Ricky Rubio is Wolves second best player without any doubt.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Ricky Rubio is Wolves second best player without any doubt. 

Post#1 » by jptremblay » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:58 am

Ricky Rubio it's arguably Wolves' second best player, Wiggins obviously has more ceiling and value, maybe Lavine too, but right now Rubio's game is the key of the late MIN success after Towns.

Since the all star break:

14.0 PPP
5.3 RPP
10.9 APP

.440 FG
.389 3PT
.558 TS
+13.3 with him on court.

Add a great defense to those numbers, and the intangibles of his game (how he runs the floor, involve teammates...)

It's a shame that Wolves tried hard to trade him this season...if he's moved, MIN will be out of the PO until Dunn developes (something wich probbaly won't happen soon). Also, Thibs prioritzing Lavine and Wiggins tu run the offense before Rubio is one of the dumbest decisions by a head coach in NBA recent years.
You just have to see MIN record without him and how they struggled hard early in the season because Thibs dumb decisions, parking Rubio (poor shooter) in the corner while giving Lavine and Wiggins lots of ISOs. Since Thibs corrected his mistake, Wolves are a winning team, special after Lavine's injury.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Re: Ricky Rubio is Wolves second best player without any doubt. 

Post#2 » by jinxed » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:04 am

Rubio has outplayed John Wall, Steph Curry, and Chris Paul over the last week. He also outplayed Westbrook the last time they matched up. He's been out of this world.

And Phil wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade with Drose because he needed an extra piece!
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
jinxed
Starter

Post#3 » by jinxed » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:06 am

Btw..for anyone who didn't see it tonight, he had 22 points and 19 assists. Wait until you see the highlights for the first qtr where he dropped 10 dimes and one amazing bounce pass.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,389

Post#4 » by cupcakesnake » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:14 am

Rubio's weaknesses are very real, so I understand the haters. But he's beyond elite at the things he's good at. He's a transcendent passer. He's an elite defensive point guard. The biggest question is his shooting/finishing so bad that teams will be able to neuter him in the playoffs. Until then, I cringe when i see trade rumours involving Rubio for (insert mediocre point guard who can shoot here).
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
alebaba
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,389

Post#5 » by alebaba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:28 am

jinxed wrote:Rubio has outplayed John Wall, Steph Curry, and Chris Paul over the last week. He also outplayed Westbrook the last time they matched up. He's been out of this world.

And Phil wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade with Drose because he needed an extra piece!

ok lol
Avihs7
Junior
And1: 167

Post#6 » by Avihs7 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:48 am

alebaba wrote:
jinxed wrote:Rubio has outplayed John Wall, Steph Curry, and Chris Paul over the last week. He also outplayed Westbrook the last time they matched up. He's been out of this world.

ok lol

What's it's all true
jinxed
Starter

Post#7 » by jinxed » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 am

alebaba wrote:

ok lol

Lol what? That he outplayed Wall/CP3 and Steph head to head ? If so ,Go check the box score. It hasn't even been close.

Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#8 » by Pass_the_rock » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:56 am

George Hill also got the spanking last week.
ninjamilk23
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,132

Post#9 » by ninjamilk23 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:58 am

jamaalstar21 wrote:Rubio's weaknesses are very real, so I understand the haters. But he's beyond elite at the things he's good at. He's a transcendent passer. He's an elite defensive point guard. The biggest question is his shooting/finishing so bad that teams will be able to neuter him in the playoffs. Until then, I cringe when i see trade rumours involving Rubio for (insert mediocre point guard who can shoot here).

I hardly watch Wolves unfortunately but is Rubio better than prime Rondo? Because when you mentioned great passer and defender with bad shooting Rondo is the first name i remember. I'm just wondering how Rubio manage to survive in this league when almost all the great PG are great or above average shooters now.
Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way.
MakeItSplash
Junior
And1: 398

Post#10 » by MakeItSplash » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:02 am

jinxed wrote:Btw..for anyone who didn't see it tonight, he had 22 points and 19 assists. Wait until you see the highlights for the first qtr where he dropped 10 dimes and one amazing bounce pass.

bballfan1three3 wrote:So confused... His name is Dante Divencenzo. An Italian name. Italians are white now???? Strange he doesn't even speak Czech or Romanian how can he claim to be a white. Plus Italians have black hair (usually) so that doesn't make sense either
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,498

Post#11 » by My Main Man » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 am

jinxed wrote:
alebaba wrote:

ok lol

Lol what? That he outplayed Wall/CP3 and Steph head to head ? If so ,Go check the box score. It hasn't even been close.

