17/12/2014- Wednesday's Game Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

6rings4LeClutch
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Re: 17/12/2014- Wednesday's Game Thread 

Post#381 » by 6rings4LeClutch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:46 am

Someone used Hubie Brown to defend his fouls.
Let's Go Dubs!!!
blazertown7
Senior
And1: 355

Post#382 » by blazertown7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:48 am

6rings4LeClutch wrote:Someone used Hubie brown to defend his fouls.

Ya that happened.
Blazers
WWE
Movie Watcher

That Is All... Or At Least The Majority.
Guerilla713
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#383 » by Guerilla713 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:48 am

And he still has plenty of time to get his %s up to career averages. Like he did tonight shooting over 52%, despite the myths uninformed people make.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#384 » by DreDay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:49 am

Guerilla713 wrote:
blazertown7 wrote:
oaklandwarriors wrote:
Yeah seriously SMH, it's not like Harden kills it without FT's. That's his game.

Thats what I was trying to tell them. The players he compared them to aren't know for foul shots. Shaq is a dominant post player. Tim duncan is fundamentals. What is harden without free throws? A bad 3 point shooter? A guy that can Iso and get hot from time to time? Whatever I guess. Everyone who knows basketball and isn't just a highlight or points person knows what harden really is.

It doesn't matter what they are known for. What matters is that they still get to the line as much as, or more than Harden. And everyone that knows basketball knows who Harden really is? And I guess that is why Harden is an All NBA team member? Is that why he was selected to Team USA? That why GMs selected him as far and away the best SG in the game? Is that why coaches voted him to the all star team his first year in Houston. Your arguments are terrible bro. And it isn't just you. The people that try to say Harden is just a free throw shooter have the same lazy arguments.

Well the only thing he is truly efficient at is shooting/getting FT's... I don't see the problem here. It works for him so he does it. Doesn't really change that it's ugly basketball for many.
blazertown7
Senior

Post#385 » by blazertown7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 am

Guerilla713 wrote:
blazertown7 wrote:
Guerilla713 wrote:
Please, please, go research what you're talking about first. I don't know why fans just listen to myths and run with it like you are doing. No one said Harden doesn't flop. He wouldn't be the first superstar to flop either.

Tell me one star that flops to the degree that he does?

That's just too easy. Not even going to answer that. There are too many, especially from this and last generation.

Im waiting... nobody that is considered an mvp flops like him. But if their are tons list them.
Blazers
WWE
Movie Watcher

blazertown7
Senior

Post#386 » by blazertown7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:54 am

Guerilla713 wrote:And he still has plenty of time to get his %s up to career averages. Like he did tonight shooting over 52%, despite the myths uninformed people make.

My argument is he plays bad basketball and is over rated. I feel other guys are Better than him without needing to flop constantly. If u like watching him that is fine but to me it sucks and wont ever get a team far. I don't feel he is a top 5 player. Is that a controversial thing? Maybe I dont know but to me and alot of others he plays a bad style of basketball and is a bad example of what a basketball player should be.
Blazers
WWE
Movie Watcher

blazertown7
Senior

Post#387 » by blazertown7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 am

oaklandwarriors wrote:
Guerilla713 wrote:
blazertown7 wrote:Thats what I was trying to tell them. The players he compared them to aren't know for foul shots. Shaq is a dominant post player. Tim duncan is fundamentals. What is harden without free throws? A bad 3 point shooter? A guy that can Iso and get hot from time to time? Whatever I guess. Everyone who knows basketball and isn't just a highlight or points person knows what harden really is.

It doesn't matter what they are known for. What matters is that they still get to the line as much as, or more than Harden. And everyone that knows basketball knows who Harden really is? And I guess that is why Harden is an All NBA team member? Is that why he was selected to Team USA? That why GMs selected him as far and away the best SG in the game? Is that why coaches voted him to the all star team his first year in Houston. Your arguments are terrible bro. And it isn't just you. The people that try to say Harden is just a free throw shooter have the same lazy arguments.

Well the only thing he is truly efficient at is shooting/getting FT's... I don't see the problem here. It works for him so he does it. Doesn't really change that it's ugly basketball for many.

+1
Blazers
WWE
Movie Watcher

orange_juice32
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#388 » by orange_juice32 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:01 am

blazertown7 wrote:
Guerilla713 wrote:And he still has plenty of time to get his %s up to career averages. Like he did tonight shooting over 52%, despite the myths uninformed people make.

My argument is he plays bad basketball and is over rated. I feel other guys are Better than him without needing to flop constantly. If u like watching him that is fine but to me it sucks and wont ever get a team far. I don't feel he is a top 5 player. Is that a controversial thing? Maybe I dont know but to me and alot of others he plays a bad style of basketball and is a bad example of what a basketball player should be.

