Reason Raptors fans complain about the Refs so much:

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: Reason Raptors fans complain about the Refs so much: 

Post#41 » by gom » Tue May 24, 2016 5:50 am

RCM88x wrote:They are watching a different broadcast, with different commentary and different video. Canadian broadcast has a different market, a 100% Raptors fanbase, so they naturally pertain to the Raptors side of things.

Basically it's like watching the local broadcast when everyone else is watching on TNT or ABC etc.. Its almost a completely different game where you see it from different angles and have different opinions blaring through the TV.

If this was already know I apologize.

That's pretty amazing though. You are trying to rationalize their behavior. It's to your credit, man. LOL.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom

Post#42 » by gom » Tue May 24, 2016 5:51 am

Par36 wrote:Because..Cavs are getting the benefit of the call on 60-70% of all plays? James got caught with some awful flopping

Wait! Hold on! That was some of the best flopping ever.
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#43 » by Par36 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:53 am

gom wrote:
RCM88x wrote:They are watching a different broadcast, with different commentary and different video. Canadian broadcast has a different market, a 100% Raptors fanbase, so they naturally pertain to the Raptors side of things.

Basically it's like watching the local broadcast when everyone else is watching on TNT or ABC etc.. Its almost a completely different game where you see it from different angles and have different opinions blaring through the TV.

That's pretty amazing though. You are trying to rationalize their behavior. It's to your credit, man. LOL.

Also...sorry to break it to alot of you guys...but alot of us are watching the US feeds. *shrug* Those same feeds that are talking about the missed calls?

gom wrote:
Par36 wrote:Because..Cavs are getting the benefit of the call on 60-70% of all plays? James got caught with some awful flopping

Wait! Hold on! That was some of the best flopping ever.

& you are right. Some amazing stuff. Poorly chosen words.
gom

Post#44 » by gom » Tue May 24, 2016 5:54 am

Par36 wrote:
gom wrote:

Also...sorry to break it to alot of you guys...but alot of us are watching the US feeds. *shrug* Those same feeds that are talking about the missed calls?

Yeah, we understand. It's just that it's very endearing for RCM88x to try to understand you all so well. I've never seen Raptors fans, for example, reaching out like that. Cavs Fans > Raptors Fans (at least ITT)
mobifree
Sophomore
And1: 116

Post#45 » by mobifree » Tue May 24, 2016 5:54 am

It's obvious the refs are calling the game in favour of the Cavs

I don't think it's an overt conspiracy to see the Cavs in the finals, but I don't think you see the NBA head office calling the officials after the game and reprimanding them for a **** job they've done all series long.

It's in the NBA/ESPN's best interest to see Lebron and Cavs advance to the finals. The Raptors in the finals would mean tens of millions of dollars lost by ESPN in potential ad revenue for the finals.

The NBA brass will not explicitly tell the refs to call it in the Cavs favour, but they obviously aren't telling the refs to call the objectively either. If they did, you wouldn't see the disparity in fouls & free throws you're seeing in the series.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#46 » by OGLife » Tue May 24, 2016 5:58 am

Congratulations, you "saled" it really well.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#47 » by Boogie! » Tue May 24, 2016 6:01 am

more ignorance... have you paid attention the free throw disparity all series or no? stop talking **** out of your ass...
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#48 » by jimross » Tue May 24, 2016 6:14 am

Par36 wrote:Because..Cavs are getting the benefit of the call on 60-70% of all plays? James got caught with some awful flopping?
Those two massive *clean blocks on James somehow get called as fouls?

Oh and...that little fact that the team is driving to the basket more, rebounding more, and still not getting the calls?

I know its hard to accept, but the Cavs lost despite pretty glaring favoritism by the refs. Wipe the salt from your eyes and you might see that.

Lmao. It's like SOME of these Cavs fans don't even watch the games. It's clear in this series that the Raps drive more as a team yet they're throwing around this false narrative that they drive more? Wtf.

The first 12 Qs of this series was reffed horribly. The 2nd half of game 4 finally had calls go the Raptors way. You could even argue they got more of the 50/50 calls. It's ridiculous that it's taken this long for the Raps to get calls.
gom

Post#49 » by gom » Tue May 24, 2016 6:16 am

sshle wrote:

Congratulations, you "saled" it really well.

