How good was Terrell Brandon with Kevin Garnett?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

mo2thewillyo
Junior
And1: 65

How good was Terrell Brandon with Kevin Garnett? 

Post#1 » by mo2thewillyo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Of course everyone wishes the Marbury Garnett duo never broke up and the Billups Garnett pairing was short lived...

How was Branon and Garnett when they played together?
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Re: How good was Terrell Brandon with Kevin Garnett? 

Post#2 » by wablty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:54 am

Brandon was really pretty good when he was healthy but even when he was playing, it was often playing while injured or with pain. KG covered up some of his iffy defense. He was a good shooter, especially mid range which was a good fit because at the time, much of Minnesota's offense revolved around finding open mid range shots for people. The majority of his shots were short jumpers. Good, but not great together.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Re: How good was Terrell Brandon with Kevin Garnett? 

Post#3 » by packforfreedom » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 am

I think Terrell Brandon might be one the most underrated PGs of the last 15 years. he was the definition of rock solid. very good pick n roll player, great Assist/Turnover ratio, always had the game under control, good threat from midrange, excellent free throw shooter and a actually decent rebounder for his size. his defense was suspect at times but not as bad as some people say.

I really liked the combination with KG, and I think they could've made some noise in the league but the knee injuries ended his career way too soon.

Return to The General Board