Some Love for the Marksman Kyle Korver

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,841

Re: Some Love for the Marksman Kyle Korver 

Post#41 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:46 am

Still have my Kyle Korver Sixers Jersey. Has been my favorite player since his rookie year. He would come off the bench and zumoff would say "give me some of that instant Korver!" Every time he hit a 3. Good times.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#42 » by kingkirk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:01 am

What is even more insane is that he is getting better as he ages. The dude is 33 now. He shouldn't be doing this.

Not only is his shooting improving, but his all round game has continued to grow i.e. his defense.

This is the guy i miss the most as a former Bull. Gordon, Deng, Asik, i don't care, this guy is in the absolute elite in terms of shooting not only in this league, but all time.

Like Korver, the entire Hawks team need more love. From Teague to Budenholzer, they're playing extremely well with a top 10 offense and defense this season.
Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Post#43 » by Amish Mafioso » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:06 am

He needs to find his way back to Utah.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#44 » by nomorezorro » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:08 am

i would love to have him on my team but it's not like someone would just give away a guy like this for free ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#45 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:09 am

He is amazing. Not a big name star, but has some of the most amazing numbers you'll see, and keeps it up at his age. Traded for a copier.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#46 » by Bertrob » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:24 pm

This dude is a straight up killer. Especially of the Celtics. Few players make me more scared
Muizha
Junior
And1: 220

Post#47 » by Muizha » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:52 pm

amcfad27 wrote:Image

Thumbs down for this post. As a fellow Bulls fan you should now that Korver is actually pretty average on defense :noway:
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#48 » by Freefloater » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:11 pm

I hope morey will find his way to snag him on his way to the title
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
GinWeary
Senior
And1: 345

Post#49 » by GinWeary » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Korver is an awesome player. Loved him when he was on the Bulls. Wish we still had him. Dunleavy and McDermott combined doesn't come close to equaling Korver. And as others have brought up, he has turned in to a reliable defender, which some of that should be credited to his hard work and being around Thibs for a few seasons.
“Fortunately, there is gin, the sole glimmer in this darkness.Do you feel the golden, copper-coloured light it kindles in you? I like walking through the city of an evening in the warmth of gin.” – Albert Camus
tonegully757
Senior
And1: 177

Post#50 » by tonegully757 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:10 pm

As a Hawks fan everytime he shoots I expect it to go again. To not be considered a star or superstar this guys draws so much attention when he gets the ball its ridiculous he isnt an allstar. His defense has improved dramatically also. He is the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#51 » by -Sammy- » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:36 pm

I have always dug Korver's game. Way underrated, just as others here have already said.

And now, for your entertainment, check out this hilariously awkward interview with him from 2008. Pretty sure this reporter was trying to get into the Korver family. A smashed-purse sandwich would certainly do it for me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lozzsC6uQY[/youtube]
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,253

Post#52 » by pr0wler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:53 pm

I'm sure teams are doing their best to maximize their talents, but how come a frail guy with limited athleticism like Richard Hamilton could score 20 PPG while Korver is in the low teens? Didn't Rip just come off screens for a majority of his offense? Why can't Kyle, who is a superior shooter, put up more volume if he's worked in as a #2 option?
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#53 » by Kabookalu » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:05 pm

pr0wler wrote:I'm sure teams are doing their best to maximize their talents, but how come a frail guy with limited athleticism like Richard Hamilton could score 20 PPG while Korver is in the low teens? Didn't Rip just come off screens for a majority of his offense? Why can't Kyle, who is a superior shooter, put up more volume if he's worked in as a #2 option?

Richard Hamilton is a unique athlete. He's not a spectacular one if we're talking in terms of fluidity and quickness, but he had the stamina of a horse. He wakes up and jogs 4 miles every single day, and that's not even taking into account practices that he'll have later on in the day. Richard Hamilton could be one of the team's leading scoring options because he has the endurance for it. He can play the last minute of the game just like it's the first without being winded. After going through a myriad of screens like Hamilton did on a regular basis most guys would be panting and holding onto their knees. Hamilton didn't break a sweat.

Don't know if Korver can do that, he's never really had a larger role in the offense than the one he has now so we can't prove he can't, but I doubt it. Not many players have the stamina of a Richard Hamilton.
Read on Twitter
Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Post#54 » by Bubstubbler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Waiters for Korver would be fun to see as a Cavs fan

Irving
Korver
LeBron
Love
Varejao
Nyphantom
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,248

Post#55 » by Nyphantom » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Mark K wrote:What is even more insane is that he is getting better as he ages. The dude is 33 now. He shouldn't be doing this.

Not only is his shooting improving, but his all round game has continued to grow i.e. his defense.

This is the guy i miss the most as a former Bull. Gordon, Deng, Asik, i don't care, this guy is in the absolute elite in terms of shooting not only in this league, but all time.

Like Korver, the entire Hawks team need more love. From Teague to Budenholzer, they're playing extremely well with a top 10 offense and defense this season.

It really makes no sense how he's having the best year of his career at his oldest... at the wing position.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#56 » by packforfreedom » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:36 pm

He's also shooting 65.6% from the corner!

that is 65.6% on this particular three point shot, which equals almost 2 points per shot, so this is basically as effective as an open layup !!!

Kyle Corner, Ladies and Gentleman

additional Kyle Korver fun-fact:

his 3P% in the fourth quarter is 73%
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#57 » by chrismikayla » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:23 am

He played well and made four threes against his former team tonight. Like someone said earlier it's amazing how he can shoot so well when it appears he is off balance.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#58 » by chrismikayla » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:32 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:I have always dug Korver's game. Way underrated, just as others here have already said.

And now, for your entertainment, check out this hilariously awkward interview with him from 2008. Pretty sure this reporter was trying to get into the Korver family. A smashed-purse sandwich would certainly do it for me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lozzsC6uQY[/youtube]
:lol: I remember his parents being interviewed when he broke the consecutive games with a made three streak. They stated he is VERY understated and HATES the spotlight and was just relieved it was over with.
[gfycat][/gfycat]

Return to The General Board