Hey, welcome to RealGM, sshle.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Post#50 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue May 24, 2016 6:18 am

RCM88x wrote:Let's completely ignore the point of the thread and immediately take it as an attack because of the logo under the guys avatar.... Smh

I think you are simply wrong. I am watching the ESPN (or whatever station that is) coverage every game, and there is no question that the refs are not calling the games evenly and the team that got the short hand so far was clearly the Raptors. Now I'm not saying the series is rigged, it's just that the Cavs has more stars on their roster and unfortunately stars get the benefit of the doubt most of the time. The refs probably don't even know that they are doing it, it could be a subconscious thing, but they are doing it.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#51 » by Volcano » Tue May 24, 2016 6:24 am

I thought the Indiana and Miami series were fairly equal..even thought Raps got away with some stuff against Indiana (not used to lenient refs).

The Cavs have like 1-2 Q's every game where they're literally untouchable though. The rest of the time it seems fairly normal/balanced.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,330

Post#52 » by WhatsaTDot » Tue May 24, 2016 6:27 am

Actually ESPN has been quite critical of lack of calls or phantom calls (in the obvious Biyombo block on LBJ for instance).

So apparently we have multiple coverages making an issue of it. Thanks for bringing it up opie.

This place is insufferable.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#53 » by baldur » Tue May 24, 2016 6:29 am

the another reason is, as far as i have observed, that raptors fans are similar to european fans. they can get together and unite so quickly and easy. they are more than spectators. Also as mentioned above, they are massive here.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#54 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue May 24, 2016 7:07 am

There was a play last game whre Lebron fairly blatantly offensive fouled 2 guys with his off arm and the call went against us. There have been a lot of calls against us. Another play this game I think biyombo was shoved to the ground, had his shoulder touch out of bounds, and a ref tried to call it Cleveland ball. It was so egregious though, the other refs fixed it/covered it up. I'm watching the game without glasses and can see some of these missed calls.

Anyways how often do you go 48 minutes in the playoffs without going to the line once? Last game the only guy they were sending to the line in the first half was derozan. No one else was getting calls. It was #realdisrepectful.

That's an entire half with no one but dero going to the line. Then the 48 minute stretch, and the free throw disparity/fouling miscalls was noticeable to my biased faulty brain before then.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#55 » by raptor jesus » Tue May 24, 2016 7:14 am

It's really not that complicated. I will simplify it for you: every fanbase has its share of people who like to complain --> the Raps have a big fanbase, including a large presence on this forum = more people who complain. There ya go.
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#56 » by mixerball » Tue May 24, 2016 7:18 am

RCM88x wrote:Let's completely ignore the point of the thread and immediately take it as an attack because of the logo under the guys avatar.... Smh
what point of the thread? Im not a raptor fan. I only get amefican feed. Refs still suck.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#57 » by Dupp » Tue May 24, 2016 7:21 am

Cavs got a pretty bad end of the refs the second half and particularly down the stretch with costly calls. But no one will bring that up because it doesn't fit the agenda.

But we move on, raps were the better team.
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#58 » by jimross » Tue May 24, 2016 7:26 am

Dupp wrote:Cavs got a pretty bad end of the refs the second half and particularly down the stretch with costly calls. But no one will bring that up because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Yes your right the LeBron foul on DD and the Lowry steal were both blown calls. Now will you admit all the missed calls from the first 14 Qs of this series?
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#59 » by Badonkadonk » Tue May 24, 2016 7:28 am

Dupp wrote:Cavs got a pretty bad end of the refs the second half and particularly down the stretch with costly calls. But no one will bring that up because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Help me understand the agenda. The last thing the NBA wants is a team in the finals that contributes zero viewership to US network television. Having Lebron, the biggest name on either team a thousand times over, in the finals is also something they'd really like.

I think perhaps going 3 quarters with ZERO calls against the Cavs combined with Lebrons egregious flop-show is enough to drive any fan-base insane.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#60 » by Dupp » Tue May 24, 2016 7:29 am

jimross wrote:

Yes your right the LeBron foul on DD and the Lowry steal were both blown calls. Now will you admit all the missed calls from the first 14 Qs of this series?

No because you guys are just making stuff up now.
The first two games the raptors got murdered and we lived in the paint. So the complaining about free throw disparity is just complete stupidity because the context is being ignored.

I'll admit game 3 through 4 we had 6 quarters in a row of the good end of the referees.

Return to The General Board