Would you dump Embiid?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Re: Would you dump Embiid? 

Post#101 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Hindenburg wrote:Two back to back season ending surgeries, especially it being rookie years - basically rules out Embiiid ever becoming a superstar

best case scenario Embiiid turns healthy and becomes a nice serviceable big man. Worst case he keeps getting hurt and never plays any meaningful minutes

When was the last time a player (especially rookie) missed two seasons and went on to become a star or a superstar?

Joel Embiid
eskimo
Junior
And1: 185

Post#102 » by eskimo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:54 pm

I can't wait to read and laugh the avalanche of arrogance and stupidity that will be on public display in this thread.
eskimo
Junior

Post#103 » by eskimo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:Sadly he's looking like the next Bynum.

So, the sixers will get several rings before he breaks down? That scenario sounds a hell of a lot better than being the next Oden. As for the OP, zero chance Sixers sell low on Embiid by trading him now. You have to take the gamble that he can get healthy, because he's infinitely more valuable then. Having said that, players like this make me nervous, so if he gets healthy and is playing decent, I probably wouldn't hold on to him for very long. Trade him off and let someone else worry about chronic health issues.

So has your opinion changed now that you've seen him. He has fulfilled your criteria of getting healthy and playing "decent".

And if you still believe he should be traded, what should the Sixers be asking for in return?
eskimo
Junior

Re: 

Post#104 » by eskimo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:18 pm

mateo82 wrote:Value is too low, I'd hold out hope he has a couple of good months next year and then trade him.

Well he has had his good months now.

Do you trade him and what do you ask for in return?
Tinseltown
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,917

Post#105 » by Tinseltown » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:01 pm

eskimo wrote:I can't wait to read and laugh the avalanche of arrogance and stupidity that will be on public display in this thread.

And if Embiid gets hurt again, which is a distinct possibility, you'll be the arrogant one with egg on your face. 3 months of good play on a minutes restriction doesn't make Embiid an NBA iron man all of a sudden.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#106 » by Gus McCrae » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:12 pm

NiqtheAntiq wrote:If you were the Sixers front office what about be a fair offer for him as of today?

Even if I get flammed I will throw an offer I feel that is fair as of June 27th 2015

Celtics trade Terry Rozier,RJ Hunter,Jordan Mickey and a future 1st round pick for Embiid.

Basically I feel he is worth a mid and late first rounder, a high 2nd and a future middle 1st round pick. Thoughts?

I always see those guys in celtics proposed trades and none of them even crack the rotation lol. Embiid is a franchise player none of those guys are close to value. It's like 3 nickels for a dollar.

As a lakerfan I would do something like Randle and Clarkson for him.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#107 » by magnumt » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:NO!

Don't bump a Thread over a year old, to gloat!

Thanks!

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to The General Board