Jason Terry plans to wear all black outfit for Mavericks "Funeral in Game 4

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Re: Jason Terry plans to wear all black outfit for Mavericks "Funeral in Game 4 

Post#81 » by matt6715 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Being a Mavs fan for all these years, I never realized just how annoying JET was. He might be up there with the Matt Barnes' of the NBA in terms of players you love when they're on your team and hate otherwise
SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#82 » by SaintofKillers » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:52 pm

The BTK Killer was the president of his church council and John Wayne Gacy performed charity work as a clown.
cbk41
Junior
And1: 230

Post#83 » by cbk41 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Doddage wrote:
Guerilla713 wrote:
Doddage wrote:No one said that he said anything bad about the organization. The point is his insulting of the franchise that paid him millions and made him a champion.

You just said that no one said that Terry said anything bad about the organization, yet you then say right after that he insulted the franchise that paid him millions. Which is it and how is wearing black on black to a close out game insulting? If he had worn that without bringing up his tradition, what would you have said?

How it so hard to reconcile those two ideas? An organization is not the same thing as the franchise itself. He DIDN'T say anything bad about the organization, BUT his actions are an insult to the team. How is it so hard to understand that it's insulting for him to use a tradition he adopted in Dallas with Dallas teammates against that very team? None of this should be difficult to put together.

So it's logical to be butthurt by the convolution of life inside and outside the game of basketball? Leanring to separate spheres of ideas, objects, concepts, etc. is something that children should eventually learn to do by the time you're an adult.

Do you call the police on an electrical outlet that "assaulted" you, or do you put 2+2 together and realize that the outlet is an inanmate object and it is your own fault for not understanding how the basic principles of electricity work? A child would cry and ask his mommy to do something about it and be butthurt.

You are being a child and/or supporting the ;logic' of butthurt adults who turn into children when their favorite sports team loses a game.
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#84 » by HTown_TMac » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:19 pm

You guys should know that Terry is a very superstitious person. He wears like 7 pairs of socks every game. He has done this for a while in close out games, he will not change just cause he's playing his OLD team. Yes, he thanks them for his championship, but he's hoping for a new one with a new team (whether or not you feel the Rockets will win)

I am surprised to hear him say it, but it is what it is.
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Post#85 » by WinisKing » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:05 am

Am I the only one confused about how a thread about Terry's immature behavior turned in a debate of whether NBA care should advertise its good deeds?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#86 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:44 am

Doddage wrote:
Guerilla713 wrote:
Doddage wrote:It's odd he's doing this considering he said this a few days ago:

Wow, can people not see the difference between a game and living life outside the game. How is it odd?

It really shouldn't be hard to connect the dots. If he loves and cares about Dallas so much, why would he disrespect the city's team like so?

I've been a Mavs fan since the 3 J's and have supported this team through every game. I've rooted for Nash, Finley, Dirk, Kidd (both times he was here), even rooted for Cedric Ceballos... And JET will always be one of my favorite Mavs of all time. I don't see this as any kind of disrespect. It's just JET being JET. He has always done this. If he did anything different I would see it as him being fake. Now I won't be rooting for him and the Rockets after this series (they're going to get waxed by the Spurs or Clippers) but he's still one of my favorite Mavs of all time. I actually hope he's able to sign a 1 year deal in the off season to finish his career as a Mav.
Cavs0623
Pro Prospect
And1: 519

Post#87 » by Cavs0623 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 am

I like how people complain all day the NBA is so soft, everyone is buddy buddy
The minute someone does something though
omg how classless, what a douche, I can't believe he'd do something like this
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Post#88 » by GuyverX » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:24 am

Cavs0623 wrote:I like how people complain all day the NBA is so soft, everyone is buddy buddy

If he didn't play in Dallas for 8 years and won a championship with them, maybe it's not a big deal. But to come back and do it against your old teammates and coach who helped you succeed...it's messed up. Maybe it's just sour grapes from when the Mavs didn't match Boston's offer sheet.
Cavs0623
Pro Prospect
And1: 519

Post#89 » by Cavs0623 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:41 am

GuyverX wrote:
Cavs0623 wrote:I like how people complain all day the NBA is so soft, everyone is buddy buddy

If he didn't play in Dallas for 8 years and won a championship with them, maybe it's not a big deal. But to come back and do it against your old teammates and coach who helped you succeed...it's messed up. Maybe it's just sour grapes from when the Mavs didn't match Boston's offer sheet.

Of course it's sour grapes, they helped him succeed but they also let him go. I'm sure for a guy like him that hurt but it's not like he's going out of his way to do this. He did this with Dallas, he did it when he was with the Hawks, he's always been the kind of guy to stir the pot
Mattsanity
Pro Prospect
And1: 23

Post#90 » by Mattsanity » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:45 am

I'll never forget when vince made an epic block on terry back when he was with the hawks
allstar84
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 20

Post#91 » by allstar84 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am

Did this clown wear black today?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#92 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:28 am

allstar84 wrote:Did this clown wear black today?

Maybe he's secretly trying to help the Mavs. When he wears black the Mavs win. They won a title the last time he wore black in the playoffs. Lol
thizznation
Starter
And1: 778

Post#93 » by thizznation » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:36 am

He wore black so no one could tell that he sht himself.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Post#94 » by GuyverX » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:03 am

It sucks when you dress up for a funeral and realize nobody has died yet.
nyk97
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,219

Post#95 » by nyk97 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:21 am

nba 0-2 when players suggest wearing all black for game they think will end the series in a sweep. jr snuff and jason terry
"im willing to ride or die for new york" -carl
SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#96 » by SaintofKillers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:30 am

nyk97 wrote:nba 0-2 when players suggest wearing all black for game they think will end the series in a sweep. jr snuff and jason terry

Actually Dallas is 3-0 when they did this back in 2011. Any attempts to imitate it after though (usually by ex-Mavs), failed spectacularly.
Doddage
Veteran
And1: 1,852

Post#97 » by Doddage » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 am

cbk41 wrote:So it's logical to be butthurt by the convolution of life inside and outside the game of basketball? Leanring to separate spheres of ideas, objects, concepts, etc. is something that children should eventually learn to do by the time you're an adult.

Do you call the police on an electrical outlet that "assaulted" you, or do you put 2+2 together and realize that the outlet is an inanmate object and it is your own fault for not understanding how the basic principles of electricity work? A child would cry and ask his mommy to do something about it and be butthurt.

You are being a child and/or supporting the ;logic' of butthurt adults who turn into children when their favorite sports team loses a game.

Nice try, but herein lies fundamental assumptions which would have been better served not being made. The "butthurt" you claimed from the outset is not only nonexistent (due to no standing association with either squad), but is ironically perfectly exemplified by your very own defensive post. The real "child" here is the one who assumes biases that don't exist, or to put it in a analogy you might understand, believes that electrical outlet serves no valuable purpose because of a fear/assumption of getting electrocuted.
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 875

Post#98 » by red_power » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:49 am

clown suits fit better for you jason
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#99 » by mixerball » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:31 pm

the ultimate douchebag move. sh*****g on a team that gave him his biggest career achievement in his life. and not only that. but with a move that was/is mavs folklore. what an idiot.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,724

Post#100 » by Yoshun » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:34 pm

I understand why people were made before the game, but, considering the result, it should really just be funny now.

I love when people have trash talk thrown right back at them.

Return to The General Board