Has Lebron caught Michael Jeffrey Jordan

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,217

Re: Has Lebron caught Michael Jeffrey Jordan 

Post#41 » by lambchop » Wed Feb 8, 2017 10:40 am

Even if he wins 7 to 10 more titles he wont pass him. But bron is definitely one of the GOATs
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
JackZZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 626

Post#42 » by JackZZ » Wed Feb 8, 2017 10:41 am

Jables wrote:Nope. He could win 3 more rings and I'd still think Jeffrey was better.

Lebron will never caught Jeffrey in the eyes of many, simple as that.
Same reason for Joe Montana comparison to Ball Deflate Brady. Oopsie, i offended the GOAT of the moment. Shhh ...
TeK
Assistant Coach
And1: 984

Post#43 » by TeK » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:03 pm

Put it this way...

If I can go back in time knowing what I know today, and the draft was a 20yr old Wilt, MJ, Kobe, Lebron, and Shaq, I would draft

1-Wilt
2-MJ
3-Kobe
4-Lebron
5-Shaq
6-Bird
DuckIII wrote:As for New York (Knicks), they stunk because they stink and the roster looks disjointed and nonsensical because it is.
Stadium5
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#44 » by Stadium5 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:14 pm

TeK wrote:Put it this way...

If I can go back in time knowing what I know today, and the draft was a 20yr old Wilt, MJ, Kobe, Lebron, and Shaq, I would draft

1-Wilt
2-MJ
3-Kobe
4-Lebron
5-Shaq
6-Bird

How could you possibly draft Kobe over LBJ and Shaq?
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#45 » by PKABOOICU » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:31 pm

You didnt have to type out Michael-Jeffrey-Jordan lol.
Next time, simply MJ will suffice....or the GOAT, which is a little more relevant to this thread.
samfisher83
Junior
And1: 366

Post#46 » by samfisher83 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:37 pm

If he beats the Dubs this year he is goat. The Warriors are probably the best team ever.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#47 » by RCM88x » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:51 pm

Stadium5 wrote:

1-Wilt
2-MJ
3-Kobe
4-Lebron
5-Shaq
6-Bird

Clutch Gene

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#48 » by GWVan » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:59 pm

1-Wilt
2-MJ
3-Kobe
4-Lebron
5-Shaq
6-Bird

so can I get Russell as an undrafted free agent then?
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#49 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:08 pm

Dominater wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Dominater wrote:we live in a society where everything current is the best

Do we? I feel like it's quite the opposite actually especially while discussing sports. Most people say that the current eras are all "soft" and much worse than anything from the 80s or 90s. No one will ever give the current era credit until 20-30 years from now and people will be saying "Player X has nothing on Curry or Irving or whoever" and the cyclw will go on and on.

That's a bunch of bull and you know it. around here especially, I see an awful lot more of "player x would suck if played today" than vice versa

Hell, I've recently seen on this very board people claiming that Charles Barkley and Bill Russell would be scrubs if they were around today. Bill effing Russell a scrub :noway:

People say with MJ zone defenses would've shut him down. Ok. And if they called fouls then like they do now, he also would be shooting about 30 free throws a night. It goes both ways

RralGM is about 1% of basketball related stuff I see. Go to any Facebook post and read the comments, people think today's era sucks.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#50 » by hoophabit » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:33 pm

Oooh, sacrilege!
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#51 » by Froob » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:37 pm

baldur wrote:thanks for letting me know that jordan's middle name is jeffrey.

Greatest middle name ever?

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#52 » by Froob » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:38 pm

RCM88x wrote:
Stadium5 wrote:

1-Wilt
2-MJ
3-Kobe
4-Lebron
5-Shaq
6-Bird

Clutch Gene

What part of Kobe's game is actually better than LeBron's? Scoring in the post? I think that's it...

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#53 » by GlenRiceARoni » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:42 pm

If Lebron can't be the greatest ever because of 2011 then Jordan can't be the greatest ever because of 1995. Bird and Magic obviously choked in the finals too.

