2015 draft was great

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Re: 2015 draft was great 

Post#41 » by erudite23 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:49 am

I love this draft. For me it's a repeat of what happened in 07/08 and then reversed in 09/10. The 07 draft was supposed to be an all timer and ended up being a huge disappointment. 08 was supposed to be god awful and turned out to be really good. Then we spent all year in 09 hearing about how this year's class was subpar but that we would be getting a huge treat in 2010 and 09 ended up being vastly better in every way.

2015 is a great class and a lot of great talent. Gonna be exciting watching them develop.

Also, why the hate on Trey Lyles? I hated him before my Jazz took him, but he has won me over to a large degree. He's wicked smart, great passer, jumper seems to be there, and seems like he wants to defend. Only real question is his defensive rebounding, which has been spotty.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,092

Post#42 » by tcheco » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:25 am

JDR720 wrote:
The Sparest wrote:
tcheco wrote:So, no mention of Kaminsky? haven't watched much of him, but how is he doing? liked the kid in college.

Was wondering the same myself. I like the guy a lot, but I still think his best case scenario is a career back up. Hoping he proves me wrong though.

he has been up and down, he is clearly very smart and skilled but he has some problems with NBA athleticism/strength. most of his problems can be fixed in the weight room.

thanks for the input!
can he become a decent defender? do you see him as a solid starter for your team?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,109

Post#43 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:26 am

erudite23 wrote:I love this draft. For me it's a repeat of what happened in 07/08 and then reversed in 09/10. The 07 draft was supposed to be an all timer and ended up being a huge disappointment. 08 was supposed to be god awful and turned out to be really good. Then we spent all year in 09 hearing about how this year's class was subpar but that we would be getting a huge treat in 2010 and 09 ended up being vastly better in every way.

2015 is a great class and a lot of great talent. Gonna be exciting watching them develop.

Also, why the hate on Trey Lyles? I hated him before my Jazz took him, but he has won me over to a large degree. He's wicked smart, great passer, jumper seems to be there, and seems like he wants to defend. Only real question is his defensive rebounding, which has been spotty.

He's behind Favors and Gobert so he's not going to shine that brightly. But, he certainly has impressed me. I thought he was years away when I saw him in summer league, but, he almost looks like he belongs on the floor now. Not quite, I think he still needs to add some strength, but, when he does, he'll be a great sub off the bench.

I hope we see his body develop like we did with Hayward.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#44 » by pacers33granger » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:32 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:
erudite23 wrote:I love this draft. For me it's a repeat of what happened in 07/08 and then reversed in 09/10. The 07 draft was supposed to be an all timer and ended up being a huge disappointment. 08 was supposed to be god awful and turned out to be really good. Then we spent all year in 09 hearing about how this year's class was subpar but that we would be getting a huge treat in 2010 and 09 ended up being vastly better in every way.

He's behind Favors and Gobert so he's not going to shine that brightly. But, he certainly has impressed me. I thought he was years away when I saw him in summer league, but, he almost looks like he belongs on the floor now. Not quite, I think he still needs to add some strength, but, when he does, he'll be a great sub off the bench.

I hope we see his body develop like we did with Hayward.

Prior to the draft I was hoping Bird took Payne or Turner over Lyles as those three were the main ones in talk for the pick. I wasn't a fan of Lyles, but I think at the very worst he's going to be a solid starter. I don't see him as a star, but close. His game is almost perfectly tailored to the modern game.

Return to The General Board