Basketball Video Games Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Re: Basketball Video Games Thread 

Post#341 » by Triple C » Thu Oct 1, 2015 11:16 pm

What is the best park?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#342 » by MotownMadness » Fri Oct 2, 2015 12:59 am

theGreatRC wrote:Andrew Wiggins did a two handed 360 windmill on Draymond Green lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWeGEHouvE[/youtube]

Draymond took a ass to the face on that one
Magic Boo
Bench Warmer
And1: 953

Post#343 » by Magic Boo » Fri Oct 2, 2015 11:20 am

I made a fantasy draft in myleague with legends (peak versions) and came up with a amazing defensive team:

Chauncey Billups/Mudiay
Courtney Lee/JR Smith
James Johnson/Winslow
Kevin Garnett/David West
Ben Wallace/Nene

Thats so much fun. I can only recommend to do that.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#344 » by KillMonger » Fri Oct 2, 2015 7:45 pm

I'm loving 2k right now but I'm getting my ass handed to me online play now. First 2k since the one with KG on the cover, still getting used to the controls and strategy.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,719

Post#345 » by GameOver25 » Fri Oct 2, 2015 8:20 pm

How come Sheed isn't on here?!? I was looking for him on the old Blazers and Pistons squads.
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,002

Post#346 » by davey_wavy » Sat Oct 3, 2015 9:45 am

Quick notes:

Gameplay much improved
Lied about home and away starting lineups
Too many cutscenes
Interviews between quarters, Shaq Kenny and eernie take too much time.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#347 » by GimmeDat » Sat Oct 3, 2015 10:39 am

GameOver25 wrote:How come Sheed isn't on here?!? I was looking for him on the old Blazers and Pistons squads.

It's presumed Rasheed himself didn't want his likeness in the game, so he's been left out. Disappointing, I know.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#348 » by Han Solo » Sat Oct 3, 2015 6:02 pm

Got the game last night.. It's waaay harder and I'm a lifer.. Like it so far.. Starting to get my franchise going.. Stanley Johnson is nice in this game.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#349 » by bape_lovers » Sat Oct 3, 2015 10:39 pm

MyCareer is great until you hear CEE CEE, FREQ's gf/manager/, VIC talk..stupid storyline

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#350 » by grumpysaddle » Sun Oct 4, 2015 12:05 am

The Spike Lee storyline for My Career was terrible... But.... I don't think it was used correctly. (Even with all the cliche cheese) It might have worked if they extended the high school and college parts of the game. This would also work really well to solve the problem of your player THE WORST SHOOTER OF ALL TIME until you can grind your shooting stats up. The way you play in high school and college should shape your players stats to start off as a rookie. If you're getting selected 1-14 in the first round, you SHOULD NOT have a 55 ranking. Also, add in actual interaction for choices, as well as a few slightly different story lines to reflect different nationalities/races. I wish they'd spend a ton of time making MyCareer what it should be, it always feels half-baked.

Edit: Meaning the Spike Lee cliche story only happens during high school/college, which is like... full seasons of games for each to build your character up, and it ends the night of the draft or right before the draft and converts to normal MyCareer sans Spike Lee.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#351 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Oct 4, 2015 6:18 am

Anyone buy the Atari err....PS3 version of the game? I don't have that much time for games and am still playing 2K12 version. I'm holding onto my PS3 until PS5 comes along and wondering if I should get a new 2K game. I enjoy it enough, but updated rosters would be nice - also it feels dated playing against the New Jersey Nets and Charlotte Bobcats. Is it worth the upgrade?
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
JacobHoward
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#352 » by JacobHoward » Sun Oct 4, 2015 7:00 am

ElectricMayhem wrote:Anyone buy the Atari err....PS3 version of the game? I don't have that much time for games and am still playing 2K12 version. I'm holding onto my PS3 until PS5 comes along and wondering if I should get a new 2K game. I enjoy it enough, but updated rosters would be nice - also it feels dated playing against the New Jersey Nets and Charlotte Bobcats. Is it worth the upgrade?

Most people complain about the last gen version because it hasn't had any changes to the gameplay since 2k14, but if you're still playing 2k12, you'll definitely notice improvements to the gameplay and graphics if you get 2k16. I'd recommend it, especially if you want updated rosters, logos, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,202

Post#353 » by TroubleS0me » Sun Oct 4, 2015 8:18 am

ElectricMayhem wrote:Anyone buy the Atari err....PS3 version of the game? I don't have that much time for games and am still playing 2K12 version. I'm holding onto my PS3 until PS5 comes along and wondering if I should get a new 2K game. I enjoy it enough, but updated rosters would be nice - also it feels dated playing against the New Jersey Nets and Charlotte Bobcats. Is it worth the upgrade?

yea u should upgrade. The defense is better this time, but if u like playing with the classic teams some players from 2k12 have been removed on 2k16. Nic van exel & rick fox are in the game for the 98 lakers but no derek fisher.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#354 » by -Sammy- » Sun Oct 4, 2015 12:49 pm

The reason the MyCareer thing sucks this year is because Spike Lee made it all about Spike Lee. "Look how heavy and intense I can be", "Look at the profound narrative I can create in a video game", etc.

