________ will lead the NBA in PPG in the 2015-16 season

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will lead the NBA in PPG?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 am

Harden
21%
Durrant
40%
Curry
16%
Westbrook
5%
Lillard
8%
Anthony Davis
8%
Cousins
1%
Rose
1%

Total votes: 219

whitesideformip
Junior
And1: 228

Re: ________ will lead the NBA in PPG in the 2015-16 season 

Post#41 » by whitesideformip » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:14 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:How is Durant leading the poll? He's not even the best player on his team so I can't imagine how he's going to be the leading scorer in the NBA.

You can't imagine how he's going to be the leading scorer in the NBA despite the fact that he's already done it 4 times?

Westbrook is better than him now than he was the four times Durant did it before. So I can't imagine Durant beating someone better on his team, let other players that are easily better than him for the scoring title.
Ain't nobody respect my opinion on this damn forum :noway:
makaveli_99
Sixth Man
And1: 559

Post#42 » by makaveli_99 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:19 pm

whitesideformip wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:How is Durant leading the poll? He's not even the best player on his team so I can't imagine how he's going to be the leading scorer in the NBA.

You can't imagine how he's going to be the leading scorer in the NBA despite the fact that he's already done it 4 times?

Westbrook is better than him now than he was the four times Durant did it before. So I can't imagine Durant beating someone better on his team, let other players that are easily better than him for the scoring title.

kindly step away from the forum... take a break.. come back in a few days. :noway:
whitesideformip
Junior
And1: 228

Post#43 » by whitesideformip » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:23 pm

makaveli_99 wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:You can't imagine how he's going to be the leading scorer in the NBA despite the fact that he's already done it 4 times?

kindly step away from the forum... take a break.. come back in a few days. :noway:

Why is that? I was stating my opinion. Something, believe it or not, you're actually allowed to do on a forum.
Ain't nobody respect my opinion on this damn forum :noway:
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,804

Post#44 » by yoyoboy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:28 pm

whitesideformip wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:

How? Durant is a better and far more efficient scorer, he's a better rebounder, and he's a better defender. Westbrook only has the advantage in the facilitating/passing department (though he does run the point, which gives him a leg up).

One season in which Westbrook put up a lot of triple doubles and suddenly you think he's better than Kevin Durant. You realize he was given the freedom to put up gaudy stats, seeing that Durant hardly played last year? If Westbrook missed a good portion of the season, Durant would be putting up some pretty crazy numbers, as well, and I'm willing to bet the Durant-led Thunder would win more games than the Westbrook-led Thunder won last season without Durant.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#45 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:50 pm

McDermott.

#eduardo
#rapsin4

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#46 » by a_sensei » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:28 am

Larry Bird
DudetheObscure
Junior
And1: 532

Post#47 » by DudetheObscure » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:56 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:You can't imagine how he's going to be the leading scorer in the NBA despite the fact that he's already done it 4 times?

How? Durant is a better and far more efficient scorer, he's a better rebounder, and he's a better defender. Westbrook only has the advantage in the facilitating/passing department (though he does run the point, which gives him a leg up).

One season in which Westbrook put up a lot of triple doubles and suddenly you think he's better than Kevin Durant. You realize he was given the freedom to put up gaudy stats, seeing that Durant hardly played last year? If Westbrook missed a good portion of the season, Durant would be putting up some pretty crazy numbers, as well, and I'm willing to bet the Durant-led Thunder would win more games than the Westbrook-led Thunder won last season without Durant.

Yeah, KD went on a 30+ pt. tear 2 yrs ago when Russ was out.

That being said, KD won't lead the league this year. He will be quite capable, but I think Donovan won't play him, RW or Ibaka as many minutes as Brooks did.

I think Harden will lead the league. He will be on a mission to win the MVP and will do whatever it takes to win it even if it is to his team's detriment.
Thomas Hardy abides
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#48 » by laika » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:29 pm

I'll pick Anthony Davis. He has increased his scoring and efficiency every year.

Westbrook/Durant/Kanter will split too much of the scoring to pick Durant. Besides, his minutes will probably be lowered.
Harden will lose points to Lawson and Howard. James will lose points to Irving and Love.
Axel
Veteran
And1: 1,133

Post#49 » by Axel » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Kobe Bryant
Clevelander
Junior
And1: 244

Post#50 » by Clevelander » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 am

Why would you leave LBJ off the poll?
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#51 » by ken6199 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 am

Here comes whitesideformip, and his 'Russ > KD, and KD is not even the best player on his team' theory, which we discussed for days already in another post.

Good seeing you again bud.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#52 » by ken6199 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:13 am

DudetheObscure wrote:I think Harden will lead the league. He will be on a mission to win the MVP and will do whatever it takes to win it even if it is to his team's detriment.

Have to disagree with this one. Harden has never been a selfish player on the court throughout his career. His assist number for the 2nd half of last season says everything. He could have gone all out for the scoring title, which he led for most part of the year (partially thanks to Westbrook's injury, as WB had an higher average but lack of minimum games required for the ranking). He didn't go that way.

