2015 NBA Playoffs: [4] Portland Trailblazers vs [5] Memphis Grizzlies

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Blazers in 4
1%
Blazers in 5
1%
Blazers in 6
6%
Blazers in 7
7%
Grizzlies in 4
7%
Grizzlies in 5
28%
Grizzlies in 6
40%
Grizzlies in 7
12%

Total votes: 273

killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Re: 2015 NBA Playoffs: [4] Portland Trailblazers vs [5] Memphis Grizzlies 

Post#421 » by killacalijatt » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:40 am

Well atleast his foot gets rest now.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#422 » by Revived » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:07 am

Pattycakes wrote:Folks are forgetting quickly how this Blazer team played before injuries derailed the season, and now they're a boring team and suck? Ha. Okay.

Thunder had injuries too.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#423 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:33 am

SF88 wrote:
Pattycakes wrote:Folks are forgetting quickly how this Blazer team played before injuries derailed the season, and now they're a boring team and suck? Ha. Okay.

Thunder had injuries too.

And most acknowledge that the Thunder minus injuries are a top tier team. Even as the Blazers were clinching the NW division earlier in the season most Blazer fans were admitting it would have been a lot tougher to win it if the Thunder had not been devastated by injuries. Blazers are currently devastated by injuries and would be a much tougher matchup if healthy. Pattycakes is merely pointing out that when Portland was healthy early in the season they were a top team. The Thunder having been faced with injuries does not change that
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
NotaHypeJob
Sixth Man
And1: 2,229

Post#424 » by NotaHypeJob » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:47 am

Conley has to have face surgery to fix multiple fractures in his face, might be a problem in the next round
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#425 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:46 am

could miss a few weeks from the sounds...
Lithium
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#426 » by Lithium » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:37 am

I hope Conley will be okay for the next round. Unfortunate timing for an injury like that.
dozendonuts
Sixth Man
And1: 2,878

Re: Re: 2015 NBA Playoffs: [4] Portland Trailblazers vs [5] Memphis Grizzlies 

Post#427 » by dozendonuts » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:42 am

NBAfan3024 wrote:
RichieW wrote:
Pattycakes wrote:
Man, Kaman, affallo, and Aldridge are still putting up with injuries, and the heart of our team is out. Memphis isnt better than Portland when both teams are healthy. That's 50/50. Injuries are a beezy.

Sorry mate, I'm afraid that just isn't true. Memphis is in the tier with Spurs, Thunder and Warriors as a legit West contender (although probably the bottom of that group). Portland is with Houston and Clippers as fools gold.
you don't think Houston are on par with Memphis?

Have they made it out of the first round yet?
ElectricMayhem wrote:If Kevin Martin walks? You blow it up, you tank, you pray to high heaven that another once in a generation Kevin Martin-type player somehow lands on your team. That's all you can do, really.
dozendonuts
Sixth Man

Post#428 » by dozendonuts » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:43 am

NBAfan3024 wrote:could miss a few weeks from the sounds...

Westbrook missed one game after facial surgery.
ElectricMayhem wrote:If Kevin Martin walks? You blow it up, you tank, you pray to high heaven that another once in a generation Kevin Martin-type player somehow lands on your team. That's all you can do, really.
NBAfan3024
RealGM

Post#429 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:01 am

nivea_ wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:
RichieW wrote:Sorry mate, I'm afraid that just isn't true. Memphis is in the tier with Spurs, Thunder and Warriors as a legit West contender (although probably the bottom of that group). Portland is with Houston and Clippers as fools gold.

Neither team have. I'm basing teams on this year not past success.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#430 » by XTC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:45 am

I'm sorry but how can people be defending LMA? The guy is massive but you see him settling for long two's. Jesus... 24 shots a game, and he's only converting 36% of them? It's not just a playoff issue as well, he's been doing this all season. I love LMA's game 10 feet and in, he's deadly there... And I know he's capable of hitting shots beyond that as well, but do you really want him to?

I really do believe it's the system the Blazers are running. I think if LMA bolts to the Spurs or another organization his efficiency is just going to shoot up.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#431 » by DreDay » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 am

XTC wrote:I'm sorry but how can people be defending LMA? The guy is massive but you see him settling for long two's. Jesus... 24 shots a game, and he's only converting 36% of them? It's not just a playoff issue as well, he's been doing this all season. I love LMA's game 10 feet and in, he's deadly there... And I know he's capable of hitting shots beyond that as well, but do you really want him to?

I really do believe it's the system the Blazers are running. I think if LMA bolts to the Spurs or another organization his efficiency is just going to shoot up.

Beats me how Melo gets crap but Aldridge doesn't. I guess Aldridge has the potential to be better, but then again so does Josh Smith.
Spankadelphia
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#432 » by Spankadelphia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:02 pm

If Conley won't be available for the Warriors series, we probably won't find out until Saturday or Sunday.

