Predict the Stat Title Winners for the 2015-16 Season

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

young_frogger
Rookie
And1: 965

Predict the Stat Title Winners for the 2015-16 Season 

Post#1 » by young_frogger » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:32 am

Who does everybody think will be the NBA's leader in the major statistical categories next season? There was a thread recently about the scoring title, but I thought it would be fun to do the rest as well. My Predictions:
I'm gonna stick with my gut and say Kevin Durant. While I could see Harden or somebody else winning it, the fact remains that when he's healthy, he's the best in the business and scores more effortlessly than anybody. This year he'll be on a mission to prove he's the best in the world.
Rebounds
Drummond: Crazy to think he's only 21 years old and such a monstrous rebounder. I think his minutes and production will go up while Deandre's minutes and production may go down slightly.
Assists
Wall, 10Apg last season and he has gotten better nearly every season, still very young and I expect him to take a step up this year as he's still more or less the only playmaker on the team. Chris Paul on the other hand will probably play less minutes for health reasons. Rondo also has a chance but who knows how featured he will be in the King's offense.
Steals
Kawhi Leonard: No reason why he shouldn't be able to lead the league in steals once again, coming off of a DPOY award and only 23 years old, I don't see why he wouldn't continue to improve.
Blocks
This is a tough one between Whiteside, Davis and Gobert, but I am going to go with Gobert because I believe he will have increased minutes/production with him having proved himself last season and Kanter being gone. Whiteside still has questions about his attitude/health and AD will have too big of a role on offense. I think 3 BPG is totally possible for the steifle tower.
FG%
Deandre, dude shot a ridiculous 71% last season and will still have CP3 throwing him lobs, there's no way he doesn't win it again.
FT%
Stephen Curry.
FTA
Easy one, James Harden
3PA
Another easy one, Steph Curry
3pt%
Not sure what the status on Korver's health is, if he's 100% then it's hard to see him not winning this, but if not I think Eric Gordon or possibly Steph could win it this year.
PER
This has got to be Anthony Davis, dude was a monster last year leading the league in PER and is only going to improve. All the other main candidates (Steph, Lebron, KD, Harden, Westbrook) have a lot more help and will probably look to conserve their health during the regular season.

TLDR Points: KD, Rebounds: Drummond, Assists: Wall, Steals: Leonard, Blocks: Gobert, FG%: Jordan, FT%: Curry, FTA: Harden, 3PA: Curry, 3pt%: Korver, PER: Davis.
Carry On My Hayward Son
ReKon
Senior
And1: 430

Re: Predict the Stat Title Winners for the 2015-16 Season 

Post#2 » by ReKon » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:40 am

Points:Harden.With Lawson on the team he won t have to be the only one handling the ball on offense and Lawson was one of the top 3 in assists last season

Rebounds:DeAndre repeats.The guy had 15 rpg last season which is a crazy number.Gobert and Drummond are solid candidates too(Drummond averaged 13.5 with Monroe averaging 10 and Rudy averaged 13.3 after the ASB)

Assists:Wall.He s entering his prime years and the Wizards have the same core for a couple of years now so he knows how to run their system and find his teammates.Rondo and CP3 will be his main competition and Rubio is my darkhorse if he ever stays healthy

Steals:Tony Allen.Kawhi will probably get some rest when the games aren t close for the Spurs and be preserved to be fresh for the playoffs but he is still a favourite.My darkhorse here is Paul George if he is 100% throughtout the year.

Blocks:Hassan Whiteside.He ended up second in BPG while playing 23 mpg.The dude had a triple double with blocks last season and it s his contract year.Rudy AD Drummond Ibaka and DeAndre will all go for the crown in a tough category to predict

FG%:DeAndre hands down.All he ll do is get the lobs CP3 sends his way.Tyson Chandler will be second

FT%:Steph Curry.No explanation needed

FTA:I m going to go on a limb and say Cousins.If Rondo can get him the ball in the paint he s going to go to the FT line a lot.Harden is the favourite of course but Cousins is up there with him

3PTA:Curry and Klay will battle for this but Steph will emerge victorious

3PT%:I m going with Klay over Steph in this one

PER:AD no doubt.Gentry will make him the focal point and AD will dominate
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#3 » by LesGrossman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:25 pm

Rubio could lead in Steals, Assists and Triple-Doubles (but people would still be whining about his lack of shooting ability :D )
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Magic Boo
Bench Warmer
And1: 953

Post#4 » by Magic Boo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:30 pm

Rebounds: Whiteside
Assists: Paul
Steals: Leonard
Blocks: Whiteside
FG%: Whiteside
FT%: Curry
FTA: Durant
3PA: Lillard
3pt%: Korver
PER: Davis
Chriscarr9924
Sophomore
And1: 146

Post#5 » by Chriscarr9924 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Rebounds: Drummond
Assists: Wall
Steals: Leonard
Blocks: Gobert
FG%: Jordan
FT%: Curry
FTA: Harden
3PA: Lillard
3pt%: Korver
PER: Davis

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#6 » by ken6199 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:16 pm

PPG:
Lawson as the most 'drive and kick APG' point guard last season, Harden can afford to drive less + spot shooting more from distance, less FTA/FTM, but more 3PA/3PM. These two will likely cancel each other out and not work as an advantage to him.

I think KD got this in the bag if Donovan does not reduce his role in the new system. Others don't really have a shot, AD not shooting enough 3, LeBron coasting a bit.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#7 » by Higga » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:30 pm

PPG: Harden
APG: Wall
RPG: Cousins
BPG: Davis
SPG: Leonard
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,532

Post#8 » by ropjhk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:54 pm

I like the OP's picks and will attach my name to his post.
hodgy#11
Sixth Man
And1: 663

Post#9 » by hodgy#11 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Rebounds: Jordan
Assists: Wall
Steals: Paul
Blocks: Gobert
FG%: Gobert
FT%: Korver
FTA: Hraden