Basketball Video Games Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Re: Will Harden be rated higher than Curry in NBA 2k16 

Post#81 » by tmorgan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:27 am

Harden probably SHOULD be rated higher, as he does more things well, and the rating comes from an aggregate.

Thing is, the things Curry does do well he does so RIDICULOUSLY well that, in reality, it doesn't matter. 2K better have that Steph Curry release (as in, it's gone before you can step to him, no matter where the heck he is on the court) right, because that's what makes Steph the man.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#82 » by Takingbaconback » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:32 am

Curry imo is a better overall player than Harden cuz of defense. As far as shooting goes, Curry should be at least 3 or 4 points higher than anybody in the league
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#83 » by RightToCensor » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:36 am

Inside Scoring: Significantly Harden
Outside Scoring: Significantly Curry
Passing: Slightly Harden
Rebounding: Significantly Harden
Handling: Slightly Curry
Basketball I.Q.: Slightly Curry
Consistency: Significantly Curry
Defense: Slightly Harden
Athleticism: Significantly Harden

I'd rate Harden higher since he did single handedly take a inconsistent Rockets team to the 2nd Seed and the WCF.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#84 » by Takingbaconback » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:08 am

RightToCensor wrote:Inside Scoring: Significantly Harden
Outside Scoring: Significantly Curry
Passing: Slightly Harden
Rebounding: Significantly Harden
Handling: Slightly Curry
Basketball I.Q.: Slightly Curry
Consistency: Significantly Curry
Defense: Slightly Harden
Athleticism: Significantly Harden

I'd rate Harden higher since he did single handedly take a inconsistent Rockets team to the 2nd Seed and the WCF.

rofl defense slightly harden? no.

I think passing is slightly curry also.

I'd rate Curry higher because he had a ridiculous shooting performance throughout the playoffs that lifted warriors to a NBA championship
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#85 » by TKainZero » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 am

Curry 95
Harden 93

Lebron 96
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#86 » by tmorgan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:50 am

Given Curry's lack of physical characteristics and Harden's lack of defensive effort, I don't think they're that high. LeBron is still tops, but not the 99 he was at his peak. ADavis might be checking in at #2 as soon as right freakin' now.

LeBron 96
Davis 94
Curry 91
Harden 91

...are my guesses.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#87 » by nba2k16 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:22 pm

As the resident nba2k16 expert, I'm gonna say they will make Curry slightly higher, and maybe only bc he won mvp and won the chip. Whether or not he SHOULD be better is up for debate but I'm sure they will make them close if not equal
jpm312
Rookie
And1: 1,964

Post#88 » by jpm312 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:35 pm

tmorgan wrote:Given Curry's lack of physical characteristics and Harden's lack of defensive effort, I don't think they're that high. LeBron is still tops, but not the 99 he was at his peak. ADavis might be checking in at #2 as soon as right freakin' now.

LeBron 96
Davis 94
Curry 91
Harden 91

...are my guesses.

LeBron got a 94. KD got a 91. Those are the only players in the 90s that have been revealed so far. Supposedly there's 6 players that were given 90+ ratings. Curry, Harden, AD, ... Westbrook??

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBA2KTVs/status/634151995847372801[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/634846676423954433[/tweet]
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#89 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Actually looking forward to getting the game..like to the thought of relocating teams.
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#90 » by Bruteque » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Harden2Capela wrote:
svart wrote:Does the flopping count into the overall rating?

Cause this is the area where harden have the highest advantage.

whose the only player to recieve a fine for flopping in the playoffs

I am pretty sure that Corey Brewer got a fine for flopping in the playoffs vs LAC before Curry got his vs HOU. In any case, I think being caught actually makes you bad at flopping? Yeah? Ultimately, though, I think Harden's flopping skills are overrated. He does exaggerate contact sometimes, but almost always when he actually gets fouled. More importantly, he doesn't even succeed in getting the right calls with his exaggerated contact often, let alone undeserved calls. It's very very rare that you find a non-foul called for Harden on account of his flopping skills. In fact, if the league officiating review process kept an "actual fouls not called for a player" stat, Harden probably tops the list. He gets more "on replay, he was clearly fouled" non-calls against him than every other player I have ever seen. That actually makes him a very ineffective flopper. He doesn't really deserve a higher rating for this because it doesn't actually give him an advantage.

You want to talk about an actual advantage. Try Curry having the skill advantage on running through uncalled moving screens. He has perhaps the highest skill out of the entire league running through uncalled moving screens. Actually, this is such a highly developed (and extremely advantageous) skill among GSW players, I suspect that GSW analytics people honestly looked at the stats on moving screens not called against slightly-built players and systematically integrated this into their team play through their coaching team. The evidence? Go back and look at the Mark Jackson era GSW just a year ago. They did not exploit moving screens even remotely close to the level they did last year. The shift to exploit the uncalled moving screen was clearly systematic and very dramatic. Now that's a real, honest-to-god advantage that ought to be reflected in 2K16 stats, unlike Harden's flopping "phantom advantage" which really isn't even an advantage at all. Curry deserves a higher rating for this.

