Tuesday 3/15/16 Game Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Re: Tuesday 3/15/16 Game Thread 

Post#61 » by Revived » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:30 am

MIPQ wrote:Clippers announcer when Pop and Doc meet in the middle at the end of the game, "Two of the absolute best coaches in all of basketball."

Really?

Not surprising cause their announcer is a big time idiot and homer.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#62 » by God Squad » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:30 am

I absolutely hate Julius Randles game. Just ugly.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,207

Post#63 » by og15 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:30 am

SF88 wrote:
og15 wrote:
UDRIH14 wrote:
nobody in the league can defend kawhi man, nobody periodly....u see how he works down low then just uses his body and bully his way closer to the rim for easy 2pts....u watch these defenders trying defend him down low falling over and looking for a shoulder charge laying on the floor looking up at the basket with ball going down easy 2pts...

only answer to defend kawhi is pray that pos pg on the spurs get jealous of kawhi taking over and starts with the hero ball ignoring him....

said he concentrates on defense yet, cp3 had 18pt in the first half...lol porker

You probably missed the joke there. I'm poking fun at the fact that Doc even puts out lineups where Jamal Crawford is guarding Leonard. You at least want a player that can make a guy work hard, Crawford is just easy pickings, it makes no sense.

Like Rust_Cohle mentioned, Matt Barnes for example did a great job with the help of team defense last playoffs vs Leonard. Games 5-7, Kawhi averaged 14.3 ppg / 29.5% FG / 20% FT / 6 FTA / .414 TS% / 88 Ortg. He shot <.468 TS% in each of those last three games.

Mbah is probably the Clippers best option to guard Leonard.

He is, but Mbah's offensive game is non-existent. Teams already played off Barnes in the post-season, and they basically just leave Mbah alone right now in the regular season, so as Clippers fans we appreciate his defense, but we are aware that his lack of offensive game is exploitable in a playoff series. Barnes can obviously go cold like we saw last post-season, and especially if you have him playing too much, and he's certainly no "stopper", but he's a much better balance especially at about 20-22 mpg.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#64 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:42 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:

So what... so was Gary Neal so many years ago... I guess you think of him of something more than just a mediocre role player to accent his amazing 10 PER...
I think Bogdanovic is the type of player who if you put in the right system (Spurs), he would really shine and become known as a good role player. Either way, I'm sure you have barely seen him play, yet you're quick to label him a mediocre player based off his PER.

I seen him play, I know his skill set... He is a solid player( he had a good game vs the Spurs last year where the Nets got the W) but to assume that he is more than just a role player is expecting more than what he is. Nothing remarkable... closer to being a mediocre role player than being super 6th man or starter worthy player. I mean, should we just say OMG he was a all rookie player at age 25... woah... No. He had a career game, but it is an anomaly.
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#65 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:43 am

God Squad wrote:I absolutely hate Julius Randles game. Just ugly.

His body language is among the worst I have seen from a rookie(and yes... he is a rookie in my mind) in a while.
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#66 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:24 am

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#67 » by Revived » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:52 am

og15 wrote:
SF88 wrote:
og15 wrote:You probably missed the joke there. I'm poking fun at the fact that Doc even puts out lineups where Jamal Crawford is guarding Leonard. You at least want a player that can make a guy work hard, Crawford is just easy pickings, it makes no sense.

Like Rust_Cohle mentioned, Matt Barnes for example did a great job with the help of team defense last playoffs vs Leonard. Games 5-7, Kawhi averaged 14.3 ppg / 29.5% FG / 20% FT / 6 FTA / .414 TS% / 88 Ortg. He shot <.468 TS% in each of those last three games.

Mbah is probably the Clippers best option to guard Leonard.

He is, but Mbah's offensive game is non-existent. Teams already played off Barnes in the post-season, and they basically just leave Mbah alone right now in the regular season, so as Clippers fans we appreciate his defense, but we are aware that his lack of offensive game is exploitable in a playoff series. Barnes can obviously go cold like we saw last post-season, and especially if you have him playing too much, and he's certainly no "stopper", but he's a much better balance especially at about 20-22 mpg.

Yea Mbah's offensive game is non existent but I think you have to give him minutes for his defense. It's pretty what OKC does with Roberson who is also inept offensively.

Yea they should have probably resigned Barnes when they could have.

One guy who I think would be good for the Clippers is Igoudala when he becomes a FA. I don't know if they can afford him or if he would leave GSW or whatever but if he does, he would be a good fit for the Clippers imo.
kangarooaus
Junior
And1: 235

Post#68 » by kangarooaus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:01 am

XtotheDeezy wrote:
Aintnohater wrote:
MIPQ wrote:Clippers announcer when Pop and Doc meet in the middle at the end of the game, "Two of the absolute best coaches in all of basketball."

Really?

a lot ofp eople seem to think Doc is one of the best coaches lol just because KG, PP, and allen and Thibs won him a ring lol

FTFY

Is Doc Rivers not one of the best coaches in the league? I'd be interested to read the reasoning behind these opinions.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,207

Post#69 » by og15 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:22 pm

SF88 wrote:
og15 wrote:
SF88 wrote:Mbah is probably the Clippers best option to guard Leonard.

Yea Mbah's offensive game is non existent but I think you have to give him minutes for his defense. It's pretty what OKC does with Roberson who is also inept offensively.

Yea they should have probably resigned Barnes when they could have.

One guy who I think would be good for the Clippers is Igoudala when he becomes a FA. I don't know if they can afford him or if he would leave GSW or whatever but if he does, he would be a good fit for the Clippers imo.

Barnes was traded for Stephenson
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,802

Post#70 » by UcanUwill » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:02 pm

JonnyFive5 wrote:Why was the bucks halftime show 10 year old girls dancing to songs about booty.

Anyone find that uncomfortable lol?

In Euroleague junior tournament, teenage dance pack used to dance to Anaconda song all the time...
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,767

Re: RE: Re: Tuesday 3/15/16 Game Thread 

Post#71 » by Jadoogar » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Ascrilas wrote:The annual 40+ point eruption by random mediocre role player goes to Bogdan Bogdanovic.

It was Bojan, not Bogdan.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Kind of helps prove his point if no one corrected him. I had to google to make sure it was Bojan
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#72 » by chuckdevlin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMbTtvOhcq8[/youtube]

His defense is the best part of his game

MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

35 6-15 .400 3-7 .429 2-2 1.000 3 2 2 1 3 0 17
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?

Return to The General Board