Reggie Jackson, locker room cancer

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Thundestruck
Senior
And1: 193

Re: Reggie Jackson, locker room cancer 

Post#221 » by Thundestruck » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:48 pm

It is a small sample size but I think Detroit fans are starting to see that maybe OKC fans weren't just bitter. Reggie is playing exactly how we said he did. Some really good but also a lot of awful.

Still probably a good trade for Detroit but I'm not exactly convinced Reggie is a huge upgrade over DJ.

Reggie is still young and learning his new team so I don't think I would panic if I was a Detroit fan but he is also showing some of those bad tendencies we all saw in OKC.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#222 » by MotownMadness » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:58 pm

Thundestruck wrote:It is a small sample size but I think Detroit fans are starting to see that maybe OKC fans weren't just bitter. Reggie is playing exactly how we said he did. Some really good but also a lot of awful.

Still probably a good trade for Detroit but I'm not exactly convinced Reggie is a huge upgrade over DJ.

Reggie is still young and learning his new team so I don't think I would panic if I was a Detroit fan but he is also showing some of those bad tendencies we all saw in OKC.

Not good so far. We need to give him more then 3 games to let him get used to playing with the guys but I'm not very impressed so far. He's been chucking up terrible shots so far like a Josh Smith or something.
Thundestruck
Senior
And1: 193

Post#223 » by Thundestruck » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:02 pm

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't give up on him. You also don't want to judge after every game. He is just doing some things that he was doing poorly in OKC (at least judging from the box scores). Can't tell defense from a box score so I have no clue how he is doing there.

I think Reggie has a lot of talent and would be a great sixth-man for a good team if he would buy in. I'm a little skeptical he has the consistency you want from a starting PG for a team with playoff hopes.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,567

Post#224 » by Bergmaniac » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:45 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:He's actually a great 3 point shooter, he just takes bad 3 point shots, he can make tough shots, and you want a pg not to be confident? you don't know josh smith , you don't know the pain, there is no comparison

What? He is shooting 28% from 3 this season and for his career as a whole. And that is taking into account he's gotten plenty of wide open looks thanks to KD and Russ. Sure, he takes some bad 3s, but he is a subpar shooter by NBA standards for a guard on wide open 3s too.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#225 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 11:40 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:What? He is shooting 28% from 3 this season and for his career as a whole. And that is taking into account he's gotten plenty of wide open looks thanks to KD and Russ. Sure, he takes some bad 3s, but he is a subpar shooter by NBA standards for a guard on wide open 3s too.

he currently is not, but he has a clean stroke and in the 3 games i've seen him play . There are at least 1-2 shots per game i'd consider bad or forced. He reminds me a lot of DJ and JEnnings in that they are good shooters just take poor shots. Jennings and DJ turned teh corner, i'd bet SVG could rJ to do the same.

Also in regards to your KD and Russ comment, you dn't know that, everyone gets wide open looks, the discussion are the ones he's not open and taking.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#226 » by princeofpalace » Mon Mar 2, 2015 11:49 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:He's actually a great 3 point shooter, he just takes bad 3 point shots, he can make tough shots, and you want a pg not to be confident? you don't know josh smith , you don't know the pain, there is no comparison

What? He is shooting 28% from 3 this season and for his career as a whole. And that is taking into account he's gotten plenty of wide open looks thanks to KD and Russ. Sure, he takes some bad 3s, but he is a subpar shooter by NBA standards for a guard on wide open 3s too.

This. Jackson is not a good shooter, he has no history of being a good shooter. He is a bad shooter who also happens to take bad shots.

Return to The General Board