You know, Jackson's intransigence on franchise-level strategic integrations like this may very well had been a major contributor to his firing. Good catch and good holistic franchise-level execution, GSW, staying ahead of NBA officiating through the use of advanced analytics.
JacobHoward
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#91 » by JacobHoward » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:54 pm

tmorgan wrote:Harden probably SHOULD be rated higher, as he does more things well, and the rating comes from an aggregate.

Thing is, the things Curry does do well he does so RIDICULOUSLY well that, in reality, it doesn't matter. 2K better have that Steph Curry release (as in, it's gone before you can step to him, no matter where the heck he is on the court) right, because that's what makes Steph the man.

Ronnie 2k mentioned Steph's release a couple of weeks ago. He said Steph came in and did the animations for his shot personally.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,659

Post#92 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Lebron, Paul, AD, Harden, KD and Curry are probably going to be the only 90's in the game
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#93 » by Goudelock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:56 pm

jpm312 wrote:
LeBron got a 94. KD got a 91. Those are the only players in the 90s that have been revealed so far. Supposedly there's 6 players that were given 90+ ratings. Curry, Harden, AD, ... Westbrook??

So the Celtics want to acquire Pau Gasol, Al Horford, AND LeBron James? Danny Ainge has some wheeling and dealing to do :lol:
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#94 » by tmorgan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:11 pm

2k ratings are quite misleading anyway... Andre Drummond, 83, that's pretty good, I'll pick him and run my offense through the post...

Oops.

It's possible Curry isn't even one of the 6 in the 90's (Westbrook and Paul, maybe?), but he's still going to be unstoppable if his release is right.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#95 » by TaylorMonkey » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:09 am

tmorgan wrote:2k ratings are quite misleading anyway... Andre Drummond, 83, that's pretty good, I'll pick him and run my offense through the post...

Oops.

It's possible Curry isn't even one of the 6 in the 90's (Westbrook and Paul, maybe?), but he's still going to be unstoppable if his release is right.

No way Westbrook rates above Curry, in real life or otherwise.

My guess would be Curry is a 91-92 under 2K's new scale. Maybe 93 for being MVP/Champ/best performance this season while acknowledging Lebron as the best player in the league.

Harden is probably a point or two below Curry.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#96 » by tmorgan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:22 am

TaylorMonkey wrote:
tmorgan wrote:2k ratings are quite misleading anyway... Andre Drummond, 83, that's pretty good, I'll pick him and run my offense through the post...

Oops.

No way Westbrook rates above Curry, in real life or otherwise.

My guess would be Curry is a 91-92 under 2K's new scale. Maybe 93 for being MVP/Champ/best performance this season while acknowledging Lebron as the best player in the league.

Harden is probably a point or two below Curry.

Westbrook can easily rate above Curry... he's an absolutely insane athlete, and Steph is quite pedestrian except for his godly coordination. I don't think he will this year because Curry is indeed MVP, but it's certainly possible in the future.

Note that that doesn't make RW a better player, because higher rating =/= better player in many cases.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#97 » by TKainZero » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:56 am

Oops.

I remember in 2k13, Drummond was really bad at release, in the 50's I think, and I used him to just thump by buddy.

Also, in 2k13, lebron was a 99, but he was better than that, I heard he was really a 106 or 107 when everything was averaged out, because lebron is literally good at everything on the court
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
young_frogger
Rookie
And1: 965

Post#98 » by young_frogger » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:28 am

jpm312 wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Given Curry's lack of physical characteristics and Harden's lack of defensive effort, I don't think they're that high. LeBron is still tops, but not the 99 he was at his peak. ADavis might be checking in at #2 as soon as right freakin' now.

LeBron 96
Davis 94
Curry 91
Harden 91

...are my guesses.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/634846676423954433[/tweet]

Interesting how they're making the ratings so much lower. I think CP and WB both deserve 90 ratings, and honestly some of the elite bigs like Blake and Cousins, as well as the elite 2-way players like Butler and Leonard probably deserve them too. I get how they're trying to increase the appreciation for high ratings, but I think it is just going to have the 80's become even more clustered than they already are.

Any word on MJ's rating yet? Is he still a 99?

Speaking of 2K16, I heard from a friend that they will be adding a bunch of the awesome teams from yesteryear, including Nash's Suns, T-mac and Yao Rockets, 2004 Pistons, Big 3 Celtics, and 2001 Lakers. Incredibly excited for that, will be interesting to see what those stars' ratings will be as well.
Carry On My Hayward Son
DoubleLintendre
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,621

Post#99 » by DoubleLintendre » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:32 am

Curry seems like he's gonna be in the low 90s imo. I bet the game will make Curry a 92 and Harden 91.

Durant's rating went down because of the injuries, and Curry's will be up because of the MVP win. The other 90s are probably Westbrook and Davis. Westbook will be a 91 and Davis a 90.

CP3 will probably be the one player shafted of his 90. The game will probably make him an 89.
PerFex
Junior
And1: 347

Post#100 » by PerFex » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:00 pm

RightToCensor wrote:Passing: Slightly Harden
Defense: Slightly Harden.

lol. ofcourse not.

Return to The General Board