst team, but not as bad as some people are hoping for. Something around 16 wins.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#63 » by ckchen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 pm

PDX MM wrote:The players are not trying to lose on purpose I will give you that but the front office is a different story. Overall the goal was to have the worst record possible and that is not a sign of a winning mentality. If phrases like the one I used makes you mad I suggest you express that toward the team and not people like me who only call it like we see it.

I don't care that if their record is bad this year, that's not the point. It people and media who use phrases like "trying to lose" and I believe you said earlier "For a team that didn't want to win" that upsets me. I know they won't win a lot of games, but using phrases like that (and I'm not singling you out, it's virtually everyone in this thread and every so-called reporter/writer out there) is just misrepresentative of what is happening. At no time last season did you see a team that was intentionally trying to lose. Hopelessly outmatched? Perhaps. Definitely overmatched on most nights, I'll give you that and will agree it will likely happen again. But the implication that the team (not just but the players, but the coaches, etc.) are not trying win is what's insulting.

Honestly, the way that some people talk it's as if they've never heard the phrase taking one step back to take two steps forward. Or the idea of a strategic retreat. If the team was marginally better and won 22 games instead of 19, is that "developing a winning mentality" - what does that even mean? Does that just mean....you have to win in order to have a winning mentality? Are you telling me that every team that has a losing season is slowly developing a losing mentality? Does every kid in a little league team that has a losing season developing a losing mentality? Or if they don't win, are they not developing a "winning mentality"? That statement alone is ridiculous.

As long as everyone is aware of the plan, even if it is long-term, then it shouldn't have the effect you're talking about. In fact, I would hazard to say, that knowingly going into the season aware that your record will not be good, is better for team mentality/morale than expecting to win and still losing. What's better, knowing you're going to lose a lot of games and having a 19 win season (Sixers) - or thinking you're a playoff team and then having a 16 win season (Bucks). Which is actually more damaging to the psyche or team morale?
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,699

Post#64 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:38 pm

I feel the same way I feel when every other team beats Orlando, irritated!!!
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#65 » by LloydFree » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:31 am

Biased_Fan6425 wrote:They have beaten the Heat last season so it is possible.

Beat the Heat twice last season. Once after trading those Hall of famer's, Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes. :D
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#66 » by LloydFree » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:44 am

Warspite wrote:I think I would pay to watch 76ers vs U of Kentucky

Beat a full strength Pistons squad last year too... after trading Hawes and Turner. :D
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#67 » by 42uptop » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 am

Foots Walker wrote:
42uptop wrote:The Sixers beat 3 playoff teams at the start of last season. Upsets happen all the time.

They also had more NBA-level talent at that point in time.

Not at all. Turner and Mbah a Moute are a wash, Hawes and Sims are a wash, Thad is definitely better than Noel right now but not by some insane amount. All of our young players last year are now a year older and are showing improvement. The Sixers should win about the same number of games as last year.
I speak the truth.
Foots Walker
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#68 » by Foots Walker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:17 am

42uptop wrote:
Foots Walker wrote:
42uptop wrote:The Sixers beat 3 playoff teams at the start of last season. Upsets happen all the time.

They also had more NBA-level talent at that point in time.

Not at all. Turner and Mbah a Moute are a wash, Hawes and Sims are a wash, Thad is definitely better than Noel right now but not by some insane amount. All of our young players last year are now a year older and are showing improvement. The Sixers should win about the same number of games as last year.

I've seen Henry Simms and Spencer Hawes play on my team. Hawes is on another level from Simms. He at least has things that he's good at. He can shoot threes and pass very well. He's also good for a big rebounding game every now and again.

I don't remember anything that Simms did well.
jmnvcavs
Rookie
And1: 947

Post#69 » by jmnvcavs » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:48 am

76ers
76 wins THE DREAM
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#70 » by 42uptop » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:05 am

Foots Walker wrote:
I've seen Henry Simms and Spencer Hawes play on my team. Hawes is on another level from Simms. He at least has things that he's good at. He can shoot threes and pass very well. He's also good for a big rebounding game every now and again.

I've also seen them play for my team. Hawes was a horrible defensive player who would stand out on the perimeter and launch threes all game. Sims was much better than Hawes for the Sixers last year. Better defender, better rebounder, more physical, stronger, etc. Hawes was a better shooter but why would you want your center shooting threes all game? Check out Sims' production after that trade.
I speak the truth.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#71 » by contract » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:43 am

JWizmentality wrote:Well, they aren't going to go 0-82.

They should.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
sixersblue
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#72 » by sixersblue » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:54 am

my team? Yes the sixers beaten by the 76ers.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#73 » by Young_Star11 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:31 am

Houston lost to them last year, admittedly at the start of the season where they won the odd game. Can't happen this year, though Houston tends to struggle to win over there.
Cycklops
Sixth Man
And1: 2,080

Post#74 » by Cycklops » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:10 am

Call the Sixers up afterwards and tell them there was a scoreboard error and they should've actually lost. I'll bet that, after a few seconds of thought, they'll agree to this.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#75 » by shangrila » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:28 am

I would immediately begin my plan for world destruction. Because clearly life is no longer worthy of existing.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#76 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Then I would wake up.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#77 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:21 pm

JesusHCoxMd wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Well, they aren't going to go 0-82.

Tread lightly, I've said the same about Heat not losing in 5, look what happened.

Yeah, but the Sixers aren't playing the Spurs every night lol.
Foots Walker
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#78 » by Foots Walker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:33 pm

42uptop wrote:
Foots Walker wrote:

I've also seen them play for my team. Hawes was a horrible defensive player who would stand out on the perimeter and launch threes all game. Sims was much better than Hawes for the Sixers last year. Better defender, better rebounder, more physical, stronger, etc. Hawes was a better shooter but why would you want your center shooting threes all game? Check out Sims' production after that trade.

I also saw Hawes play on my team and I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe a change of scenery was what he needed.

Return to The General Board