Yeah. jinxed is right. This looks like outplaying those 3 to me.

3/13:
Wall - 27/5/2 -20
Rubio - 22/19/5 +20

3/10:
Curry - 26/7/6 -5
Rubio - 17/13/4 +5

3/8:
Paul - 7/10/3 -15
Rubio - 15/12/6 +13
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#12 » by wablty » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 am

ninjamilk23 wrote:
jamaalstar21 wrote:Rubio's weaknesses are very real, so I understand the haters. But he's beyond elite at the things he's good at. He's a transcendent passer. He's an elite defensive point guard. The biggest question is his shooting/finishing so bad that teams will be able to neuter him in the playoffs. Until then, I cringe when i see trade rumours involving Rubio for (insert mediocre point guard who can shoot here).

I hardly watch Wolves unfortunately but is Rubio better than prime Rondo? Because when you mentioned great passer and defender with bad shooting Rondo is the first name i remember. I'm just wondering how Rubio manage to survive in this league when almost all the great PG are great or above average shooters now.

I think he's a tier above Rondo as a passer. It seems like about twice a game, he'll make a pass that I don't think anyone in the league would/could have done with consistency since Kidd's prime. The only player in the league right now that I think comes close to Ricky as a pure creative passer is probably Lebron.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,726

Post#13 » by Yoshun » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:12 am

He's played really well the last 2 or 3 weeks. Outside of that, his season has been pretty underwhelming.
jinxed
Starter

Post#14 » by jinxed » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:13 am

My Main Man wrote:
jinxed wrote:
alebaba wrote:

ok lol

Yeah. jinxed is right. This looks like outplaying those 3 to me.

3/13:
Wall - 27/5/2 -20
Rubio - 22/19/5 +20

3/10:
Curry - 26/7/6 -5
Rubio - 17/13/4 +5

3/8:
Paul - 7/10/3 -15
Rubio - 15/12/6 +13

Thanks, also in that game against Curry, Curry had 26 points, but on 10-27 shooting.

Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,156

Post#15 » by Edrees » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:16 am

It's always been about health for Rubio, I knew he can ball like this but can he stay healthy for a full season? I hope so.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#16 » by TMU » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:28 am

Won't say he's better than Curry, Paul or Wall (those are 3 of the Top 4 PGs in this league), but Rubio is a smart player who's figured out how to contribute to his team in the midst of realizing and improving on his weaknesses. He's a very good defender and rebounder for his position, and now his shots have started to fall.

No question he's better than Wiggins or Lavine, and it's really bizarre that his team was considering trading him over those two overrated players who do little outside of scoring the basketball.
ChartFiction
Starter
And1: 2,768

Post#17 » by ChartFiction » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:45 am

So because of like 8 games where he managed to actually shoot well? What about the rest of the season?

Why are people bringing up names like CP3 and Curry like Rubio has any business being mentioned anywhere near them. Rubio is in the bottom half of the league's point guards (without looking, but definitely not top 10).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#18 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:45 am

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Ace_Rockola
Rookie
And1: 567

Post#19 » by Ace_Rockola » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:50 am

ChartFiction wrote:So because of like 8 games where he managed to actually shoot well? What about the rest of the season?

Why are people bringing up names like CP3 and Curry like Rubio has any business being mentioned anywhere near them. Rubio is in the bottom half of the league's point guards (without looking, but definitely not top 10).

You honestly must never watch him play, also scoring is only one part of basketball.

And Rubio "has been playing good for a few weeks" comments, it's been since coach thibs decided to actually let Rubio control the offense instead of handing the ball to Wiggins and standing aside.
Phureal
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#20 » by Phureal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:14 am

Yoshun wrote:He's played really well the last 2 or 3 weeks. Outside of that, his season has been pretty underwhelming.

Right around the time that Lavine went down

Return to The General Board