Lou Williams named 6th man of the year

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,891

Re: Lou Williams named 6th man of the year 

Post#121 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:30 am

NinjaBro wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
DrCoach wrote:Isiah Thomas wasn't even on the Celtics all year, Lou helped the Raps to their best Record ever

I'm all for Raptors fans arguing for Lou's case because he had a great year, but how is this one of their main arguments? It's like he was doing nothing for the other 4 months.

Suns with IT = 27-19
Suns without IT = 12-24

Celtics with IT = 20-10
Celtics without IT = 20-32

His record on the year is 47-29 which is a .617% or equal to a 50 win team. And people in here are saying that Lou has a bigger impact? Are you kidding me? IT even has better stats. I'm sorry but this one seems simple to me in every facet, IT got ROBBED.

It seems as though Drake has more pull than it seems. A simple song about him and it skyrockets Lou's perceived value.

Thanks for your intellectual contribution to this thread. I'm happy to debate about this with Raptors fans and I think Lou has a strong case, but I think when you break it down the only real answer is IT
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#122 » by DrCoach » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:34 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
DrCoach wrote:Isiah Thomas wasn't even on the Celtics all year, Lou helped the Raps to their best Record ever

I'm all for Raptors fans arguing for Lou's case because he had a great year, but how is this one of their main arguments? It's like he was doing nothing for the other 4 months.

Suns with IT = 27-19
Suns without IT = 12-24

Celtics with IT = 20-10

His record on the year is 47-29 which is a .617% or equal to a 50 win team. And people in here are saying that Lou has a bigger impact? Are you kidding me? IT even has better stats. I'm sorry but this one seems simple to me in every facet, IT got ROBBED.

It seems as though Drake has more pull than it seems. A simple song about him and it skyrockets Lou's perceived value.
l

Oh, so the Suns losing their starting PG Dragic had nothing to do with the record right?...lol
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#123 » by DrCoach » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:38 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Suns with IT = 27-19
Suns without IT = 12-24

Celtics with IT = 20-10

U

Thanks for your intellectual contribution to this thread. I'm happy to debate about this with Raptors fans and I think Lou has a strong case, but I think when you break it down the only real answer is IT

BS, Thomas only played 67 games yet you give him credit for 76 games? What was he doing, coaching the rest ? FOH...lol

Please, two teams and Thomas missed multiple games, low williams played 80 games strong to Isiahs 67.
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#124 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:13 am

DrCoach wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
U

BS, Thomas only played 67 games yet you give him credit for 76 games? What was he doing, coaching the rest ? FOH...lol

Please, two teams and Thomas missed multiple games, low williams played 80 games strong to Isiahs 67.

You're right. I counted games that he was injured in which his teams went 4-5. His teams still did much worse without him.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#125 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:16 am

DrCoach wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Suns with IT = 27-19
Suns without IT = 12-24

Celtics with IT = 20-10

l

Oh, so the Suns losing their starting PG Dragic had nothing to do with the record right?...lol

Obviously it contributes. Regardless of that, when IT has played his teams have been better than the Raptors so you're argument that Lou played on a better team is somewhat false.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#126 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:30 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Suns with IT = 27-19
Suns without IT = 12-24

Celtics with IT = 20-10

l

Obviously it contributes. Regardless of that, when IT has played his teams have been better than the Raptors so you're argument that Lou played on a better team is somewhat false.

OK.

Stats - roughly equal.
Team record - roughly equal.
Games played - not roughly equal.

Advantage Lou Will.

To say that IT maybe has an argument over Lou? Sure, that's fine.
To say that IT was robbed, that it wasn't even close, or any other hyperbole like that? No, that's ridiculous. It's not even close to being not even close, if that makes sense.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Post#127 » by jpengland » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Congratulations to Lou Williams on winning this years 'Bench Chucker' award.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#128 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Lou did it all year for the raps. IT can have his go next year for a full season.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#129 » by Froob » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:11 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Suns with IT = 27-19
Suns without IT = 12-24

Celtics with IT = 20-10

I can only imagine if it were the only way around. There would be at least 2-3 threads on the main board crying about it. Whatever though, hope it motivates IT and if it does it will be all worth it. Regular seasons awards are whatever.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#130 » by Froob » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:15 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:Thomas is the better player.

Better player?

I disagree.

Christ Lou has it all. I'd be content with just one of those chicks let alone both AND in the NBA. Seriously **** this guy if the Raps somehow win the title :lol:

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
RandomRaptorfan
Veteran
And1: 2,404

Post#131 » by RandomRaptorfan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Froob wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:Thomas is the better player.

Better player?

I disagree.

Christ Lou has it all. I'd be content with just one of those chicks let alone both AND in the NBA. Seriously **** this guy if the Raps somehow win the title :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, he broke up with one of his girlfriends
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#132 » by Froob » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 pm

RandomRaptorfan wrote:
Froob wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Better player?

I disagree.

Hey there we go :P . Someone should do the odds on those. Finding two women okay with a 3-way relationship is probably more unlikely than making it to the NBA.

RIP The_Hater
N8N
Rookie
And1: 236

Post#133 » by N8N » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Froob wrote:
RandomRaptorfan wrote:
Froob wrote:Christ Lou has it all. I'd be content with just one of those chicks let alone both AND in the NBA. Seriously **** this guy if the Raps somehow win the title :lol:

Hey there we go :P . Someone should do the odds on those. Finding two women okay with a 3-way relationship is probably more unlikely than making it to the NBA.

You'd be surprised man.
Credit to Dallas Mavericks mod Dirk for my avatar.
smallgains
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,369

Post#134 » by smallgains » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:38 pm

Thomas was a locker room cancer......THAT is why he didn't win.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#135 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Really??? Odd choice

Return to The General Board