Congrats Golden State Warriors -- 1st NBA Finals Appearance Since 1975!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,294

Re: Congrats Golden State Warriors -- 1st Western Conference Finals Appearance Since 1976 

Post#41 » by Black Jack » Sat May 16, 2015 7:18 am

NBAfan3024 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:Just amazing and the best thing is it's done in classic GSW nellieball style a.k.a. lead by a dynamic scoring point guard and a bunch of undersized 6-7 swingmen D'ing up big men along with a couple of slow broken-down old white guys in the middle :D

Seriously though...good times.

Still a paper team then? :wink:

Nope...I was wrong. The two teams I thought could take us out were Spurs and Memphis. They showed the heart of a champion, no matter what happens from here on out, this is an elite squad for real.

Good one btw :lol:
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Re: Congrats Golden State Warriors -- 1st Western Conference Finals Appearance Since 1976 

Post#42 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:21 am

Black Jack wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:Just amazing and the best thing is it's done in classic GSW nellieball style a.k.a. lead by a dynamic scoring point guard and a bunch of undersized 6-7 swingmen D'ing up big men along with a couple of slow broken-down old white guys in the middle :D

Seriously though...good times.

Still a paper team then? :wink:

Nope...I was wrong. The two teams I thought could take us out were Spurs and Memphis. They showed the heart of a champion, no matter what happens from here on out, this is an elite squad for real.

Good one btw :lol:

8-) sometimes It's great to be wrong :D
redbottoms24
Junior
And1: 357

Post#43 » by redbottoms24 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:33 am

Warrior fan in Vancouver (trust me there are a lot of us).. Good to see this team win.

Hopefully this leads to a spot in the finals and possibly winning it all

Feels good man
6rings4LeClutch
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#44 » by 6rings4LeClutch » Sat May 16, 2015 8:22 am

My warriors could win a ring and my raiders could win 5 games! I really don't know what to do with myself.
Let's Go Dubs!!!
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#45 » by Little Digger » Sat May 16, 2015 8:27 am

I'm still not over the 1976 Phoenix-GS Conf. Finals. GSW was cruising to back to back championships when Alvin Freaking Adams and the Suns stunned us in 7....Now we're back 39 years later..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Naija Boy
Banned User
And1: 2,242

Post#46 » by Naija Boy » Sat May 16, 2015 9:05 am

Warriors do have the kind of team that historically has been able to beat LeBron. The typical requirements are:

- Elite top 5 defense (Warriors are #1 in the league I believe)
- Star talent (Steph is a legit superstar, and Klay is a star himself)
- Some kind of significant mismatch (I think the Warriors can create this with their shooting/ball movement like Spurs last year or Orlando in 2009)

Plus they have the added bonus of having someone who can sort of contain LBJ one on one in Draymond Green (Barnes and Iguodala can take turns on him as well).

Will definitely be tough for LBJ to get by them.
nfmos
Veteran
And1: 3,540

Post#47 » by nfmos » Sat May 16, 2015 9:28 am

After all the times we drama and letdowns over the years, trading Webber because of the spat with Nelson, Sprewell choking his coach, Chris Cohan, an endless string of horrible coaches, Todd Fuller, Mike Dunleavy, losing Gilbert in free agency, 12 years of missing the playoffs, breaking up the We Believe Team, Monta and his moped, Curry's ankles etc etc.... it really has felt strange all season long having a team that was not only good, but historically good and the best in the league. Its like as a Dubs fan you just kind of had grown to expect the bottom to fall out at some point. Every bright point before proved to be fleeting and temporary, and we got used to that.

I think the best thing about the season is how the bar has been raised by this ownership group to the point that the success doesn't seem like a lucky coincidence anymore, and how amazing it is when a intelligent ownership group truly dedicates itself to excellence in every facet of the organization, from management, to advisers, to the coaching staff, and the pursuit of high character high talent players. This season makes me happy not just because of the success we have had, but because it feels amazing to feel like we have not only a legitimate franchise again, but because it now seems we have one of the best in the league. And to think we had idiots that booed Lacob at Mullin's jersey retirement ceremony...