If his aim was to win the MVP next year, he wouldn't have asked for more PG help directly from Moray - which landed Lawson. Beverly would have been a perfect PG to set up the scene of 'Harden does everything'.

Dwight is entering his last non-player-option year of his contract, his backup is the 2nd year Capella or 50 yr old Hayes on a one year deal. Jones and Montiejunas both entering the final years of their contract and behind them we have an unproven PF in Harrell. Ariza just passed 30 and is not getting any younger, Harden knows his championship window is right now. He will do everything to help the team win, just like last year.
Peja Stojakovic
Starter
And1: 2,939

Post#53 » by Peja Stojakovic » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:22 am

putting rose in the poll options is just mean
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#54 » by Bertrob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:27 am

Give me Durant, I predict a healthy high scoring season
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#55 » by WesleyExChiFan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:26 am

Melo probably, if healthy. after him, Harden and KD.
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Re: RE: Re: ________ will lead the NBA in PPG in the 2015-16 season 

Post#56 » by WesleyExChiFan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:27 am

SpinninHouse wrote:McDermott.

#eduardo
#rapsin4

You're my hero
DudetheObscure
Junior
And1: 532

Post#57 » by DudetheObscure » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:02 am

ken6199 wrote:
DudetheObscure wrote:I think Harden will lead the league. He will be on a mission to win the MVP and will do whatever it takes to win it even if it is to his team's detriment.

Have to disagree with this one. Harden has never been a selfish player on the court throughout his career. His assist number for the 2nd half of last season says everything. He could have gone all out for the scoring title, which he led for most part of the year (partially thanks to Westbrook's injury, as WB had an higher average but lack of minimum games required for the ranking). He didn't go that way.

If his aim was to win the MVP next year, he wouldn't have asked for more PG help directly from Moray - which landed Lawson. Beverly would have been a perfect PG to set up the scene of 'Harden does everything'.

Dwight is entering his last non-player-option year of his contract, his backup is the 2nd year Capella or 50 yr old Hayes on a one year deal. Jones and Montiejunas both entering the final years of their contract and behind them we have an unproven PF in Harrell. Ariza just passed 30 and is not getting any younger, Harden knows his championship window is right now. He will do everything to help the team win, just like last year.

So Harden asked Morey for PG help which landed Lawson? Or did Lawson fall into their laps because of his DUI problems? Plus if Harden were so unselfish and concerned about championships he would've stayed with the Thunder.
Thomas Hardy abides
Melo77
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#58 » by Melo77 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 am

Harden
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#59 » by ken6199 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:27 am

DudetheObscure wrote:
ken6199 wrote:

So Harden asked Morey for PG help which landed Lawson? Or did Lawson fall into their laps because of his DUI problems? Plus if Harden were so unselfish and concerned about championships he would've stayed with the Thunder.

Yes Harden literally asked Morey during the exit interview after last year's WCF, for more PG help. He didn't say Lawson of course, but he did say he wanted someone who can help him distributing and creating. That at least does not mean re-signing Beverly, and putting the context of him wanting to compete in the west, that doesn't mean Mo Williams either I think.

Leaving OKC wasn't his first intention. Mind you, he didn't ask for a trade like Melo did to Denver, he got traded, or lets say Presti traded him. Harden was given an offer which he thought at the time did not match his value, and rightfully so. Do you call that selfish? You can say that's just my own interpretation, of course, we all have different opinion about what is 'selfishness' what isn't.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#60 » by Jkam31 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:55 am

KF10 wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:I think the top 15 scoring leaders will go something like this:

Durant ~ 28 ppg
Harden ~ 27 ppg
Carmelo ~ 26.5 ppg
Lillard ~ 26 ppg
Davis ~ 25.5 ppg
LeBron ~ 24.5 ppg
Westbrook ~ 24.5 ppg
Cousins ~ 23.5 ppg
Curry ~ 23 ppg
Griffin ~ 23 ppg
Klay ~ 22.5 ppg
Kyrie ~ 22 ppg
Wiggins ~ 21.5 ppg
Kobe ~ 21 ppg
George ~ 21 ppg

Cousins averaged 24.8 ppg (18.2 FGA) with George Karl as head coach last season. I could see him more or less the same next season. His ppg will be higher if he averaged more FGA -- at a minimum ~20 FGA is needed to become ppg leader in the NBA if you look past ppg leaders non-Durant years. If Cousins do that, I could see him averaging 28 ppg ..maybe 29 ppg depending on scoring efficiency. Which are easily the numbers needed to be considered to be among ppg leader.

I'd rather see Boogie leave his ppg alone and improve with his apg and tpg. His efficiency will go up he was pretty efficiency before he got sick and that month if ball getting back and playing under the moron known as Corbin skewed his effeminacy rating. I'd like to see him at 24-13-4

Return to The General Board