Crazy EC playoff-seed-predictions

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Re: Crazy EC playoff-seed-predictions 

Post#41 » by Jvaughn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:53 am

I like the Bucks future, but they're getting wildly overrated this summer.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#42 » by damecurry » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:49 am

I see people saying the bucks are getting way overrated, and literally everyone that's posted in this thread has them at 5th seed at best (were 6th last year) I mean overrated by whom besides me? I don't understand where there's this consensus that they'll be great, I posted this thread, under the title crazy predictions, because I'm not hearing anyone rate them extremely highly like I think they could be. So they might be vastly overrated in the OP of this thread but that's about the only place I've seen it, so what am I missing?
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 938

Re: RE: Re: Crazy EC playoff-seed-predictions 

Post#43 » by rapluva » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:32 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Wade4life3 wrote:Lol i don't know what you homies smokin but i truly believe Miami will trash the EC next year. Just looking at their roster it makes me wet, i don't get how all those lame ass EC teams gonna handle a potential 4 all stars, 6moty, all rookie 1st team guy, etc. Their injury problems are overblown especially now when they are 10 deep. Good luck to the rest of the EC teams though, we'll see :)

You should never say, "makes me wet".........Ever!

Unless he's a chick..;)
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#44 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:52 am

damecurry wrote:I see people saying the bucks are getting way overrated, and literally everyone that's posted in this thread has them at 5th seed at best (were 6th last year) I mean overrated by whom besides me? I don't understand where there's this consensus that they'll be great, I posted this thread, under the title crazy predictions, because I'm not hearing anyone rate them extremely highly like I think they could be. So they might be vastly overrated in the OP of this thread but that's about the only place I've seen it, so what am I missing?

You've missed a lot. Unfortunately, I'm currently too lazy to search for the thread about the Bucks.
Manute Lol
Sixth Man
And1: 2,252

Post#45 » by Manute Lol » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:57 am

ITT: a Blazers fan with the name "Curry" in his handle gives irrational love to the Bucks, a Hawks fan sounds like Greg Popovich coming from my ass talking about "the system" and "the process", and Heat fans talk about their vaginas and act like massive homers. God bless the offseason.
antistrat wrote:What Golden State isn't realizing is that their offense has been neutralized. It isn't coming back. Cleveland is too long, too athletic, too fast, too gritty and too smart as a team.
NBA4u
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#46 » by NBA4u » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Would like to hear someones take on this.

assuming all healthy

CLE
CHI
MIA
WSH
MIL
TOR
ATL
NY

I think ATL when you look at it are really going to have to rely on their team play like last year and think everyone else got better. NY over IND, BOS, CHA because They rebranded and think theyll edge out. If you highly consider coaching then NY is on the bottom tier ist of that 4.

MIL are going to be fine in the regular season, their 3pt shooting will kill them come playoff time but I expect their defense to remain in the top 4 even if monroe is a bum defensively
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#47 » by Latrell » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:53 pm

SanDavid wrote:1. Brooklyn Nets
2. Boston Celtics
3. Milwaukee Bucks
4. Washington Wizards
5. Toronto Raptors
6. Chicago Bulls
7. Cleveland Cavaliers
8. Atlanta Hawks

Mine's crazier

Last year's playoff seedings but just reversed. :P
rcfc1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,586

Post#48 » by rcfc1 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:56 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Wade4life3 wrote:Lol i don't know what you homies smokin but i truly believe Miami will trash the EC next year. Just looking at their roster it makes me wet, i don't get how all those lame ass EC teams gonna handle a potential 4 all stars, 6moty, all rookie 1st team guy, etc. Their injury problems are overblown especially now when they are 10 deep. Good luck to the rest of the EC teams though, we'll see :)

You should never say, "makes me wet".........Ever!

What about "moist"?
floppymoose wrote:I'm starting to see the value of adding Durant.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,470

Post#49 » by Ball4life32 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:58 pm

If the Hawks stay relatively healthy they will be no lower than 4th. Hawks finish higher than people think every year but people will never learn.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,956

Post#50 » by Potential » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 pm

1. Cleveland

2. Detroit
3. Atlanta
4. Chicago
5. Milwaukee
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Miami
Ball4life32
Veteran

Post#51 » by Ball4life32 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:05 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:1.Cavs
2.Bulls
3.Heat
4.Raptors
5.Wizards
6.Bucks
7.Hawks
8.Pacers

- Cavs deserve to be Favorites atm
- The Bulls will be good this season (The Front Office Drama is gone)
- Heat I need to see Bosh play again and also need to see Whiteside back it up
- Bucks and Hawks are being Overhyped.
- The Wizards should be good this season.

