OT: Will Lonzo/LaMelo Ball Re-revolutionize the game more than Stephen Curry ?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Re: OT: Will Lonzo/LaMelo Ball Re-revolutionize the game more than Stephen Curry ? 

Post#221 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:12 am

Pinkyring wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:I'll be the first to admit my original post as being ignorant and uninformed and I think we all need to apologize.

Lamelo dedicated this performance to a classmate named Alexis Anderson. It was found out before the game that she needed emergency heart surgery and doctors gave her a 10% chance of making it, Lamelo's goal was to go viral to raise awareness and raise money for her.

As if we didn't already look foolish for hating on a 15 year old.

Thats no excuse to disrespect the game of basketball, I'm sure the guy is popular enough to still raise awareness without playing selfish basketball lazy basketball, but i blame the coaches moreso anyway for letting it happen

:banghead: :banghead:

Doing something that significantly raised money in the girls fund raising page isn't worth disrespecting basketball. Search it in twitter and you can find people talking about how they donated after hearing.

The kid was on every news channel all over the country no matter how much he "disrespected the game". And when people looked him up on social media they would see that every post he had about the performance had the hashtag #love4lexi.

Screw whatever it means to respect basketball when it comes to stuff like this. Good for Lamelo.
lilojmayo
Veteran
And1: 356

Re: OT: Will Lonzo/LaMelo Ball Re-revolutionize the game more than Stephen Curry ? 

Post#222 » by lilojmayo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:51 am

ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:I'll be the first to admit my original post as being ignorant and uninformed and I think we all need to apologize.

Lamelo dedicated this performance to a classmate named Alexis Anderson. It was found out before the game that she needed emergency heart surgery and doctors gave her a 10% chance of making it, Lamelo's goal was to go viral to raise awareness and raise money for her.

Thats no excuse to disrespect the game of basketball, I'm sure the guy is popular enough to still raise awareness without playing selfish basketball lazy basketball, but i blame the coaches moreso anyway for letting it happen

Doing something that significantly raised money in the girls fund raising page isn't worth disrespecting basketball. Search it in twitter and you can find people talking about how they donated after hearing.

The kid was on every news channel all over the country no matter how much he "disrespected the game". And when people looked him up on social media they would see that every post he had about the performance had the hashtag #love4lexi.

Screw whatever it means to respect basketball when it comes to stuff like this. Good for Lamelo.

LaMelo most likely will be future of NBA basketball. What he is doing i've never seen any high school player ever do. He puts up video game numbers
OJ Mayo , Michael Jordan , Allen Iverson.
lilojmayo
Veteran

Post#223 » by lilojmayo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:52 am

picc wrote:
mg wrote:I live in their neighborhood and posted earlier in this thread.
You have to keep in mind the competition in this game. Los Osos is considered the red headed step child of the Baseline League. Basically the JV teams of Etiwanda and the other big name Baseline teams would beat the Los Osos varsity team by double digits.
92 points is impressive in any game but as seen in the videos it was mainly done by cherry picking which is the main offense run by Chino Hills. I still stand by the fact that LaMelo isn't the best player on the Husky team it's Big O who is the big kid who does all the dirty work for them. He received two passes all game. Considering LaMelo is the PG that does not look impressive for him.

On another note LiAngelo 'Gelo' Ball has not been seen lately. The word is he embarrassed the family with his 10% shooting in a recent game and has been temporarily banned by the Father.

I've only seen a few videos on this family, and Lavar really bothers me. He's basically Jon Benet Ramsey's parents, if the little girl was replaced with 6'5 dudes. Its unsettling and borderline creepy how he runs their lives.

But otoh, they are all playing college ball and possibly going to the league. So that seems to be working out.

He is more like Joe Jackson of basketball
lilojmayo
Veteran

Post#224 » by lilojmayo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:55 am

CoreyVillains wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:I'm not sure Steph Curry is revolutionizing the game either. We aren't going to see a major shift in teams running their offense through Steph Curry types, because he's a unique talent that they aren't going to be able to replicate.

I think even Steph's biggest fans in college wouldn't have guessed he'd be the best 3 point shooter ever by this large of a margin.

You may not see Steph's true impact until years down the road. Kid's today all want to be Steph. Go to any LA Fitness or YMCA and you see kids heaving shots way beyond the arc. Kid's love that guy like kids loved Iverson when I was in high school.

Todays kids love Steph. More then Kids in past love Iverson. Steph is just a little more related to the average joe then even Iverson was. But it definitely would be a good debate.
DubsPhilosophy
Sophomore
And1: 261

Post#225 » by DubsPhilosophy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:06 am

So it appears we'll be remembering TheMelo for being a really good kid and an effective high school basketball player. That's fine. I hope he lands in a good job and is able to live a happy life.
lilojmayo
Veteran

Post#226 » by lilojmayo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 am

DubsPhilosophy wrote:

So it appears we'll be remembering TheMelo for being a really good kid and an effective high school basketball player. That's fine. I hope he lands in a good job and is able to live a happy life.

https://www.gofundme.com/lexianderson

if anyone wnats to contribute. They have raised almost $50,000 because of LaMelo. $100,000 is their goal. Its crazy just how popular LaMelo has become. He might end up the most famous high school player in the last 20 years. even more then LeBron because of social media
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#227 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:50 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:I'm not sure Steph Curry is revolutionizing the game either. We aren't going to see a major shift in teams running their offense through Steph Curry types, because he's a unique talent that they aren't going to be able to replicate.