I'm going with Brandon Rush as the greatest ever. The Warriors unraveled in the finals the year after he left

-----------------------------------------------------------------------Hinkie has created a monster that will awaken in 2018 precisely 200 years after Mary Shelley published Frankenstein in 1818 A.D.
I don't think for a second this is coincidental as Hinkie is well educated and a fan of Classic British Lit
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#54 » by sunskerr » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:47 pm

dark shark wrote:
The High Cyde wrote: But then again, Jordan would have beaten the Mavs in 2011 (I assume, but why bet against the concensus greatest basketball player of all time in this scenario?)

Bc Prime Dirk is unstoppable (2007/2008- 2010/2011)

QFT.

By some statistics and other measures, Dirk was actually the best single player in the NBA as far back as the 2004-2005 season!

I think a thread about Dirk going back that far in time would be worth discussing on the general board!

But this a thread about LeBron. So for the record, no I don't think he's caught Jordan but he's pretty close. But there's no shame in not catching Jordan - they're both amazing players in their own rights.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#55 » by GopherIt! » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:52 pm

One Direction is sooooo much better than the Backstreet Boys.
Porz
Junior
And1: 276

Post#56 » by Porz » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:53 pm

So you are saying that jump shooting team, who everyone knows lives by the 3 and dies by the 3, chokes- as they did previous years, not proven anything team loses in finals makes somehow Lebron the goat? Maybe if he beats them this year and NEXT. I personally see Griz taking them down in west right now.
Luka Doncic life matters too. No to racism!
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#57 » by Dino353 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:54 pm

I have watched both Michael Jordan and Lebron James through their respective careers and I really do not believe Lebron has a shot at Michael unless he gets 6 rings which is actually doable considering Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love are still pretty young and prolific scorers who can aide Lebron to get 3 more within the next 4-5 years but it will not be easy what so ever. Lebron will need to become a better shooter because his physical barreling through traffic type of play won't last forever, and I can tell he has been working on his shot this season because he knows that time is coming. Michael was just something different, I do not see Lebron surpassing him.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#58 » by The Rebel » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:57 pm

Dominater wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Do we? I feel like it's quite the opposite actually especially while discussing sports. Most people say that the current eras are all "soft" and much worse than anything from the 80s or 90s. No one will ever give the current era credit until 20-30 years from now and people will be saying "Player X has nothing on Curry or Irving or whoever" and the cyclw will go on and on.

That's a bunch of bull and you know it. around here especially, I see an awful lot more of "player x would suck if played today" than vice versa

Hell, I've recently seen on this very board people claiming that Charles Barkley and Bill Russell would be scrubs if they were around today. Bill effing Russell a scrub :noway:

People say with MJ zone defenses would've shut him down. Ok. And if they called fouls then like they do now, he also would be shooting about 30 free throws a night. It goes both ways

You know it is funny as I have said before up until 5-6 years ago the argument was Wilt versus Jordan, the people that watched Wilt and were still around insisted on Wilt, while the younger guys all insisted on Jordan. Now I often see lists saying Wilt is not even a top 5 player in NBA history. The same thing happened with Bird, used to be that people put Bird and Magic on the exact same tier, but today people act like you are crazy when you put them on the same tier. Reality is stats and advanced stats never tells the whole story, and people have decided that due to athleticism getting better that older players could not have survived, never realizing that the skill levels have dropped to the point that a 21 year old kid like Jokic can come in with his skills and be a dominant player many nights.

Also people are crazy if they think zone defenses would have stopped Jordan, actually that would have been easier for him than facing the defenses teams employed against Jordan, with constant double coverage, hand checking, and putting him on his ass anytime he went into the lane. Now with his strength Lebron may have been okay, but as you said with the way they called fouls back then compared to today Lebron would have struggled, and today Jordan would be at the line all night long.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#59 » by infinite11285 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 3:18 pm

OP posted and bailed. I smell a troll thread.
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Post#60 » by jptremblay » Wed Feb 8, 2017 3:21 pm

GopherIt! wrote:

One Direction is sooooo much better than the Backstreet Boys.

No way....advanced stats tell the opposite. Backstreet Boys will be killing it all with our current social media hype.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.

Return to The General Board