1. It's not bad basketball if it works. And he's not over-rated if there's thousands of fans that think of him exactly like you do.

2. Other guys are better than him on what scale? The whole league, or just his position? Do you feel he is the top SG? If not, then who.

3. As for Harden not being top 5... not mad at that at all. Some would have him up there, some wouldn't. IMO the top 5 is KD, AD, LBJ, Westbrook, Harden. But I wouldn't be mad if someone wanted to put Curry or Cousins in there too. Outside the top 3, they've all got flaws one way or another
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#389 » by DreDay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:06 am

orange_juice32 wrote:
blazertown7 wrote:

1. It's not bad basketball if it works. And he's not over-rated if there's thousands of fans that think of him exactly like you do.

2. Other guys are better than him on what scale? The whole league, or just his position? Do you feel he is the top SG? If not, then who.

3. As for Harden not being top 5... not mad at that at all. Some would have him up there, some wouldn't. IMO the top 5 is KD, AD, LBJ, Westbrook, Harden. But I wouldn't be mad if someone wanted to put Curry or Cousins in there too. Outside the top 3, they've all got flaws one way or another

AD is not flawless.
Kawhi M8
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#390 » by Kawhi M8 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:06 am

Manu :banghead:

I'm legit guessing Pops theory is "Well he's gotta win us one soon", thinking Manus gonna have some luck one day.
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#391 » by 911 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:06 am

queridiculo wrote:Clearly, the Cavaliers are a cut above the rest of the teams in the East.

why
blazertown7
Senior

Post#392 » by blazertown7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:10 am

orange_juice32 wrote:
blazertown7 wrote:

When I say bad basketball im talking about the integrity of the game. It takes the honesty and purity out of the competition. Does it work? Ya but I love when guys go out there and lay it out there. When its a showdown of one guy versus the other and win or lose he can say I did it the right way (in my opinion) and I left it all out there. Even if that played loses I gain respect for them. Its hard for me to reapect a guy who plays how he plays.
Blazers
WWE
Movie Watcher

orange_juice32
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#393 » by orange_juice32 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:10 am

oaklandwarriors wrote:
AD is not flawless.

Well neither is KD, nor LBJ this season. There's just less to nitpick with these three than the others.
blazertown7
Senior

Post#394 » by blazertown7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:11 am

blazertown7 wrote:
orange_juice32 wrote:
blazertown7 wrote:My argument is he plays bad basketball and is over rated. I feel other guys are Better than him without needing to flop constantly. If u like watching him that is fine but to me it sucks and wont ever get a team far. I don't feel he is a top 5 player. Is that a controversial thing? Maybe I dont know but to me and alot of others he plays a bad style of basketball and is a bad example of what a basketball player should be.

When I say bad basketball im talking about the integrity of the game. It takes the honesty and purity out of the competition. Does it work? Ya but I love when guys go out there and lay it out there. When its a showdown of one guy versus the other and win or lose he can say I did it the right way (in my opinion) and I left it all out there. Even if that player loses I gain respect for them. Its hard for me to reapect a guy who plays how he plays.
Blazers
WWE
Movie Watcher

memgrizzlies000
Junior
And1: 659

Post#395 » by memgrizzlies000 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Messi is King wrote:
ferk wrote:
andrewww wrote:
Even tonight, the Spurs controlled the play I thought.

Memphis was at full strength while Parker/Leonard/Mills are all out.

Spurs are the NBA's version of the New England Patriots.

no ta or prince isn;t full strength in a 3ot game especially .

Prince :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kawhi/Parker>>>>>>> TA/Prince

and again, a 23 point lead, think about that.

That also means yall are bad enough to even go down 23. Think about that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Leon Black
Junior
And1: 309

Post#396 » by Leon Black » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:58 pm

The fact that people get so upset at Harden is hilarious. If he were doing something as bad as you make it seem, the league would have stepped in by now.

Below is how I imagine all of you cry babies while he is destroying your team

blazertown7
Senior

Post#397 » by blazertown7 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 pm

Leon Black wrote:The fact that people get so upset at Harden is hilarious. If he were doing something as bad as you make it seem, the league would have stepped in by now.

Below is how I imagine all of you cry babies while he is destroying your team

They dont punish superstars. Notice he never gets fined for flopping.
Blazers
WWE
Movie Watcher

memgrizzlies000
Junior
And1: 659

Post#398 » by memgrizzlies000 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Messi is King wrote:
memgrizzlies000 wrote:
Messi is King wrote:
Prince :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kawhi/Parker>>>>>>> TA/Prince

and again, a 23 point lead, think about that.

That also means yall are bad enough to even go down 23. Think about that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And how many times have the Grizzlies beaten the Spurs in the last 17 matchups?

Think about that.

The past has nothing to do with this year.

Return to The General Board