When asked how Kobe-LA pairing would work, Kobe wanted to still be the first option

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Re: When asked how Kobe-LA pairing would work, Kobe wanted to still be the first option 

Post#141 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:45 pm

ChosunX wrote:
Tarik Black wrote:
ChosunX wrote:Since you already accept a retirement tour for a player instead of trying to compete it does not really matter.

should " we" run him out of town? Would that make you feel better?

It would be better for the franchise from a bball point of view but he is not a Spur, so :sleep:

So if it's so boring to you, what point are you trying to make? Kobe is old? Ok. His contract is big? Yup. He will be retiring after a great 20 year career. We are not going to run him out of town and this is not the NFL you just don't cut players.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Re: When asked how Kobe-LA pairing would work, Kobe wanted to still be the first option 

Post#142 » by ChosunX » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:40 pm

Tarik Black wrote:
ChosunX wrote:
Tarik Black wrote:
should " we" run him out of town? Would that make you feel better?

It would be better for the franchise from a bball point of view but he is not a Spur, so :sleep:

So if it's so boring to you, what point are you trying to make? Kobe is old? Ok. His contract is big? Yup. He will be retiring after a great 20 year career. We are not going to run him out of town and this is not the NFL you just don't cut players.

Kobe would not be Kobe without LA, you don't owe him anything.
Chris_SoCal
Sophomore
And1: 171

Post#143 » by Chris_SoCal » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:25 pm

I don't know... I thought it was a tremendous compliment comparing LA to Gasol.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#144 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:00 pm

ChosunX wrote:
Tarik Black wrote:
ChosunX wrote:It would be better for the franchise from a bball point of view but he is not a Spur, so :sleep:

Kobe would not be Kobe without LA, you don't owe him anything.

huh?
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#145 » by almatic » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:20 pm

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
almatic wrote:
IrishBeatdown wrote:He came in an alpha dog and he'll leave an alpha dog.

Enjoy him while hes still around.

When Kobe came in, I'm pretty sure he was the beta, and the alpha dog was a certain 7'1" center who won the Finals MVP for Kobe's first 3 rings.

Obvious agenda you got there buddy, Shaq himself along with Brian Shaw have said that Kobe wanted to be the Alpha Male since he came into he league. I get that you hate Kobe but don't fabricate stuff just so you can feel better about Kobe dropping 81 on your Raptors :D

Wow, are you sensitive for Kobe or what?
Mentioning the 81-pt game? Really? I respect Kobe, it's his riders like yourself that I spite.

There's a difference between WANTING to be the alpha dog & BEING the alpha dog. You can't have TWO alpha's on a squad... and Shaq was the ONE in every season he was a Laker.
almatic
Veteran

Post#146 » by almatic » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:21 pm

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
almatic wrote:

When Kobe came in, I'm pretty sure he was the beta, and the alpha dog was a certain 7'1" center who won the Finals MVP for Kobe's first 3 rings.

Obvious agenda you got there buddy, Shaq himself along with Brian Shaw have said that Kobe wanted to be the Alpha Male since he came into he league. I get that you hate Kobe but don't fabricate stuff just so you can feel better about Kobe dropping 81 on your Raptors :D

Mentioning the 81-pt game? Really? I respect Kobe, it's his riders like yourself that I spite.
What exactly did I fabricate? DO you know the defintion of 'fabricate' even?

There's a difference between WANTING to be the alpha dog & BEING the alpha dog. You can't have TWO alpha's on a squad... and Shaq was the ONE in every season he was a Laker.
almatic
Veteran

Post#147 » by almatic » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:22 pm

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
almatic wrote:

What exactly did I fabricate? Shaq was the alpha, Shaq was the Finals MVP all 3 times. Nothing fabricated. Do you even know the definition of 'fabricate'?

Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer
And1: 873

Post#148 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:28 pm

almatic wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
almatic wrote:

What exactly did I fabricate? Shaq was the alpha, Shaq was the Finals MVP all 3 times. Nothing fabricated. Do you even know the definition of 'fabricate'?

Did I say something that wasn't true? He scored 81 points didn't he? :D
almatic
Veteran

Post#149 » by almatic » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:52 pm

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
almatic wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:

Dodging much? Did I even say the 81 point game was made up? No, it's irrelevant information from I dunno.. 10 years ago or something?

You: "uhhhh I got owned, let's bring up the 81 on his team again instead of a proper rebuttal lulz"
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:58 pm

almatic wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
almatic wrote:

By the second chip both Shaq and Kobe were both Alpha dogs. Which probably explains why they won 3 in a row and also why they could no longer co-exsist. Shaq would probably tell you the same.
Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer

Post#151 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:59 pm

almatic wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
almatic wrote:

Dodging much? Did I even say the 81 point game was made up? No, it's irrelevant information from I dunno.. 10 years ago or something?

You: "uhhhh I got owned, let's bring up the 81 on his team again instead of a proper rebuttal lulz"

You can never own me, you're a Raptor fan, you owned yourself clown.

Ad your whole fabricated lie about what you said is coming to light as a lie, LMA is having a second meeting with the Lakers which means all this negative stuff that was said must've not been true. IF LMA wanted to be a Spur, he would be a Spur by now and not have given the Lakers along with Kobe a listen. Just stop...go get yourself a gf or something, you obviously need a hug :lol:
Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer

Post#152 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:02 pm

Tarik Black wrote:
almatic wrote:
Louie_Ruckuz wrote:

By the second chip both Shaq and Kobe were both Alpha dogs. Which probably explains why they won 3 in a row and also why they could no longer co-exsist. Shaq would probably tell you the same.

He's probably not old enough to remember any of it. :nonono:
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#153 » by ChosunX » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:53 am

Louie_Ruckuz wrote:
Tarik Black wrote:
almatic wrote:

He's probably not old enough to remember any of it. :nonono:

Veez
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#154 » by Veez » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:15 am

details of what Kobe told LMA

Kobe Bryant could only say what he knew.

He had lost faith in the Los Angeles Lakers, Bryant told LaMarcus Aldridge.

Bryant did not believe the franchise could help him win again. Until, much to his awe and delight, Bryant said, the Lakers turned it all around in 2008, getting him Pau Gasol and two more titles.

Bryant didn't stop there: He brought up the blocked Chris Paul trade to Aldridge as even greater proof of Mitch Kupchak's team-building brilliance.

Bryant suggested to Aldridge that attempting to land Paul wasn't just paving the way for even more championships; the Lakers were set to save a ton of money in that deal in an even more extraordinary victory. Although the Paul trade wasn't allowed to go down, Bryant said, it just goes to show that you can count on Kupchak and the Lakers to find a way to get you the help you need.

It was strong, passionate, inspiring stuff. But Bryant's message, and everything else presented to Aldridge in the Lakers' two-hour free-agent meeting with him late Tuesday night, did not hit home. Aldridge gave the Lakers his first audience of free agency, yet he's believed to be leaning toward the San Antonio Spurs or Phoenix Suns, assuming he follows through on leaving the Portland Trail Blazers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2512763-kobes-pitch-to-lamarcus-aldridge-reveals-why-free-agents-are-rebuffing-lakers

but i know this doesnt go with the kobe hate agenda that is so prevalent here on realgm, so carry on
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#155 » by inquisitive » Fri Jul 3, 2015 6:17 pm

kobe will always want to be first option...what else would anyone expect?
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI

Return to The General Board