Woj: Hornets Struggling To Find Deals For Lance Stephenson

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: Woj: Charlotte Discussing Lance Trade With Indiana 

Post#21 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Clippers should trade for him
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,274

Post#22 » by laploutocratie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Cleveland should look into packaging Dion and pieces for Lance.
☘ x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#23 » by LloydFree » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:36 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:
Pan Jia Yuan wrote:Same old Bobcats...
a) committing $30M on a potential franchise piece
b) trade him after 20 games

B means A wouldn't happen. They would've only paid him about $2.25m of the $27m before trading him.

Stop making sense. Math is not welcome on the general board.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect
And1: 884

Post#24 » by StaticRoar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Charlotte's really giving up on Lance so soon? Just get some good stretch 4s who can shoot the three, and they're a playoff team again. Letting McBob go was their biggest mistake, not signing Lance.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#25 » by Vae Victus » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Clippers should try to engineer a 3 way deal.

LAC gets
Lance Stephenson

IND gets
Expiring
CJ Wilcox?

3rd team Contender gets
Jamal Crawford or Matt Barnes
maybe a 2nd rounder?

Clips get their future 6th man, Ind gets out of the contract, get some young talent, and a headache, 3rd team gets a veteran 6th man.
Dubeta
Banned User
And1: 221

Post#26 » by Dubeta » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Walmart wrote:
Dubeta wrote:
Walmart wrote:If I were the Clippers I would take a chance on Stephenson, they are in win now mode and I think there are enough veterans on that team for it to work.

cp3 needs more help? The dude has a top 3 coach, best pf, top 10 sg, best shooter, best defending center, championship vets, great defenders, youth and good shooters. That team is stacked enough as it is.

I think you are overrating some people and underrating some factors.

1. In what's basically an eight man rotation, two of the guys they are giving major minutes to (Crawford and Barnes) will both be 35 early next year.
2. Clippers are not a good defensive team this year.
3. The Reddick trade was only good enough to get them to the 2nd round and that's the ceiling for this current roster.
4. Who are the championship vets? Glen Davis and Turkoglu?

no excuses.
Pan Jia Yuan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,859

Post#27 » by Pan Jia Yuan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:44 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:

B means A wouldn't happen. They would've only paid him about $2.25m of the $27m before trading him.

You get my point tho, don't you?
I'm still not sure how to judge this situation:
a) good FO because they quickly realized their mistake
b) bad FO because make a hasty judgement by trying to trade him

I don't know it, you don't know it, hell even they don't know it.

But then again, you'd have to relativize a) because they still made the decision to sign him for nearly $30M.
As I said: you get my point, don't you?
I've come to the conclusion that most folks don't really care that you broke one of the rules... they just enjoy telling you that you broke it.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#28 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:44 pm

StaticRoar wrote:Charlotte's really giving up on Lance so soon? Just get some good stretch 4s who can shoot the three, and they're a playoff team again. Letting McBob go was their biggest mistake, not signing Lance.

Stephenson needs a 4 who can hit 3's to keep him from going 8-48 from deep?
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
GoldSwagger
Junior
And1: 233

Post#29 » by GoldSwagger » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Vae Victus wrote:Clippers should try to engineer a 3 way deal.

LAC gets
Lance Stephenson

IND gets
Expiring
CJ Wilcox?

3rd team Contender gets
Jamal Crawford or Matt Barnes
maybe a 2nd rounder?

Clips get their future 6th man, Ind gets out of the contract, get some young talent, and a headache, 3rd team gets a veteran 6th man.

That's crap.
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect
And1: 884

Post#30 » by StaticRoar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:53 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
StaticRoar wrote:Charlotte's really giving up on Lance so soon? Just get some good stretch 4s who can shoot the three, and they're a playoff team again. Letting McBob go was their biggest mistake, not signing Lance.

The shots will fall once Hornets can space the floor better and get better looks. And Jesus Christ, every post I see you make you're **** on the Hornets. You sound more like a hater instead of a fan.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#31 » by junot111 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:55 pm

I don't think they should give up on Lance. He has gone further in the playoffs than anyone else on the team. What they need to do is seriously reconsider building around the core of Kemba and Jefferson.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#32 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:55 pm

StaticRoar wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

The shots will fall once Hornets can space the floor better and get better looks. And Jesus Christ, every post I see you make you're **** on the Hornets. You sound more like a hater instead of a fan.

