Kobe Talks About Why he and Dwight Never Got Along

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Re: Kobe Talks About Why he and Dwight Never Got Along 

Post#81 » by Elden Payton » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Kobe is heading into irrelevancy and wants to get as much attention possible before he goes.

It's a real shame Dwight is going to come back from his injuries and play in the playoffs and Kobe is going to be home cashing them checks.

LMAO about talking about 'back in the day' when it was alright to go against each other, Kobe forced his way to the Lakers before he'd even played a game, it's a real shame Kobe didn't have the competitiveness to be ok with being drafted at #8 by the Nets or at #13 by the Hornets.

Kobe is just trying to create myths about his own legacy, much like the 'Charlotte didn't want me' tweet.

These threads are hilarious with the amount of Kobe fluffers who run out of the woodwork to defend their man. (homo intended)
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#82 » by Bball0000 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 pm

If Dwight had Kobe's brain and heart, he'd be able to rival Shaq perhaps as one of the greatest centers. Shaq did possess Shaq's brain and heart, and that's why he's Shaq. He wanted to C R U S H the opponent, truly dominant. Howard has always been soft in his competitiveness, as well as being fragile from (warranted) criticism about his game and on-court mentality. I've never respected Dwight's competitiveness.
BigtimeNBAfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,960

Post#83 » by BigtimeNBAfan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Kobe played with the best player in the game for his first 3 championships. Yes him and Shaq didn't get along, but spare me the bs that Kobe is "old school" and against "teaming up" or whatever bs. There might be a difference between how that team was put together and the Miami Heat of recent memory, but the dynamics of the team are the same. Also we all know how Kobe whined endlessly in the Summer of 07 and wanted out because his team wasn't good.

Also the whole, "back in my day players didn't team up" is all bs anyway. Again it may have been different, but teams were far more loaded "back in the day" then in recent memory. Boston and LA had dominant teams full of hall of famers. Magic Johnson won all five of his titles with the help of a minimum of 2 hall of fame teammates.

The NBA is a league where 2 franchises have won almost half of the total nba championships in league history. It is a league that has always had star filled rosters at the top and the other teams with little chance to compete. Kobe is no different than any other star. Had Lebron played his first 8 years with a Prime Shaq, the greatest coach ever, and a great supporting cast he would not have left either.
Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer
And1: 873

Post#84 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Sik Infant wrote:Kobe is heading into irrelevancy and wants to get as much attention possible before he goes.

It's a real shame Dwight is going to come back from his injuries and play in the playoffs and Kobe is going to be home cashing them checks.

LMAO about talking about 'back in the day' when it was alright to go against each other, Kobe forced his way to the Lakers before he'd even played a game, it's a real shame Kobe didn't have the competitiveness to be ok with being drafted at #8 by the Nets or at #13 by the Hornets.

Kobe is just trying to create myths about his own legacy, much like the 'Charlotte didn't want me' tweet.

These threads are hilarious with the amount of Kobe fluffers who run out of the woodwork to defend their man. (homo intended)

Kobe is obviously on the decline but to say he's heading into irrelevancy is preposterous! He's one of the greatest players ever to play the game and was part of one of the best duo's of all time. He will be around whether you like it or not.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,287

Post#85 » by Jedi32 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Sik Infant wrote:Kobe is heading into irrelevancy and wants to get as much attention possible before he goes.

Typical Mr Morton. :lol:
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#86 » by Elden Payton » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:

Kobe is obviously on the decline but to say he's heading into irrelevancy is preposterous! He's one of the greatest players ever to play the game and was part of one of the best duo's of all time. He will be around whether you like it or not.

Sports are all 'what have you done for me lately?'

What has Kobe done lately apart from talk ****?
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#87 » by John Murdoch » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:As someone who is not a huge fan of Kobe or James Harden or Dwight Howard, my own feeling is that Howard is in a much better position to win teaming up with Harden at this point than he is teaming up with Kobe. Which is to say, I can't fault Howard for leaving Kobe to go team up with Harden.

The Lakers looked great, on paper, with Nash---Kobe---Pau---Howard. It just didn't work, because of injuries and personalities and whatever other reasons. When that team came together, I believe they were the co-favorites for the title over the Heat, or possibly even the sole favorites.