Of course we are also blessed to have such an amazing person and player like Curry to carry this team and astonish us, but there is great amount of credit for the ownership group recognizing that and creating the team around him. I almost feel like Curry is the reward the Dubs fan received for suffering so long through the lean years.

No matter what is said on these boards, I don't think many true Dubs fans are taking this all for granted and just assuming we got the title in the bag, we have been through too much and been let down in the past to be so cocky. But its nice to know that we have just as much or more of a chance than anyone, and I'm enjoying every minute of this season.
gustofwind
Rookie
And1: 649

Post#48 » by gustofwind » Sat May 16, 2015 9:37 am

Mylie10 wrote:Not to long ago we witnessed a Don Nelson team play 6 guys for an entire game. Two guys fouled out, but they let Devean George remain in the game even though he fouled out......it's been a long road.

seriously? that sounds like a funny story

link?

edit: found a reference to it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/38792/bizarre-ending-typifies-lakers-bizarre-season

:rofl2:

apparently it was his last game!
think peaceful thoughts :meditate:
Hawkeyes
Sixth Man
And1: 1,559

Post#49 » by Hawkeyes » Sat May 16, 2015 9:39 am

Congrats Warriors fans. The Warriors look unbeatable right now. People freaked out when they fell down 2-1 to Memphis and they respond with 3 blowout wins in a row. Amazing.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#50 » by TheAlchemist » Sat May 16, 2015 9:40 am

I want them to win it all :D
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Congrats Golden State Warriors -- 1st Western Conference Finals Appearance Since 1976 

Post#51 » by WD » Sat May 16, 2015 10:39 am

Congrats, I like the new blood in the finals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: 

Post#52 » by Madhouse » Sat May 16, 2015 10:49 am

NBAfan3024 wrote:Feels good to be a Warriors fans right now. .alot of bad seasons make this one worth it

didn't you say you were an NBA fan in general w/o team just a few month ago?
xfactor99
Junior
And1: 397

Post#53 » by xfactor99 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:11 pm

gustofwind wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Not to long ago we witnessed a Don Nelson team play 6 guys for an entire game. Two guys fouled out, but they let Devean George remain in the game even though he fouled out......it's been a long road.

seriously? that sounds like a funny story

link?

edit: found a reference to it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/38792/bizarre-ending-typifies-lakers-bizarre-season

:rofl2:

apparently it was his last game!

Here's a video of it. Highly recommended viewing. As an aside Curry went off that game in his rookie year - 42/9/7 or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boId6R7tx1Y
TheRolePlayer
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#54 » by TheRolePlayer » Sat May 16, 2015 1:45 pm

Congratulations warrior fans!
I really hope clippers beat the rockets, talk about an epic series the already bad blood between the two will be intensified in the WCF.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,938

Post#55 » by Anticon » Sat May 16, 2015 6:24 pm

nfmos wrote: And to think we had idiots that booed Lacob at Mullin's jersey retirement ceremony....

People owe Lacob a massive apology for that. Like a plane flying by Oracle saying "we were wrong Joe" like they do in the UK.

Imagine where they'd be if they hadn't traded Monte for Bogut!
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#56 » by old rem » Sat May 16, 2015 7:28 pm

redbottoms24 wrote:Warrior fan in Vancouver (trust me there are a lot of us).. Good to see this team win.

Hopefully this leads to a spot in the finals and possibly winning it all

Feels good man
Yeah... after DECADES of watching the franchise explore EVERY bad Idea...the only thing left was to do it RIGHT. :clap: :clap: NOW... at last... I can't bitch over the latest stupid thing. Props to the semi new owners. They had a CLUE and an agenda. They were okay with "outside the box" with Keep climbing the mountain.

GSW startts 4 guys they drafted. I HAD argued... that BUYING A MERCENARY..is not cost effective..that you need the ability to make your own STAR. No GSW draftee was a top 5 guy. Bogut WAS "the" top pick.. but GSW paid him over a year to be injured. Some fuss about Jackson ..but he brought DEFENSE to a team that could not spell the word... and he saw a future for Dray Green...a rd 2 guy who's been a vital element. I spent some 30 yr second guessing GSW.. and puking when they bothched great chances.

