Curry is god

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

smallgains
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,369

Re: Curry is god 

Post#401 » by smallgains » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:33 pm

JesusHCoxMd wrote:Curry has more threes this year than Magic Johnson had in his entire career. Image

Curry can shoot it better than anyone, but I'm willing to guess Magic averages more triple doubles per season in his career than Curry has ever gotten.

They are both great.
young_frogger
Rookie
And1: 965

Post#402 » by young_frogger » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:19 am

michaelm wrote:
mtron929 wrote:How about this strategy to stop/contain Curry?

This comes from the idea that I had on another thread, which is that refs will not call fouls on every single play even if you foul on every single play. So do what Chris Paul does to Curry. Basically, be very physical (grab/hold) him on every single play, but make it very subtle. The worst thing that can happen is that you get called on most of them, but by doing this from the beginning til the end of the game, you shift the baseline on what constitutes a foul (that is you make the refs more amenable to physical plays).

One downside to this is that your PG might foul out in the 1st half. And if you have someone like Chris Paul, that might be bad. So my idea is this. Against the Warriors, you start a backup as a point guard and have him be physical all throughout the 1st quarter. If he fouls out in the 1st quarter, so be it. If not, then you exploit this weakness of the ref and keep on doing this all game long even when you bring the starter in the game.

Thoughts?

Chris Paul as an acknowledged great PG himself would be more likely to get away with it; putting a scrub on him to specifically employ this tactic would be fairly obvious and likely rapidly clamped down on.

Chris Paul got away with this that one series where LAC beat Golden State Warriors in 7, this was when Curry was physically a lot weaker than he is now. Honestly, the Warriors could have won that series if it wasn't for that ATROCIOUS non-call where Chris Paul hit his elbow on a game-winning 3 point attempt. He got called for the exact same thing the next series against Westbrook, and Steph has been torching CP3 ever since that series, so I don't really think that will work anymore.
Carry On My Hayward Son
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,992

Post#403 » by zimpy27 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:23 am

If Curry is God then Riley got a messed up life ahead of her.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
choppermagic
Starter
And1: 846

Post#404 » by choppermagic » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:56 pm

JesusHCoxMd wrote:Curry has more threes this year than Magic Johnson had in his entire career. Image

What is your point, and why is there a crying Jordan meme in there too?

Magic was the engine that drove the Showtime Lakers. His job wasn't to shoot 3 pointers. Denis Rodman has more rebounds than Curry. So what?
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#405 » by tarantism » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:03 pm

choppermagic wrote:

What is your point, and why is there a crying Jordan meme in there too?

Magic was the engine that drove the Showtime Lakers. His job wasn't to shoot 3 pointers. Denis Rodman has more rebounds than Curry. So what?

Yeah, I hate stats like this. I mean, Magic was never known as a three point shooter and that's Curry's bread and butter. You can't even compare the two players, and Magic's legacy is what it is. They are both great but wildly different on the court, no need to even compare them in this way.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#406 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:13 pm

zimpy27 wrote:If Curry is God then Riley got a messed up life ahead of her.

Let's face it her life is going to be incredible
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#407 » by Alfred » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:20 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:

Pretty sure he was making a Jesus joke.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,301

Post#408 » by 3Diamantidis » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Only Evan Turner can claim that he is God.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#409 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Alfred wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:

Pretty sure he was making a Jesus joke.

Lol yeah I know

Return to The General Board