Kawhi Leonard is just awesome

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Re: Kawhi Leonard is just awesome 

Post#61 » by Adam1221 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:38 pm

The best way to describe Kawhi is to call him the exact opposite of Carmelo Anthony.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,871

Post#62 » by LakersLegacy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Kawhi is a rich man's Paul George. He is the best player on the Spurs. The DPOY with offensive moves and heart. What's not to love. Kawhi reminds me of afro Kobe in 2000 when he would shut down Pippen on D and tear it up on offense. I expect big things in the play-offs vs. Durant then Curry.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#63 » by KingFox » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:05 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:Great player, great work ethic, incredibly humble, he's going to be a star in this league for a long time.

Just not a fan of when writers take a guy like Kawhi and juxtapose them against players who might enjoy the spotlight or fame a little bit.

It's a bit cliched and there's nothing wrong with either type of personality.

Where was the juxtaposition in the article? It wasn't a compare and contrast article. It was about who is he as a person and basketball player. The norm is for more players to enjoy the spotlight and fame than not. He is a rare breed in a sense.

The juxtaposition was peppered throughout the article.

Maybe I'm speaking from personal experience, I went to UNLV and when SDSU would come to town and play us (*beat us) he would be at the same events after the game hanging out like everybody else.

The article makes it seem like he's a recluse or something. He's a pretty normal guy with some extraordinary talents and work ethic.

:lol: right. the second they mentioned all the social media outlets, was the second it became a comparison article in disguise. Im sure he's a great guy though lol
Tinseltown
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,917

Post#64 » by Tinseltown » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:30 am

MrBaynes wrote:
Tinseltown wrote:Eh, he plays for the Spurs. No one who lives in San Antonio will ever be considered cool or popular.

Oh please, you know if San Antonio beats Golden State you are gonna switch your allegiance. Don't play the cool card here.

Yes, to the Cavs.

Return to The General Board