MJ will not pursue legal action for "Crying Jordan" Meme

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

DeadHorse
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Re: MJ will not pursue legal action for "Crying Jordan" Meme 

Post#101 » by DeadHorse » Mon Feb 8, 2016 12:16 pm

HireTZ (And Bruno).
rabbitsfoot8
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#102 » by rabbitsfoot8 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 5:47 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:I just can't imagine that if I have as much money as MJ has that I would care about a Grocery store in Chicago using my name.

Dude you said it. Rich people seem to find weird things to get upset about. You have like a billion dollars...your girlfriend is like 10 hotter than any chick i've ever had...and you're the best baller to ever live...and somehow you're worried about some picture being posted of you? I'd be too busy driving my Ferrari's and sailing my yachts...Please let me get rich so I can show them how to not worry about that kinda ****...lol :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
TONYROMOHOF
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#103 » by TONYROMOHOF » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:11 pm

rabbitsfoot8 wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:I just can't imagine that if I have as much money as MJ has that I would care about a Grocery store in Chicago using my name.

Dude you said it. Rich people seem to find weird things to get upset about. You have like a billion dollars...your girlfriend is like 10 hotter than any chick i've ever had...and you're the best baller to ever live...and somehow you're worried about some picture being posted of you? I'd be too busy driving my Ferrari's and sailing my yachts...Please let me get rich so I can show them how to not worry about that kinda ****...lol :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hes not scanning for this ****

His legal team is always working

He may have spent three minutes of his own time on this
Deadpool Raptor
Bench Warmer
And1: 872

Post#104 » by Deadpool Raptor » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:56 pm

The Jordan brand is huge, with full time employees and legal team to deal with stuff like that. If you think it's petty there are laws some places that say if you don't work to protect your trademark/brand, the court won't work to protect you down the line.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#105 » by Wonderllama » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:52 pm

I just hate how kids who have never seen Jordan play now recognize him more for his crying face than the player he was.
I beg to differ
Veteran
And1: 4,693

Post#106 » by I beg to differ » Tue Feb 9, 2016 4:14 am

EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#107 » by EAS Law » Tue Feb 9, 2016 4:24 am

No one is making money off of his image in this situation. A defamation suit fails because there isn't any intentional malice or attempt to harm him. It's kind of tough to get an injunction against the entire world under no particular situation or circumstance, so for now, and the foreseeable future, we get to LOLZ.
I beg to differ
Veteran
And1: 4,693

Post#108 » by I beg to differ » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:02 pm

EAS Law wrote: A defamation suit fails because there isn't any intentional malice or attempt to harm him.

There is now.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#109 » by ItsThatEasy » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:15 pm

Don't think I've ever And 1'd so many posts in one thread before.

Well done guys....well done.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,729

Post#110 » by California Gold » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:19 pm

EAS Law wrote:No one is making money off of his image in this situation. A defamation suit fails because there isn't any intentional malice or attempt to harm him. It's kind of tough to get an injunction against the entire world under no particular situation or circumstance, so for now, and the foreseeable future, we get to LOLZ.

Exactly and he/his legal team doesn't care unless people are trying to make money off of it. The original article from the OP fails to state this. Almost seems incomplete.

Here's a better article: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4694356-crying-michael-jordan-meme-mj-doesnt-mind-use

I would understand suing if it's trying to protect a brand if someone is trying to profit off of it.
Dajadeed
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,643

Post#111 » by Dajadeed » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:42 pm

Wonderllama wrote:I just hate how kids who have never seen Jordan play now recognize him more for his crying face than the player he was.

It's the way of the world.

Nothing to hate. Kids today don't remember Barry Sanders, Joe Montana... Hell, kids today only know Charles Barkley as that funny dude on Inside the NBA instead of one of the true freaks of nature in league history.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#112 » by ItsThatEasy » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:55 pm

Dajadeed wrote:
Wonderllama wrote:I just hate how kids who have never seen Jordan play now recognize him more for his crying face than the player he was.

It's the way of the world.

Nothing to hate. Kids today don't remember Barry Sanders, Joe Montana... Hell, kids today only know Charles Barkley as that funny dude on Inside the NBA instead of one of the true freaks of nature in league history.

Hmmmm, I'm really trying to decide if it's worse now in terms of remembering sports/music figures.

You'd think with the ease of YouTube kids would be more likely to see stars from before they were born right.

Hell, I never saw Bird or Magic play in my life but now I'm fully immersed in their careers thanks to YouTube; not just highlights either but full games.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,359

Post#113 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:04 pm

cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to The General Board