I think even Steph's biggest fans in college wouldn't have guessed he'd be the best 3 point shooter ever by this large of a margin.

Perhaps not to this extent. But man he had such a sweet stroke even back at Davidson.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#228 » by ItsThatEasy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:21 pm

lilojmayo wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Thats no excuse to disrespect the game of basketball, I'm sure the guy is popular enough to still raise awareness without playing selfish basketball lazy basketball, but i blame the coaches moreso anyway for letting it happen

LaMelo most likely will be future of NBA basketball. What he is doing i've never seen any high school player ever do. He puts up video game numbers

Lol do you pay attention to high school basketball?

High school kids have been scoring in the 90's and 100's since forever.

The only one to even sniff the NBA was Dajuan Wagner and he certainly didn't become a star.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,919

Post#229 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:55 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:

The only one to even sniff the NBA was Dajuan Wagner and he certainly didn't become a star.

I think Wilt Chamberlain might have had a good career, but I'm not positive.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#230 » by ItsThatEasy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:

So you're ignoring the dozens of kids who have scored 90+ points since Wilt Chamberlain and haven't amounted to anything lol very sound logic there.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#231 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:35 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:

Well I don't think he's a future NBA player because he scored 90 points, but I do think he is because his handle, passing and long range shooting are all elite and those are all very important skills in today's NBA. People criticized his brother last year too, right down to his faulty long shooting mechanics and he's now going to be a top 3 draft pick.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,919

Post#232 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:36 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:

So you're ignoring the dozens of kids who have scored 90+ points since Wilt Chamberlain and haven't amounted to anything lol very sound logic there.

The only ignoring going on here was between you and Wilt The Stilt. I was just pointing out the mistake.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#233 » by ItsThatEasy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:47 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

The only ignoring going on here was between you and Wilt The Stilt. I was just pointing out the mistake.

Apologies, I see what you were doing now.

Indeed, Wilt is also in that club.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#234 » by ItsThatEasy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:48 pm

The_Hater wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:

Well I don't think he's a future NBA player because he scored 90 points, but I do think he is because his handle, passing and long range shooting are all elite and those are all very important skills in today's NBA. People criticized his brother last year too, right down to his faulty long shooting mechanics and he's now going to be a top 3 draft pick.

That's fair.

Your post specifically referred to "video game numbers" though, just pointing out that it occurs more frequently than most people realize.
The_Hater

Post#235 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:49 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:

That's fair.

Your post specifically referred to "video game numbers" though, just pointing out that it occurs more frequently than most people realize.

That wasn't my post. ;)
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#236 » by ItsThatEasy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:04 pm

The_Hater wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

That's fair.

That wasn't my post. ;)

Lol oh man, it's been a long day SMH :banghead:
joyeuxnoel
Bench Warmer
And1: 699

Post#237 » by joyeuxnoel » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:20 am

The_Hater wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:

people throw the term elite a lot

1. his passing and vision are elite for his age absolutely

2. his handles are not elite, for a high schooler theyre above average in terms of d-1 prospects

3. his shooting is elite for high school, but something tells me his mechanics will screw him up at the next level (although his brother somehow is still producing and his mechanics are even worse)

4. he is so unathletic compared to his older brother and other D-1 PGs
Embiid-Simmons-Covington

Fire Colangelo
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#238 » by picc » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 am

lilojmayo wrote:
picc wrote:
mg wrote:I live in their neighborhood and posted earlier in this thread.
You have to keep in mind the competition in this game. Los Osos is considered the red headed step child of the Baseline League. Basically the JV teams of Etiwanda and the other big name Baseline teams would beat the Los Osos varsity team by double digits.
92 points is impressive in any game but as seen in the videos it was mainly done by cherry picking which is the main offense run by Chino Hills. I still stand by the fact that LaMelo isn't the best player on the Husky team it's Big O who is the big kid who does all the dirty work for them. He received two passes all game. Considering LaMelo is the PG that does not look impressive for him.

On another note LiAngelo 'Gelo' Ball has not been seen lately. The word is he embarrassed the family with his 10% shooting in a recent game and has been temporarily banned by the Father.

I've only seen a few videos on this family, and Lavar really bothers me. He's basically Jon Benet Ramsey's parents, if the little girl was replaced with 6'5 dudes. Its unsettling and borderline creepy how he runs their lives.

But otoh, they are all playing college ball and possibly going to the league. So that seems to be working out.

He is more like Joe Jackson of basketball

I don't agree. Joe was physically abusive and his kids were scared of him. Lavar just seems extremely obsessive and overbearing.
The_Hater

Post#239 » by The_Hater » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:16 am

joyeuxnoel wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:

people throw the term elite a lot

1. his passing and vision are elite for his age absolutely

2. his handles are not elite, for a high schooler theyre above average in terms of d-1 prospects

3. his shooting is elite for high school, but something tells me his mechanics will screw him up at the next level (although his brother somehow is still producing and his mechanics are even worse)

4. he is so unathletic compared to his older brother and other D-1 PGs

That all seems pretty spot on, although I still think his handle is elite for 15. We'll see where he's at in 3 years.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#240 » by Pinkyring » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:25 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
lilojmayo wrote:

Uhhh wilts was in the nba, a bit different dont you think?

Return to The General Board