You do know that the 7th seed in the East only won 40 games last year? The Hawks won 60 games(would have been more if they weren't resting starters). Their is a 0% chance they finish 7th unless half the team gets hurt...I really hope you don't believe they will drop off that bad. :lol:
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#52 » by NEM » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:10 pm

1. Cavs
2. Heat
3. Hawks
4. Bulls
5. Wizards
6. Raptors
7. Bucks
8. Magic
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Clevelander
Junior
And1: 244

Post#53 » by Clevelander » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Potential wrote:1. Cleveland

2. Detroit
3. Atlanta
4. Chicago
5. Milwaukee
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Miami

Detroit at 2?? GTFO :lol:
Manute Lol
Sixth Man
And1: 2,252

Post#54 » by Manute Lol » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:47 pm

NBA4u wrote:Would like to hear someones take on this.

assuming all healthy...

I stopped right there. Worst assumption ever.
antistrat wrote:What Golden State isn't realizing is that their offense has been neutralized. It isn't coming back. Cleveland is too long, too athletic, too fast, too gritty and too smart as a team.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#55 » by Rastas » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Hahaha Heat boys beating their chests again , I remember they did that last year also and how did that turn out.

Maybe they need to make the finals this season and get swept to knock some sense into them.

My crazy predictions

1. CLE

2. ATL

3. CHI
4. WIZ
5. MIL
6. DET
7. TOR
8. MIA
mtlraps
Sophomore
And1: 164

Re: RE: Re: Crazy EC playoff-seed-predictions 

Post#56 » by mtlraps » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

This is one of the most delusional things I've ever read on this board. And thats saying a lot.

It's not even the most delusional post in this thread. Not that I agree, even slightly, with this guy but the OP has Milwaukee at 2 lmao
pewing33ny
Rookie
And1: 184

Post#57 » by pewing33ny » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Manute Lol wrote:ITT: a Blazers fan with the name "Curry" in his handle gives irrational love to the Bucks, a Hawks fan sounds like Greg Popovich coming from my ass talking about "the system" and "the process", and Heat fans talk about their vaginas and act like massive homers. God bless the offseason.

Says the GSW fan who just happened to register this year.

I've been a diehard Knick fan for 20+ years so I naturally hate Miami but I think they're by far the most dangerous team in the east outside of the Cavs. My favorite non-Knick is Dirk and thus I really dislike Wade for flopping his way to a chip in 2006. That being said, Wade still put up 21.5/4.8/3.5 last year. He is extremely crafty and as much as I dislike him, I can't count him out. Bosh has always been solid and hopefully he'll be okay. Then you have a full season of Dragic/Whiteside (it's also Whiteside's contract year) and throw in all that depth.

I don't see anyone besides the Cavs who is definitely better. Atlanta will probably take a step back and I think they peaked last year with that roster. The Wiz (I like them a lot) have lost Pierce which will affect them more than people think although the growth of Wall/beal/Porter can offset that. I've always thought Chicago was overrated but Rose did prove me wrong last year because I thought he would be like 2014 where he shot 35%, but I'm not too thrilled with them.

We'll see what happens, there are a lot of good, but not great teams in the east and I don't see anyone besides the Cavs really separating themselves between the 2-7 seeds. Kind of like the West last year, just more watered down.
2016 predictions

GSW Clippers OKC Spurs Cleveland Hawks Miami Toronto
GSW Spurs Cleveland Miami
GSW Cleveland

Cavs 2016 champs
Ball4life32
Veteran

Post#58 » by Ball4life32 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:13 pm

How do the Hawks make the ECF yet people still think they peaked? I understand we didn't get a game off the Cavs but I think they should have won game 1 and 3.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,401

Post#59 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:33 pm

jayu70 wrote:Crazy Indeed.
Bucks at 2?
Bucks will miss the veteran leaders of Zaza, Illyasova and Dudley. Not flashy guys but understood and played their roles and did the dirty work. They may score more points but I think their defense will suffer.

How many times do we have to tell you all.

No they won't.

Bucks ceiling is 2 and their floor is 6.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Post#60 » by RealityIsDemar » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:59 pm

1. Cleveland Cavilers
2. Toronto Raptors
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Miami Heat
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. Atlanta Hawks