It will be a short series without him, unfortunately...
NBAfan3024
RealGM

Post#433 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Spankadelphia wrote:If Conley won't be available for the Warriors series, we probably won't find out until Saturday or Sunday.

It will be a short series without him, unfortunately...
he won't miss any games in that series imo
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,841

Post#434 » by The Sebastian Express » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:40 pm

XTC wrote:I'm sorry but how can people be defending LMA? The guy is massive but you see him settling for long two's. Jesus... 24 shots a game, and he's only converting 36% of them? It's not just a playoff issue as well, he's been doing this all season. I love LMA's game 10 feet and in, he's deadly there... And I know he's capable of hitting shots beyond that as well, but do you really want him to?

The system is built around LMA and what he prefers. I don't mind that he's on the perimeter in the regular season - because if nothing else it saves his body some bumps and bruises, but in the past he would take it into the paint more in the postseason. That hasn't been the case this year and it's disappointing.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#435 » by ken6199 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:27 pm

nivea_ wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:
RichieW wrote:Sorry mate, I'm afraid that just isn't true. Memphis is in the tier with Spurs, Thunder and Warriors as a legit West contender (although probably the bottom of that group). Portland is with Houston and Clippers as fools gold.

I am really sick and tired of this 'have they made it out of the first round yet'. Please stop this non-sense.

You put Pelicans in Atlantic division they will take the division title. You put KD-less OKC in east they get HCA. You swap GSW and ATL, GSW get 70 wins. You put Raptors in SW division, they miss playoffs, no all-star for Lowry and Derozan. GSW were one Bogut injury away from taking down the clippers (still 7 game series, remind you). The list goes on.

Fun fact - NW division only has one playoff team, Portland. Atlantic division has 3 playoff team, BLOODY THREE! Raps, Celtics, Nets. Is that for real? Or you think Wizards making the 2nd round two years in a row, does that spell a better team than GSW/DAL/MEM/HOU/POR?

There is absolutely no shame to be fool's gold in a super competitive west where half of teams are stacking up talent gunning for championships. Kudos to those players willing to come to west and compete, rather than bouncing around between SE or Central divisions so that he can get 8-10 free wins every year. At lease you are fool's gold, 5 out of 8 teams in the east nobody even think they are gold, at least not this year.

This is nothing about being salty. These are all stonewall facts half of the people here choose to ignore or deny. Imbalance happens and it turns around quickly I am all fine with that, but do not use passing the first round as the golden standard to evaluate a team's success.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
dozendonuts
Sixth Man

Post#436 » by dozendonuts » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:10 pm

ken6199 wrote:
nivea_ wrote:Have they made it out of the first round yet?

I am really sick and tired of this 'have they made it out of the first round yet'. Please stop this non-sense.

You put Pelicans in Atlantic division they will take the division title. You put KD-less OKC in east they get HCA. You swap GSW and ATL, GSW get 70 wins. You put Raptors in SW division, they miss playoffs, no all-star for Lowry and Derozan. GSW were one Bogut injury away from taking down the clippers (still 7 game series, remind you). The list goes on.

Fun fact - NW division only has one playoff team, Portland. Atlantic division has 3 playoff team, BLOODY THREE! Raps, Celtics, Nets. Is that for real? Or you think Wizards making the 2nd round two years in a row, does that spell a better team than GSW/DAL/MEM/HOU/POR?

There is absolutely no shame to be fool's gold in a super competitive west where half of teams are stacking up talent gunning for championships. Kudos to those players willing to come to west and compete, rather than bouncing around between SE or Central divisions so that he can get 8-10 free wins every year. At lease you are fool's gold, 5 out of 8 teams in the east nobody even think they are gold, at least not this year.

This is nothing about being salty. These are all stonewall facts half of the people here choose to ignore or deny. Imbalance happens and it turns around quickly I am all fine with that, but do not use passing the first round as the golden standard to evaluate a team's success.

Okay... Not really sure what you went on about. A team that can't make it out of the first round cannot be a title contender the next year. Sorry. It's not like last year's Portland team was a title contender. If Houston had lost to the Spurs or Thunder last year you could use that excuse, but not against the Blazers.
Blitzbolt
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#437 » by Blitzbolt » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Looks like conley will play next series with a mask like Westbrook did.Should be rdy by the weekend.
taufblazers33
Starter
And1: 650

Post#438 » by taufblazers33 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:25 am

Today is potentially the last time we will see LMA in a Blazers uniform :o
ADawg22 wrote:Cavs announcer sounds like he has an orgasm everytime one of their players score.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#439 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:52 am

Hopefully Conley is back for the GS series. Memphis is a legit threat to Golden State if healthy.
RichieW
Rookie
And1: 867

Post#440 » by RichieW » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:54 am

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Hopefully Conley is back for the GS series. Memphis is a legit threat to Golden State if healthy.

Memphis size is a big mismatch for Golden State, and if Conley/Allen were healthy (which they likely aren't) they would be as good a match on the defensive end for Steph/Klay as anyone.

Return to The General Board