Curry is god

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ranlamjon
Banned User
And1: 56

Re: Curry is god 

Post#321 » by ranlamjon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:50 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:Just unreal

I just don't understand how you can get to this shooting level, and where was it when he entered the league? It's like he sold his soul or something.

Put in that work, work at ur craft.......... see the results.....

Holla
rasta_marley
Starter
And1: 509

Post#322 » by rasta_marley » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:55 am

1UPZ wrote:I was like this is so in... Then yup.. Went in. I screamed BS but you just knew its coming.

The guy is the best shooter ever... And one of the best scoring season...

But people need to calm down with the best overall player call. Best scorer ever?? This is his first scoring title likely... Jordan has 8 plus season of 30ppg and scoring crown with limited 3pt shot... Ive seen Jordan do this many times but inside the arc on multiple defenders.

With that said... Curry is undeniably having a cheat god mode season... 3pt rating cranked up to the historic levels in volume and efficiency.

In time we will be watching this season in a nutshell and just have highlights of Curry draining 3s like a layup and just be in awe at that this is the greatest display of shooting ability ever.

It would be interesting to see how curry would do with hand checking.
Heej wrote:And tbh I'm not entirely convinced MJ wasn't just the 90s version of KD.

:lol:
ranlamjon
Banned User

Post#323 » by ranlamjon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:01 pm

rasta_marley wrote:
1UPZ wrote:I was like this is so in... Then yup.. Went in. I screamed BS but you just knew its coming.

But people need to calm down with the best overall player call. Best scorer ever?? This is his first scoring title likely... Jordan has 8 plus season of 30ppg and scoring crown with limited 3pt shot... Ive seen Jordan do this many times but inside the arc on multiple defenders.

With that said... Curry is undeniably having a cheat god mode season... 3pt rating cranked up to the historic levels in volume and efficiency.

In time we will be watching this season in a nutshell and just have highlights of Curry draining 3s like a layup and just be in awe at that this is the greatest display of shooting ability ever.

hand checking doesn't exist... over

holla
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#324 » by pass first » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:36 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:He has one ring, he is not the best player ever yet get real.

So you need to see his career play out before reading the writing on the wall?
pass first
Head Coach

Post#325 » by pass first » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:51 pm

crazy_me_87 wrote:People need to watch more closely what they are saying. There is a difference between the validated "Curry is playing better then anybody before currently" .. or "Curry>MJ" ..the second one is problematic because it does not make clear if it means "Curry over MJ in a single season on offense" or "Curry over MJ for their careers" One can assume onbody would take Curry over MJ in terms of careers right now? or can we?

Apparently not everybody is into that, and want to wait to see what Curry achieves first. Others extrapolate/project.

crazy_me_87 wrote:Even if Curry goes onto a 4 Peat with 4 MVPs and 3 FMVPs he will always lack behind in guys like MJ,Lebron etc in things like All NBA Selections,ALL Star Selections and especially ALL NBA Defensive Selections. He will never catch them in terms of Allocade Volume.

That's what you think. So you already rank him too (but below Jordan - and others).
Cuban_Linx
Rookie
And1: 1,372

Post#326 » by Cuban_Linx » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:57 pm

SunKing wrote:Curry evolution is like Lionel Messi one IMHO (for those who follow football/soccer).

He was clearly known from the start for his one incredible skillset (shooting for one, dribbling for the other).

A lot of injuries, then he was known as one of the best player in the world but didn't have necessarly the background to prove it.

Then there's that year (2008/2009 for Messi and 2014/2015 for Curry) where they just blow the whole world away and having find the good coaching they needed (Pep for one, Steve for the other). The more the times passes the more they redefined the limits of their skillset.

Until a time where they become really unreal and then they lose a step... Like 2012/2013 Messi and now he's still one of the greatest but he definitely isn't anymore at his 2009/2013 prime. So now, where Curry can go anyfuther ?? I give him until his 31 years old so his prime will be 3/4 more years.

This is the closest analogy in my opinion. The only difference is that it took Curry 5 years longer than Messi to get to an alltime level. Steph became truly great at age 26 and then shattered everything at age 27, while Messi did those things at age 21 and 22 respectively. That's what's gonna make the difference. People will always hold it against Curry that he didn't get to that level sooner and that's the main thing his detractors will bring up against him as the GOAT.

My prediction is he'll end up GOAT anyway if he keeps this level up. After a couple seasons of stomping over everybody in history and desensitizing the public with your greatness, arguments against you just vanish. 3 more seasons of Steph doing this while racking up MVPs and rings and he'll have broken the spirits of every single one of his detractors. At a certain point it's just too overwhelming.
"If I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me."
- KD on not going outside anymore.
pass first
Head Coach

Post#327 » by pass first » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:00 pm

I just don't understand how you can get to this shooting level, and where was it when he entered the league? It's like he sold his soul or something.