If you had a list of 20 worst NBA trades..EVER.. GSW would have about 7 of those. GSW had times they turned over half the roster several years in a row.. only to get worse. We could have executed a few GMs in the parking lot and it would be ruled Justifiable.

GSW actually did not DRAFT bad with their 100+ lotto picks...but mostly they found creative ways to waste good players. with Nellie twice the coach... he had a missionary fetish about smallball. He never wanted the work of being GM.. BUT.. wanted to undermine the GM. Every Nellie Era team was loaded with guards and wings who'd run + gun. They had NO good "bigs" (4 +5) GSW scked at rebounds + D. so.. they's draft best available big.. and Nellie would Mind-F the guy... and yet happilly play some D League guy. At times... I could not figure a plan because GSW somehow had so many second stringers who were untradeable.. just clearing space was hard. Crap. I'm an amateur -never a good player-but I SAW NBA since the 50's. By now I see what's good and what ain't. It is SHOCKING to me how much GSW wasted the POTENTIAL of a whole BUNCH of lotto talent. GSW fans.... don't mostly GET how GSW often drafted the right guy.. then the IDIOT coaches.. screwed that guy. You could do a class action lawsuit.

I got USED to looking at the GSW operation like it was kids playing in a sandbox.. always messing with each other. FINALLY.. the whole franchise works TOGETHER. After exausting every BAD idea... at last GSW was stuck with do it right. "get it right" has incentives (you feel happy) so... going back to inept and stupid... probably NOT a plan.
CENSORED... No comment.
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#57 » by jumpstart » Sat May 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Congrats to Steve Kerr for inheriting an awesome roster.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#58 » by old rem » Sat May 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Anticon wrote:
nfmos wrote: And to think we had idiots that booed Lacob at Mullin's jersey retirement ceremony....

People owe Lacob a massive apology for that. Like a plane flying by Oracle saying "we were wrong Joe" like they do in the UK.

Monta was a GOOD player. Bogut? is good now but GSW payed him a LONG time to be injured. it worked but it was a BIG gamble. Had Klay not turned out well... the outcome ain't so good.

I RESPECT the current ownership/front office. Most years.. I could have done much better at half the $. When Bill Walsh took over the Niners... I TRUSTED he was way wiser than me. My best Ideas... Walsh did. Then he took guys I liked and made them BETTER.

That is what i want to see. I don't get a dime for my opinions.. so.. if the guy paid BIG is not even to my standards.... OMG. I don't get resources.. but... I have EVYEBALLS.
CENSORED... No comment.
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#59 » by ImChillin01 » Sat May 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Lets be serious real quick, how many of these Warriors fans were former Kings fans though
nfmos
Veteran
And1: 3,540

Post#60 » by nfmos » Sat May 16, 2015 9:26 pm

old rem wrote:
Anticon wrote:

Monta was a GOOD player. Bogut? is good now but GSW payed him a LONG time to be injured. it worked but it was a BIG gamble. Had Klay not turned out well... the outcome ain't so good.

I RESPECT the current ownership/front office. Most years.. I could have done much better at half the $. When Bill Walsh took over the Niners... I TRUSTED he was way wiser than me. My best Ideas... Walsh did. Then he took guys I liked and made them BETTER.

That is what i want to see. I don't get a dime for my opinions.. so.. if the guy paid BIG is not even to my standards.... OMG. I don't get resources.. but... I have EVYEBALLS.

But that's one of the reasons I like the current ownership so much, they definitely took a gamble on Bogut's health, but they didn't let the money issue get in the way of the fact that we would be a better team with a healthy big like him. And I don't the gamble was based simply on the potential of Bogut, I think a big part was understanding keeping Monta was hindering Steph AND Klay's development. They knew an offense centered around a undersized ball dominant shooting guard was never going to get them anywhere. Even if Bogut didn't work out, it still would have been additional by way of subtraction at that point.

Return to The General Board