Nobody who plays a basketball game cares about that stuff. We want the story portions to be nonintrusive (so we can focus on the basketball), relatively brief (so we can get back to the basketball), and interactive in a way that actually helps us create the player we want to create (so it pertains to the basketball). Lee's little production was the opposite of each of those things, and that's why most people hate it.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,797

Post#355 » by UcanUwill » Sun Oct 4, 2015 3:23 pm

Besides Mycareer, I can't imagine enjoying that story anywhere. I dont think its intense, its just terrible writing. I want to punch most characters in the face. I think Spike Lee is terrible, it was painful to watch.
I thought I might get this game for Franchise and My career modes, but now I don't know. I fill not touch mycareer thats for sure, oculdn't hanlde that story again.
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#356 » by BJGOAT3 » Sun Oct 4, 2015 11:23 pm

I am glad to see some posts here with complains on the my career mode. I have been frustrated with the repetitiveness of my career mode in 2K, which is why I stopped buying them since 2k13. The Spike Lee story news got me excited with involvement of high school and college games but it is still not satisfactory imo.

First of all the users have little to no choice as everyone mentioned. I used to be fine with starting from the bottom and improving into NBA star concept the first time around but seriously, how many times I have to repeat the same steps to become a star player. I think they should keep this mode on, but without the high school and college game segment, how come a 58 overall player is a top high school/college prospect? They should give us a choice, to be an elite prospect with an overall around 70, in which we can improve by dominating the college games to significantly determine our draft buzz and improve our overall in college. The college recruitment stuff is a very nice addition imo. In order to keep it realistic, since people can put up crazy stats with 75 overall players in my player, the mode can adjust the difficulty without the knowledge of the player in order to normalise the stats of the rookie year around to acceptable rookie superstar potential player stats, such as 20-5-5 for guard/swingmen or 15-9 for big men. Also it should be more difficult to improve the overall during your rookie year, main improvements should come during offseason. This way the my player could actually become a solid realistic game mode.
Nbafanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 214

Post#357 » by Nbafanatic » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:16 am

For you guys that have played 2k16, is the off ball lock for normal full team games(not my career, obviously), is the off ball lock back in the game? I really hated the fact that they removed this from the last two, 2k14 and 2k15 games. We are able to play with an off ball player on nba 2k16?
Magic Boo
Bench Warmer
And1: 953

Re: AW: RE: Re: Basketball Video Games Thread 

Post#358 » by Magic Boo » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:41 pm

Nbafanatic wrote:For you guys that have played 2k16, is the off ball lock for normal full team games(not my career, obviously), is the off ball lock back in the game? I really hated the fact that they removed this from the last two, 2k14 and 2k15 games. We are able to play with an off ball player on nba 2k16?

I dont think thats possible, but you can controll just ONE player during the WHOLE game.
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#359 » by giordunk » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:28 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:The reason the MyCareer thing sucks this year is because Spike Lee made it all about Spike Lee. "Look how heavy and intense I can be", "Look at the profound narrative I can create in a video game", etc.

Nobody who plays a basketball game cares about that stuff. We want the story portions to be nonintrusive (so we can focus on the basketball), relatively brief (so we can get back to the basketball), and interactive in a way that actually helps us create the player we want to create (so it pertains to the basketball). Lee's little production was the opposite of each of those things, and that's why most people hate it.

Why the hell do so many people have such issue with it? MyCareer just becomes regular MyCareer after you play through high school, college, and the pros. And you can skip all the scenes if you wanted to. I was a huge fan of it because this was something never done before in an NBA game, and i didn't think the story was that bad.
i like peanuts
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#360 » by -Sammy- » Tue Oct 6, 2015 4:37 am

giordunk wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:The reason the MyCareer thing sucks this year is because Spike Lee made it all about Spike Lee. "Look how heavy and intense I can be", "Look at the profound narrative I can create in a video game", etc.

Why the hell do so many people have such issue with it? MyCareer just becomes regular MyCareer after you play through high school, college, and the pros. And you can skip all the scenes if you wanted to. I was a huge fan of it because this was something never done before in an NBA game, and i didn't think the story was that bad.

Because it's a waste of time, having to play through a bunch of games that ultimately don't count toward building your player nearly as much as just getting to the regular mode would have. And because 2K wasted all those resources on Lee's ego-trip project- resources that could have gone to making the game better in other ways.

Return to The General Board