I thought all Rockets fans loved Harden tbh
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer
And1: 873

Post#88 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:33 pm

Sik Infant wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:

Before his season ending surgery he surpassed MJ in scoring. Just stop it, I would respect you more if you just said you didn't like Kobe.
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#89 » by Elden Payton » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:

Before his season ending surgery he surpassed MJ in scoring. Just stop it, I would respect you more if you just said you didn't like Kobe.

It took Kobe near 500 more games to pass MJ's points.

I'd respect Kobe stans more if they could actually see the forest from the trees.
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#90 » by cw3k » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:55 am

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:

That is the only thing he did, for himself anyway. His selfish, recklessness, me first put the Lakers in tank mode before anyone realize the Lakers must tank.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#91 » by MinneOOPalis » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 am

Kobe has a way of making anyone who disagrees with him look soft or not competitive enough. Its pretty genius actually.
Elden Payton
RealGM

Post#92 » by Elden Payton » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:14 am

cw3k wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:

That is the only thing he did, for himself anyway. His selfish, recklessness, me first put the Lakers in tank mode before anyone realize the Lakers must tank.

It's insane that people mistake Kobe's selfishness for 'competitiveness'
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#93 » by theFRANCHISE » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:17 am

Dwight will never be the man on a championship team. He might be the #2 or #3 guy. For the guy saying the MAGIC could have been up 3-1 on the Lakers :lol the magic needed an all time performance in shooting just to win 1 game! As much as I dislike Kobe, his mentality is the kind people need to win championships.
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#94 » by jackwindham » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:50 am

You can competitive and likable at the same time. Look at the Spurs.
sprewellchokes
Junior
And1: 346

Post#95 » by sprewellchokes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:20 am

boomann21 wrote:
TommyTBolt wrote:
B_BallReasons wrote:I get that both have different approaches to the game but in Howards defense, he was riddled with injuries while on the Lakers. A lot of people gave him crap for performing poorly with them but no one takes into account his injuries. Dwight is a clown off the court and he tends to bring it with him on the court. All this would have been acceptable if Dwight performed the way he did with Orlando. Even for someone as serious as Kobe.

his attitude more of the problem than his production was. Off the court clowning is fine but I've seen Howard clowning on the court way too many times. One of those guys laughing and smiling for the cameras and cracking jokes while his team is down 10 points. Kobe doesn't go for that type of stuff.

I've seen Dwight try to grab a guy's penis on the bench. His behavior in the midst of battle is way too silly for me.

After seeing that I wonder if Isaiah Canaan demanded a trade
WOX_69
Sixth Man
And1: 1,486

Post#96 » by WOX_69 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:31 am

Sik Infant wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:

It took Kobe near 500 more games to pass MJ's points.

I'd respect Kobe stans more if they could actually see the forest from the trees.

So I guess Kobe haters haven't been in this thread and you've been completely fair and objective with your post, right?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#97 » by LLcoleJ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:44 am

The head scratcher here is you know the Hornets never intended to draft Kobe. By all account they knew his name ( via Lakers) about 5 minutes before the draft call. Yet you think he didn't have the competitiveness to be drafted by your team.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#98 » by The4thHorseman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 am

:clap:
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,287

Post#99 » by Jedi32 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:09 am

Typical realgm keeping the lie that Kobe forced his way to the Lakers alive. :crazy:
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#100 » by iamworthy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:45 am

Tarik Black wrote:

The head scratcher here is you know the Hornets never intended to draft Kobe. By all account they knew his name ( via Lakers) about 5 minutes before the draft call. Yet you think he didn't have the competitiveness to be drafted by your team.

"The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vlade for a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for the Seattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn't even tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes before the pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually drafting Kobe."

The trade was more about the Lakers' pursuit of Shaquille O'Neal in free agency and the Hornets' need to acquire a center than it was about Bryant.

In order to get far enough under the salary cap to make a valid pitch to O'Neal, the Lakers needed to unload Divac's contract, preferably to a team under the salary cap and preferably for a draft pick. The Hornets had traded Alonzo Mourning the previous year, were without a bona fide center, and were well under the cap after renouncing the rights to free agent Kenny Anderson. They would trade Larry Johnson to New York for Anthony Mason later that summer.

Link

Return to The General Board