Well it was clear from the start of his career imo that he was a potential all-time great shooter, but he didn't took (m)any really unconventional shots then.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#328 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:12 pm

His work ethic shows how intense he pushes himself.
Cuban_Linx
Rookie
And1: 1,372

Post#329 » by Cuban_Linx » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:12 pm

rasta_marley wrote:

Hand checking is basically keeping a hand on a guy that's tryna drive past you. That's not gonna do much against Curry's shooting and any decent screen would free him up anyway. He'd still dominate to this extent
"If I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me."
- KD on not going outside anymore.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#330 » by crazy_me_87 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:37 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:His work ethic shows how intense he pushes himself.

I have to say i am shocked about how much he has improved since entering the NBA. especially from Borderline All Star(2013) to Maybe best Single Season Player ever.

Has any GOAT level player ever improved this much after entering the NBA?
I cant remember one. All i can think of where clearly elite from Day 1 in the NBA.

Its a big reason why i was so skeptic till very recently. I just could not believe a guy not even an All Star at age 24, 3 years ago, doing what he does now AND keep it up. But seemingly he can.. and *gulp* even shows a potential another Level of Play recently.

I will stand by my "keep calm a bit people with the GOAT screaming".. because no matter how high he peaks.. what if he has a career altering injury next season(*knocks on wood* i dont wish that on anybody).. would the highest Peak single season ever be worth more than 8+ almost as great Seasons by guys like MJ,Lebron,KAJ etc?..... But i cant argue with his Level of Play at the moment. I have not seen a guy making it look THIS easy since 99-02 Shaq. And you cant Hack a Curry...
Senior
Sixth Man
And1: 3,668

Post#331 » by Senior » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:38 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGjN-TjUEQA[/youtube]
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 928

Post#332 » by Captain_Obvious » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:56 pm

Senior wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGjN-TjUEQA[/youtube]

fake
Senior
Sixth Man
And1: 3,668

Post#333 » by Senior » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:
Senior wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGjN-TjUEQA[/youtube]

fake

edit: I should read people's usernames before posting
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#334 » by seanbig » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:00 pm

This is like tiger back in the day with his huge 300+ drives and blowing the competition out of the water

The same buzz same comparisons to jack Nicholas

Hopefully not the same downfall
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
emi_b7
Junior
And1: 498

Post#335 » by emi_b7 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:28 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:
Senior wrote:
Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGjN-TjUEQA[/youtube]

fake

Strong user name to post correlation :lol:
WIN
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,821

Post#336 » by WIN » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:29 pm

He was actually an elite shooter as a rookie as well. The guy has been putting up ridiculous shooting %s since day 1. People keep bringing up that he's really only had just about 2 elite seasons, but in reality its been 4 in a row IMO with every year getting more elite.
ranlamjon
Banned User

Post#337 » by ranlamjon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Elite Splashes.........

holla
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,735

Post#338 » by naabzor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:40 pm

He was absolutely great from the start. Only injuries was slowing him down... Sure he went from really good to best player in the league, not that simple.
ranlamjon
Banned User

Post#339 » by ranlamjon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Ya'll calling him G.O.D.

bump

Holla

WOW
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#340 » by PizzaSteve » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:20 pm

NiqtheAntiq wrote:He looks more comfortable on the court than any player ive ever seen and I watched the 95-96 Bulls as it was happening.

His drive is even beyond Jordan's at his age, he makes Kobe looks like a peon in terms of understanding the team game even while shooting the lights out of the arena.

Some could debate if he is the best but I feel he is the most natural player on the court to have ever played this early in his career. He loves the game that much ever since childhood and its nice to see his dream payoff in such a epic way.

Be like Mike? I beg the differ. Jordan thought that he fully had the game figured out and then Curry comes along....

Jordan is still the best because he played at a high level for so long, if Curry can endure a 18 year plus career doing this he will be the greatest.

This is a good post. While I am in awe of the rhythm threes 5 feet beyond the arch, what was really impressive was in early OT clutch time, down 5, after KD sank his three to go ahead at end of reg, Curry calmly dribbles up court with his fake hangdog facial expression. He tricks OKC into switching Durant into him and he makes a quick move, then slows just enough so Durant is forced to run into him over his back, he protects the ball in his outside hand and forces the 6th foul. You can see him grin slightly because he knows it isn't about pts at that moment, it is about getting Durant out, throwing Westbrook into panic takeover mode and then letting the Warriors superior plan work. His team mates almost blow it for him by missing open lay ups that he and Green set up (breaking down their defense), so again he says, oh well, it has to be me then, and his all the threes. His BBIQ is incredible.

Return to The General Board