Nothing to really be a fan of right now. I'm a realist. Just about everyone on the team is terrible right now. If you call that being a hater than I guess Im a hater. haha.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,318

Post#33 » by Walmart » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:19 am

Dubeta wrote:
Walmart wrote:
Dubeta wrote:cp3 needs more help? The dude has a top 3 coach, best pf, top 10 sg, best shooter, best defending center, championship vets, great defenders, youth and good shooters. That team is stacked enough as it is.

I think you are overrating some people and underrating some factors.

1. In what's basically an eight man rotation, two of the guys they are giving major minutes to (Crawford and Barnes) will both be 35 early next year.
2. Clippers are not a good defensive team this year.
3. The Reddick trade was only good enough to get them to the 2nd round and that's the ceiling for this current roster.
4. Who are the championship vets? Glen Davis and Turkoglu?

no excuses.

What are you arguing against? Where did I say Chris Paul was the GOAT?
orange_juice32
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#34 » by orange_juice32 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:36 am

Walmart wrote:
What are you arguing against? Where did I say Chris Paul was the GOAT?

Strong manipulation of the facts to suit his agenda. Doc is not a top 3 coach. Griffin is the best PF. Redick is not a top 10 SG :lol: :lol: :lol: DJ is far from the best defensive center. Glen Davis is the only championship vet on this team.

Overall, I might agree with the general spirit of his post. In theory, this team has more than enough talent to go farther than they have.
catsfan
Junior
And1: 129

Post#35 » by catsfan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:45 am

3 way:

lance and biz to clips
deng and crawford to hornets
jordan to heat
Dmanning2
Senior
And1: 538

Post#36 » by Dmanning2 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:22 am

I don't see how Lance is a good fit for the Clippers? They are stacked at the SG in JJ reddick and the ball dominate Jamal Crawford?? Last thing they need is another ball dominate SG.
ohio wrote:mudiay is a better player... so is Okafor... what the hell was LA thinking
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#37 » by Froob » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:25 am

Lance is a POS, I'd never want that guy anywhere near my team. Pushing a pregnant women down the stairs is the lowest of the low.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#38 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:44 am

LloydFree wrote:
BlackOutBuzz wrote:

Stop making sense. Math is not welcome on the general board.

Well they only signed him for 2 years, $18M + a $9.405M TO, but they still committed to paying him that much. How much of that commitment they actually end up paying depends on when they trade him.
gipper08
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,830

Post#39 » by gipper08 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:46 am

Froob wrote:Lance is a POS, I'd never want that guy anywhere near my team. Pushing a pregnant women down the stairs is the lowest of the low.

A pregnant women? Wow thats twice. I heard about an alleged incident involving his girlfriend before his rookie year, but she was not pregnant.

If he did this again, this time to "pregnant women" then he needs to be banned for life and flogged.

Paul George allegedly offered a million dollars for his child to be killed.

In all seriousness, she was not pregnant and we don't know what happened. If he did it, and was convicted, he should be sentenced to prison. As should George for his crime.(if true)

But we don't know.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#40 » by kerry kittles » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:53 am

From the Won article "The Nets have talked with Charlotte on the possibility of a deal for Stephenson, a Brooklyn native, and have been scouring the league for intel on Stephenson, sources told Yahoo. Charlotte has had a willingness to consider center taking Brook Lopez, whom they nearly signed to an offer sheet in 2012, in a trade, league sources said. The two teams have exchanged ideas, but Brooklyn has been mostly spending time trying to investigate the risks and rewards of possible scenarios with Stephenson.

That would be so awesome if King could off Lopez for Lance + filler.

A starting lineup of DWill/Lance/Joe/Mirza/KG would be a great fit. You have shooters all over the court to open up driving lanes for Lance, plus some good passers to find him cutting off ball. He would also provide much needed athleticism, help on the boards, and the crowd would love having a local kid to embrace.

Return to The General Board