What all star gets moved first?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Re: What all star gets moved first? 

Post#81 » by chrisab123 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:05 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
So if Orlando doesn't gel and by trade deadline you're closer to the 10th pick in the draft than the 8th seed of the playoffs. And AG doesn't look good at SF, holding onto ibaka makes sense? Especially considering he's a FA.

and let me guess, it will also make sense trading him to Toronto for Ross and 2nd because he's really 39 yrs old and isnt going to have any value around the league because he's an expiring and can walk for nothing? :lol:

lol yes. How is that so bad to you. Not the age thing, It's definitely realistic and makes some sense for both teams. But even if its not the raps, if Orlando tanks, of course it makes sense to explore trading ibaka

Orlando would absolutely be able to get a 1st for Ibaka whether they trade him in December or February.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#82 » by akhan786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:10 am

What I would do to see CP3 with Pop and Kawhi...
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,419

Post#83 » by nbafan38 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:51 pm

og15 wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:Cousins or Davis. Still wouldn't be shocked if westbrook gets traded if the Thunder don't have a good year.

That would be very surprising, what purpose would this accomplish for OKC?

They would get more value for him if they trade him with a year still left on his contract than if they trade him right before he becomes a FA. I'm not saying its likely as I think he genuinely likes OKC and wants to stay but if the team is bad who knows.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#84 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:58 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
og15 wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:Cousins or Davis. Still wouldn't be shocked if westbrook gets traded if the Thunder don't have a good year.

They would get more value for him if they trade him with a year still left on his contract than if they trade him right before he becomes a FA. I'm not saying its likely as I think he genuinely likes OKC and wants to stay but if the team is bad who knows.

2nd problem is he's not able to be traded until like a week before the deadline. Also pretty sure someone would kill Presti.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,718

Post#85 » by twozeroMM » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Sacramento should be calling Boston every other day for that first pick and Brown.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#86 » by CoreyVillains » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
CoreyVillains wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:Brook Lopez makes no sense for the Nets to move. I would love to see it since it would only help those picks coming to the Celtics but the Nets don't have their own picks until 2019 which puts them in quite the dilemma. The answer is probably Cousins. Although I don't really see any big trades coming. But if you had to absolutely make me give you a name it's Cousins or Marc Gasol.

It makes so much sense to move him. Injury prone, not a franchise talent, getting older, and the Nets have no immediate future assets. They are going to be terrible with or without him, so get some future assets to off set the lack of their own assets.

So you're cool with watching Fultz in Boston for the next decade? I know I am haha.

But they have nothing to gain...

They're going to be one of the two worst teams in the league with or without Lopez. I hope they aren't because I would prefer the Celtics to get a worse player than they'll end up getting. Fact is they are in no position to worry about how it affects the Celtics though, that ship sailed. They need to worry about their own franchise and trading Lopez for assets (since they have none of their own) is almost imperative.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,092

Post#87 » by tcheco » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:32 pm

stitches wrote:
tcheco wrote:Hayward could get moved Jazz fans? Would you do it if he doesn't step up, and the rest of the group does?
Who would go after him, and for what?

No indication at all that this is on the table right now. If we underperform and we are out of the playoffs by trade deadline, I can see it becoming an option. But as it stands right now, this team is built to win now and I don't see the Jazz trading him...

Good to hear. Always liked him, but never saw him as a number 1 option in a contender, but with the way hood has been scoring, and the JJ signing, this team is legit
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#88 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Orlando is supposed to beat Miami, especially this year. As a raps fan, let's just do this already.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#89 » by kodo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:41 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
og15 wrote:

I'm confused, did I hallucinate Westbrook signing an extension with OKC? Is he still an upcoming FA?
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,764

Re: RE: Re: What all star gets moved first? 

Post#90 » by Jadoogar » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:13 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
DeezRaptors wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Chris Paul is the one I could see getting moved if it becomes clear the Clippers won't get over the hump. I don't see them actually doing it, but if a "star" was to get moved that's the one player I'd pick. The Clippers could easily build a contender with a longer window by moving him.

Where would you like to see him get moved if it ever happened? Just curious

I'm not positive. Thinking about teams that might need just a "little more" to get to that next level I could see any of:
Cleveland (Irving)
Milwaukee (Parker+???)
Minnesota (LaVine+Rubio+??)
Utah (Favors+Hood+Exum+Hill)

Offering fairly compelling packages (hypothetical center pieces/starting points in parenthesis).

Chris paul is a free agent and would have to agree to resign before a team traded for him. Kind of a big gamble for Milwaukee or Utah or Minnesota to risk something like that
TSA_Denver3
Junior
And1: 53

Post#91 » by TSA_Denver3 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:59 am

Jrue Holiday

He will get moved around the trade deadline once the Pelicans realize its time to cut bait and get some future assets. There's lower seed playoff contenders in both conferences who could use help at point guard and be a nice compliment to a point forward as well.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,419

Post#92 » by nbafan38 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:00 am

kodo wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:
og15 wrote:That would be very surprising, what purpose would this accomplish for OKC?

I'm confused, did I hallucinate Westbrook signing an extension with OKC? Is he still an upcoming FA?

He signed a 3 year deal but he has player opt out after 2nd year so he's pretty much a free agent in summer 2018 so yes the Thunder would get a lot more value if they traded him this season than next. I doubt they trade him unless he openly states he wants out which I acknowledged is unlikely
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,927

Post#93 » by tundraknight » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:06 am

No Poll Options = Thread Failed

Return to The General Board